vRS FL Hatch rear window tint question

Has anyone tinted the rear windows on the vRS FL hatchback? Saw a 59 plate S3 in white and it looked nice with rear windows tinted.

I know on the estate you can have this as a factory option.

Just wandering whether to get mine's done or not?

I find dark tints creepy and feel that something unpleasant is being concealed . I also do not like being unable to see what is happening in front of another vehicle.

But that is just me I guess emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Here are a few pics of my race blue FL vRS which has a medium tint on the tailgate and rear doors. The front doors I've left clear as per the VOSA regulations, but I've had a clear UV protection film installed to help keept the interior cool. The film is a hybrid metallised rather than the cheaper dyes versions, this gives better heat/UV protection, won't fade and also gives true colour perception when looking out.

P1040295.jpg?t=1266686684

P1040297.jpg?t=1266686709

P1040300.jpg?t=1266686746

P1040301.jpg?t=1266686377

P1040298.jpg?t=1266686768

Edited by shrikep15

Cost me a little over £300, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Having seen some really horrible installs I wanted to make sure I found a company that know what they're doing.

The quality of the work is excellent; the installer removes all the trim to ensure a perfect pattern can be made which is then transferred onto the tinted film. There is not a single air bubble or ripple, and likewise there are no gaps around the seals. I was concerned about rattles and squeaks developing with the trim removal, but almost 4 months on and there is not a sound. Best of all, you get a lifetime guarantee for as long as you own the car.

The company I used are Auto Asylym based in Maidenhead, Berks.

What level of tint is that is it just smoke or light or dark smoke? anyone a dab hand with photoshop? as i am tempted by a lighter tint (probably the light smoke) but not sure if its going to look good or not

Don't forget the official Skoda accessory for rear side window mesh blinds. They look very smart when fitted and very secure, no rattles etc. From a short distance it looks like tints but when you get inside the car you realise it's a mesh. Another bonus is that if you leave the rear windows open for some reason, you don't get that unpleasant thumping sound resonating and bugs/flys can't get in.

£78 from your dealer.