Ordered my 1.2 SE in Muscovado last week :o)

retro gal

Hello all. Just found this site on Google. I'm SOOO ridiculously excited about getting my yeti that I thought I'd better share my joy with other like-minded people!! It's strange, but it genuinely feels SOOO much more exciting than getting a 'normal' car. I considered the Nissan Qashqai but as soon as I saw/rode the Yeti there was no comparison. There is just something cool/quirky about this car - it really does have its own character/personality that is lacking in so many other vehicles on the road. I was set to order the entry level E then talked myself into the S and eventually ordered the SE with optional extra roof bars, rubber mats for car and boot and ESP. This lot should have cost me just over £17k and I haggled with the BEST ever dealer (can highly recommend them), eventually agreeing on £14,650 :) I think this was a pretty good discount. The only thing I'm not that chuffed about is the SE dolomite alloys. I MUCH prefer the Elegance 'Annapurna' alloys but the dealer can't do a swap for me

Edited by retro gal

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the land of the Yeti, retro gal - SMOC by any other name.

Not another 'brown' one though...?! Who would have thought that 'brown' would be one of the most popular colours for a car. One thing is for sure, you will love your Yeti as much as you think you will. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Is it on order or do you posess it already?

Welcome to the land of the Yeti, retro gal - SMOC by any other name.

Not another 'brown' one though...?! Who would have thought that 'brown' would be one of the most popular colours for a car. One thing is for sure, you will love your Yeti as much as you think you will. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Is it on order or do you posess it already?

It's on order...Should be here in around 10 weeks :( Long wait...I'm still umming and ahhhing about colour as I know I could possibly change it at this stage as only ordered last week...I basically want something that's a bit quirky/different/funky and my views on colour were as follows:

Black - nightmare to keep clean and not really me...

Blues and greens - a bit conservative for me...

Red - never really liked red cars

White - very tempted but with a dog would be a nightmare to keep clean

Light silver/aqua colours - prefer the contrast with the chrome on the darker colours

Steel grey - VERY tempted - love the colour but again, thought it looked a bit too 'normal' for a yeti...

So the only other option was the Muscovado that I just felt was a bit different and suited the car...

Has anyone got a muscovado yeti and if so, are they pleased with their choice?

If I'd read the title properly, I wouldn't have asked my 'have you got it yet' question... emoticon-0120-doh.gif

My choice was between Muscavado and Candy White - I could see Muscavado becoming 'common' so went for up-market Candy White - but then I don't own a dog! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

If I'd read the title properly, I wouldn't have asked my 'have you got it yet' question... emoticon-0120-doh.gif

My choice was between Muscavado and Candy White - I could see Muscavado becoming 'common' so went for up-market Candy White - but then I don't own a dog! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

White is a great colour. Very 'Apple' (ipod). I'm very torn between the 3 colours...white, muscovado and steel grey...All great colours

Hi retro gal - welcome to the Forum!!!

very similiar experience to me this.

I nearly order a Qashqai, but found the quirky nature of the Yeti more appealing. I was going to order an 'S' model and then ended up getting an Elegance. I really hated the wheels on the SE model, and was annoyed i couldn't change them. But i got a fantastic deal on the Elegance model with Sat Nav which i got it for almost an SE model price I also ordered a 1.2 TSI engine, DSG version and in Musocado. It's strangely one of the best colours in the Yeti to suit it's quirky nature. I was very suprised how popular this colour is, i think it's one of the most popular colours on here. Which only reaffirms what good taste we have. :giggle:

I ordered at the beginning of February - so i'm looking at an early April delivery. :wonder:

Edited by Krooked

Hi retro gal - welcome to the Forum!!!

very similiar experience to me this.

I nearly order a Qashqai, but found the quirky nature of the Yeti more appealing. I was going to order an 'S' model and then ended up getting an Elegance. I really hated the wheels on the SE model, and was annoyed i couldn't change them. But i got a fantastic deal on the Elegance model with Sat Nav which i got it for almost an SE model price I also ordered a 1.2 TSI engine, DSG version and in Musocado. It's strangely one of the best colours in the Yeti to suit it's quirky nature. I was very suprised how popular this colour is, i think it's one of the most popular colours on here. Which only reaffirms what good taste we have. :giggle:

I ordered at the beginning of February - so i'm looking at an early April delivery. :wonder:

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind telling me how much you paid for the Elegance? Would be interested to see if it was in my budget as I would LOVE The Elegance alloys :) Out of interest (and not being rude!) how old are you? I'm 33 and my friend thinks the muscovado is an 'older' persons choice! I think it's a FABULOUS colour. Would be great to see peoples ages added to the colour/model/trim poll on this forum. Would make interesting reading

You could have had red like Postman Pat or blue like a Gas Board van.

I chose Cappucino for my SE - why? 'Cos it does not show the dirt and needs cleaning less often!!

From your other post. The central seat at the rear clears the Jumbo box with the headrest removed - no probs.

Regarding age. I (like most of the other members of this forum) can remember rationing and Churchill being PM!!

I chose Cappucino for my SE - why? 'Cos it does not show the dirt and needs cleaning less often!!

From your other post. The central seat at the rear clears the Jumbo box with the headrest removed - no probs.

Regarding age. I (like most of the other members of this forum) can remember rationing and Churchill being PM!!

Hee hee. Thanks for the reply. Love your comment regarding age. I guess I'm the baby of the forum then! I guess I've got mature taste in cars!! I should have guessed when by 80 year old nan loved the yeti :)

Hee hee. Thanks for the reply. Love your comment regarding age. I guess I'm the baby of the forum then! I guess I've got mature taste in cars!! I should have guessed when by 80 year old nan loved the yeti :)

38 on thursday :S and chose storm blue. Some other storm bluers age 20 and 60 I think. Both a new BMW and new crossover mini are advertised in brown so think it is very fashionable at the moment. My slightly older hubby would have chosen the brown. Funny that, like me when choosing colours, many people go for the least 'offensive' rather than the one that they've fallen in love with. I think of aqua blue and cappacino as the older man colours but thats down to car owners around me. I didn't go for brown as it reminds me of a range rover (and also my Dad's Cortina when I was little) as I'm trying to play down the 4x4 look. I never would have gone for this vehicle orginally but then I sat in it and had a test drive and the kids loved it and.....bye bye Octavia.

Edited by CharlieB72

Good luck with the new car. I really like the Muscovado but in the end plumped for Steel grey - I think you are right though - the Yeti should have a bold colour as its such an original design so I may feel Ive played it too safe when mine turns up. I think I made the decision more so on it looking 'smart' rather than 'fun'. Anyway, Muscovado, White and Grey were the only colours I contemplated.

Lee

I didn't go for brown as it reminds me of a range rover (and also my Dad's Cortina when I was little) as I'm trying to play down the 4x4 look. I never would have gone for this vehicle orginally but then I sat in it and had a test drive and the kids loved it and.....bye bye Octavia.

I love the idea that it looks like a 4x4 - chunky monkey but without the huge fuel bill...Perfect for me and my doggy...Haven't seen the blue in the raw yet. I've heard it's very nice

Good luck with the new car. I really like the Muscovado but in the end plumped for Steel grey - I think you are right though - the Yeti should have a bold colour as its such an original design so I may feel Ive played it too safe when mine turns up. I think I made the decision more so on it looking 'smart' rather than 'fun'. Anyway, Muscovado, White and Grey were the only colours I contemplated.

Lee

Which model have you got? Good to see someone near my age buying one...Did your friends give you abuse for buying it? People of out age just don't seem to be able to get over the Skoda brand stigma...I see you're in N London - pretty close to me. We'll prob pass each other on the road sometime!

My Royal Mail van

4328149644_906381a94d.jpg

Summer coat

4355294893_15120cc24f.jpg

Winter coat

TP :rofl:

Which model have you got? Good to see someone near my age buying one...Did your friends give you abuse for buying it? People of out age just don't seem to be able to get over the Skoda brand stigma...I see you're in N London - pretty close to me. We'll prob pass each other on the road sometime!

A couple of mates thought it was a weird chioce but they know the quality of the Skoda brand (they have been impressed with my previous ones), their comments were more aimed at the style of the Yeti I think.

I went for a 1.8TSi Elegance 4x4. Every option except the tow bar prep.

I commute between Enfield and Hoddesdon so Im sure I'll see you around. :)

Lee

I commute between Enfield and Hoddesdon so Im sure I'll see you around. :)

Lee

I'm in Hertford so yes, I'm pretty sure we'll toot each other on the A10! Sounds like a nice spec car. I LOVE the style/looks of the yeti. Funny as some people genuinely think it's really ugly :doh:

Muscovado, was going to be my colour, not just because it is the one that I like the most, followed by the green and then the cuppa coffee colour but because it is the most stealthy in the environment that I live. I do think that the Muscovado, is a subtle shade and that is why it might be the preferred colour of the more mature men of the forum. We have long ago lost our child like obsession with strong primary colours. :giggle: It is highly likely that I may be moving on to fields anew and perhaps a reason for a particular type of colour might have abated. If I still had dogs however, I would be thinking of a light colour because those shades do not build up heat so fast as the dark. White being the best in this respect, it is also very sharp and classy. I have seen one white Yeti and thought it looked very stunning. It is about £410 cheaper than the metallics also. Their is an image floating around somewhere here of that colour but I know that some kind person will flash it up soon enough for us. It could also from afar, be mistaken for a patrol car and might give some added protection from the hoodlum element who might be showing off in their brightly coloured chav mobiles. :rock: :)

Edited by Anthony 1

Muscovado, was going to be my colour, not just because it is the one that I like the most, followed by the green and then the cuppa coffee colour but because it is the most stealthy in the environment that I live. I do think that the Muscovado, is a subtle shade and that is why it might be the preferred colour of the more mature men of the forum. We have long ago lost our child like obsession with strong primary colours. :giggle: It is highly likely that I may be moving on to fields anew and perhaps a reason for a particular type of colour might have abated. If I still had dogs however, I would be thinking of a light colour because those shades do not build up heat so fast as the dark. White being the best in this respect, it is also very sharp and classy. I have seen one white Yeti and thought it looked very stunning. It is about £410 cheaper than the metallics also. Their is an image floating around somewhere here of that colour but I know that some kind person will flash it up soon enough for us. It could also from afar, be mistaken for a patrol car and might give some added protection from the hoodlum element who might be showing off in their brightly coloured chav mobiles. :rock: :)

Hmmmm. I must admit I do like the white a lot but THINK I like the muscovado that little bit more...I thinks it's a unique colour and I like things to be a bit different...Although white looks quite young and modern.....I'm torn!

Is it all about sating ones artistic desires or can some practical element come into the equation? Their is no doubt about it, that the Brown is a class act, on the other hand this is a most subjective debate, one man's meat and all of that jazz. I just like to add some practicality and objectivity in to my choices, preferences may change.

Edited by Anthony 1

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind telling me how much you paid for the Elegance? Would be interested to see if it was in my budget as I would LOVE The Elegance alloys :) Out of interest (and not being rude!) how old are you? I'm 33 and my friend thinks the muscovado is an 'older' persons choice! I think it's a FABULOUS colour. Would be great to see peoples ages added to the colour/model/trim poll on this forum. Would make interesting reading

Mine is a personal lease - i like to change my cars every 3 years, and it's a lot less money and hassle for me. The Elegance 1.2 TSI DSG with Sat Nav was £336.00 p.m with no deposit. The best deals are with http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk - but i got it through Lombard on a company prefferential rate.

I am 35 yrs old - and i've got to the age now where i don't really worry about what people think tbh. In fact i've had more funny remarks off people older cos' they remember Skoda before it was VAG owned. Most people under 30 don't have that predjuidce. With regards to colour i don't look at as old, more new and modern, and different. It does seem to suit the vehicle. Some colours work on some cars and not on others. I probably wouldn't like Muscovado on a new Golf for example.

Edited by Krooked

Ive not got a Yeti , but I hope my comments are valid here - I REALLY like the Muscovado Brown paint on the Yeti , it reminds me of my first VW Beetle , which was a 1303 campaign edition that only came in Brown Met. Im 40 BTW , and Id love a Yeti if a 4x4 was what I was looking for.