SUNGLASS HOLDER

mrgf

• 1 month later...

Fitted what Skoda deem a 'Luxury Item'... £18quid and 5 minutes to fit!!...

Headlining Sunglasses Holder :)

zkXNdu4.jpg
The 'Blanking' plate

6QKCipB.jpg
Forgot I have a 'Cat-1' Alarm

yw9fjgH.jpg
The Part - Apparently not made for my model! ;)

4HUhtnE.jpg
The Part (2)

4fw2wSS.jpg
Alarm Sensors clipped in (most time consuming bit was Uncliping these out of the Blanking Plate)

UHHPQSh.jpg
'CLICK' in place!

JZhNXHL.jpg
Pops open with a nice 'Damped' motion

C1FumtA.jpg
Much better than reaching over to my glovebox at 70mph to get my sunnies!! :)

H5XRFOL.jpg
£18 including VAT and one bent back thumb nail (unclipping the sensors) :( ...

But Worth it!!  B)

I will be using this for a how to when i get around to fitting mine! I luckily managed to find one on ebay, from a 2010 car for a solid £12 in black!! haha bargain or what!

is it just a case of prising it out with a flat headed screwdriver?

Edited by matthewl

You see where those two metal clips are in the above photo, just get an eating knife and push it through the gap where those metal clips are until u push them in. You can use two knives or push each metal clip in one at a time. Then gently pull the whole thing out, then clip the new one in place

Edited by fabia55
  • Like 1

You see where those two metal clips are in the above photo, just get an eating knife and push it through the gap where those metal clips are until u push them in. You can use two knives or push each metal clip in one at a time. Then gently pull the whole thing out, then clip the new one in place

Or just use your hand, you can very easily pull it out with your hand. Just spread your fingers along the vent edge and pull

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I also did this over the bank holiday.  Paid a little more off ebay but the part came from Rainworth Skoda.  took me about 15 mins as I got in a mess with the alarm sensor wiring as I though I had to take it out but I didn't realise the whole block came off and transferred initially - doh!  There's always one isn't there!  Anyway, great little mod.

just to add another one to this, bought it for £17 from the local dealer and took about 2 mins to put in using the instructions found here! well worth it! 

that's quite an increase in price, i paid about £13 from dealers about 2 years ago. i guess most parts have increase a lot.

Best place for them is from ebay rather than from a dealers! I got one for my Dad's Octavia which again was fitted in less than a minute! Quick, cool enhancement to anyone with out one of these! :)

i had a look on ebay and the cheapest i found was 22 quid (including postage) didn't think it was too bad but as i had to go back to the garage anyway i thought i may as well save 5 quid! 

i had a look on ebay and the cheapest i found was 22 quid (including postage) didn't think it was too bad but as i had to go back to the garage anyway i thought i may as well save 5 quid! 

Yeah, that's what I paid.  There's not a dealer that close and I work from home so it was easier for me to have it delivered for the money.  I saw plenty of the cream coloured ones but not many black ones for the VRS that I needed.

• 3 years later...

Well mine has Bluetooth and it's pretty much as shown above, all the wiring sensors mic etc are on one block just use a small screwdriver to unclip it from the blanking plate and it will just clip into the sunglasses holder. The clips on the sunglasses holder are a little different from the blanking plate but don't worry the block will still clip in easy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When you say set a record, do you mean slowest fitting time? If you read my 4th post, you would see I took around 30 seconds to remove my blanking panel and fit the sunglass holder. Mustard mitt though, I have no alarm wiring!