Roomster facelift official photos and info

RapidRonnie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not... unless you are taking part in drag racing? ;)

Roughly half the cars out on our roads have 0-60 times of about that or longer... so I can't see a problem...

Edited by The PM

What are the figures for the old engines? I'm guessing the 90BHP one must be better than the 80BHP 1.4, and I can't see why the 105BHP should be slower than the old 1.9 as it has the same torque?

So in other words the new range is an improvement, not to mention lower emissions, more refinement and better fuel consumption :)

I would be seriously considering a 1.2TSI facelift Scout right now, but probably when my change my car I'd want something different just for a change.

Roomster facelift prices:

Trim Engine CO2 OTR Price

S

1.2 12v 70bhp 143 £11,260

1.2 TSI 85bhp 134 £11,890

1.2 TSI 105bhp DSG 134 £13,250

SE

1.2 TSI 85bhp 134 £13,245

1.2 TSI 105bhp 134 £13,895

1.2 TSI 105bhp DSG 134 £14,605

1.6 TDI CR 90bhp 124 £14,515

1.6 TDI CR 105bhp 124 £14,735

Scout

1.2 TSI 85bhp 134 £13,890

1.2 TSI 105bhp 134 £14,540

1.2 TSI 105bhp DSG 134 £15,250

1.6 TDI CR 90bhp 124 £15,160

1.6 TDI CR 105bhp 124 £15,380

Edited by OctaviaT81

For what it's worth, I still chose the 1.6 petrol very recently:-

1. I do very few long runs and don't want to get involved with DPF problems which can get very expensive. (A friend recently got a £400 bill for sorting out the DPF of his FIAT Blobbo). I guess I would have got the diesel if I did enough longish runs at speed but I don't so that's the end of it.

2. I seem to be getting around 42 mpg but a lot of my driving is semi-rural so average speed is probably no more than 35 mph. Being an "economy" driver (I once did a course on this), even when I do occasionally use dual-carriageways, etc., I cruise at 60. I am advised that this is probably the best cruising speed for most cars because going faster than that sends the air resistance factor up very significantly. Apparently this is the main reason why fuel economy drops off at speed and for the average 20 mile journey, the difference between driving at 75 mph and 60 mph is no more than a couple of minutes.

3. I tried the smaller petrol engine but for me it simply did not have enough acceleration away from the lights, etc.

What the **** are Skoda thinking ?.Just seen the FL Roomster catalogue on line,hideous colours,Mocca brown ?..... Green with silver Roof and mirrors ????.Bloody hell. :thumbdown:

The brown looks good on the Scout: http://www.skoda-auto.cz/cze/model/roomster/equipment/scout/Pages/scout.aspx

I think it works well, like the Muscavado on the Yeti....

I agree on the roof colours though; the alternating colour roof looks good on the Fabia because it has a flat roof but I just don't think it works on the Roomster.

Hi,

I have a question on the new diesel engines for the Roomster SE:

1.6 TDI CR 90bhp 124 £14,515

1.6 TDI CR 105bhp 124 £14,735

For the sake of £220, what is the difference between 90bhp and 105bhp? Surely it is worth going for the slightly more expensive option, especially as the CO2 emissions are listed as the same?

Does anyone think I will get a new model 'VAT Free' if I order before the end of the month?

Many thanks in advance,

Matthew.

Does anyone think I will get a new model 'VAT Free' if I order before the end of the month?

Many thanks in advance,

Matthew.

Someone on the Fabia forum has done that, but you'd be lucky to repeat that deal. Worth a try though!

Is that Mocca Brown or Safari Beige?

Ahhh, you're right, it's Safari Beige (exclusive to the Scout).

They're doing Mocca Brown too which I think is the same as Muscavado on the Yeti, it's actually a nice colour "in real life"

Some "real life" photos of the Roomster facelift here: http://news.auto.cz/dojmy/fabia-skoda-tsi-prvni-jizdni-dojmy.html

Not keen on the coloured roof option for the Roomster, but the facelifted Scout looks good :thumbup:

I dont think the Roomster needed facelifting tbh, the coloured roof doesnt impress and will probably be £355 extra! I suppose the new engines will be an improvement but I'm happy with my 1.9 tdi.

I don't like the coloured roof either. I think it looks OK(ish) on the Furby but not on the Roomy.

The new diesel engines will be more refined than the outgoing ones but they will also have a DPF.

I, too am happy with my DPF-less 1.9TDI.

I notice they have the engine power/torque graphs as well... they are very strange looking torque curves for the TSi and TDi engines... in fact "curves" is the wrong word as they are flat!!

I notice they have the engine power/torque graphs as well... they are very strange looking torque curves for the TSi and TDi engines... in fact "curves" is the wrong word as they are flat!!

That's good though! Peak torque available accross most of the useable rev range.

I think the torque curves of most turbo engines tend to look like that?

They seem to quite rare now, I think it was Autocar back in the 70s that used to do it for all cars they tested... but the ones I've seen for diesels tend to show a fairly steep curve up to max torque and then very gradual the other side, Sort of like this:

http://www.revotechnik.com/aboutRevo/news/edc17/2TDi170.jpg

I've never seen a totally flat curve... though as you say if its true then it would certainly be interesting, though its a pretty sudden drop-off on the diesel after 2500rpm, considerably different to the 2.0 one on the above link which is still delivering useful torque in a smooth manner well above 3000rpm, I'm not so sure I'm too keen on that!

Edited by The PM

• 1 month later...

203215-top_foto2-4i908.jpg

ŠKODA SHOWS NEW FACES OF FABIA AND ROOMSTER

- complete facelift of the smallest product line

- thoroughly new design

- state of art engines and used technologies

Škoda Auto is presenting the first photos of its smallest product line that has now been completely facelifted. Made to all of the models of this line, the changes involve outside design, as well as technology and the portfolio of available engines. The vehicle's height has remained unchanged, but its new design “language” that stresses the vehicle's width and the brand new front make both the Fabia and the Roomster look more dynamic and self confident on the road than their predecessors. The facelift includes Scout model line which will also be presented in Geneva.

The facelifted look of the Fabia and the Roomster is underlined by a new radiator grille and 3D-shaped headlamps that have been considerably widened to highlight the horizontal line of the vehicle's front. Despite its more dynamic front part, the Fabia hasn't lost any of its elegance and the Roomster is still an eye-catcher. Both vehicles look more confident, mature and emotionally expressive. Some of the popular features, such as the shape of the glazed surfaces around the vehicle's cabin that resemble a helmet visor and are an important part of both the Roomster's and the Fabia's identity, have remained unchanged. Moreover, both of the modernised model lines feature new aluminium wheels, decorative hubcaps and paint colours.

Years ago, the Fabia line became the base for Škoda's portfolio of compact vehicles that is now made up of altogether five models. Just like the Fabia, the Fabia Combi and the Roomster (MPV) will get a number of technological improvements along with the new face, including state-of-the-art, mostly supercharged engines. The engine portfolio for the Fabia and the Roomster is actually the core of all the changes. The manufacturer offers altogether seven petrol engines and three diesel units whose power ranges from 44 kW to 77 kW in the Fabia and from 51 kW to 77 kW in the Roomster. All of the engines exported to EU countries comply with the EU 5 standard and have low fuel consumption and CO2 emission levels.

The objective of Škoda's development efforts was to improve the power of the engines and make them more environmentally friendly at the same time. Combined with an optimised two-clutch seven-speed DSG transmission, the new 1.2 TSI petrol engine (77 kW) has a consumption of 5.3 litres/100 km. The four-cylinder TSI engine is available in two power levels – 63 kW and 77 kW. Both of these versions will also be available in combination with a five-speed manual transmission.

The power of the 1.2- and 1.6-litre diesel engines ranges from 55 kW to 77 kW. All of the diesel units are fitted with a particulate filter. One of the main changes is high-pressure Common Rail injection - the injection pressure is as much as 1,600 bar and the fast-responding piezoelectric injectors are able to perform as many as five injections within one beat. As a result, all engines run is considerably smoother and the volume of emissions is under 110g/km of CO2 thorough the whole diesel range. The combustion gases in all of the diesel versions of the Fabia and the Roomster are cleaned in an oxidation catalyst and by means of exhaust gas recirculation.

Engine portfolio:

· 1.2 HTP/44 kW (60 k)

· 1.2 12V HTP/51 kW (70 PS)

· 1.4 16V/63 kW (86 PS)

· 1.2 TSI/63 kW (86 PS)

· 1.2 TSI/77 kW (105 PS)

· 1.6 16V/77 kW (105 PS)

· 1.6 16V/77 kW (105 PS) (A)

· 1.2 TDI CR DPF/55 kW (75 PS)

· 1.6 TDI CR DPF/66 kW (90 PS)

· 1.6 TDI CR DPF/77 kW (105 PS)