Does vRS 2.0 TDi CR DSG 170bhp have launch control ?

I would think that the vRS has the launch control facility, if you look at the thread link posted above I think vRSCarl has it correct, what Brimma is refering to is the hill hold control which just holds the brakes on for a couple of seconds after you have released the brake pedal, more useful in manual cars where the driver hasn't yet got the hang of hill starts using the handbrake! if you want to know how to use DSG launch control then have a look on you tube, I'm sure I've seen some videos on there how to use it.

• 1 year later...

Yes it does..

Put the DSG box into sport (s)

Turn off traction

Put your left foot on the brake

floor the gas

Let go of the brake

It also works when the DSG is in manual.

The temperatures also have to be up to operating temp. Try this when the car isn't warm and it won't let you....

It also works when the DSG is in manual.

The temperatures also have to be up to operating temp. Try this when the car isn't warm and it won't let you....

Never managed to get it to work.

Maybe you can give me a demo when you pop over for a VCDS scan ?

Never managed to get it to work.

Maybe you can give me a demo when you pop over for a VCDS scan ?

Can do, but think it might be an idea to leave the estate first emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Yes it does have it! Works quite well too - will certainly be using it on the 1/4 mile at GTI International this year :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

I couldn't get it to work - the temp was central on the gauge, which is where it normally is. Also, what's the point of turning TC off? Surely you need it on to prevent wheelspin ...

Replies/advice gratefully received!

Dr Spankle

Yes it does..

Put the DSG box into sport (s)

Turn off traction

Put your left foot on the brake

floor the gas

Let go of the brake

I think I'd need a permanent note attached to the windscreen to get the sequence right :doh:

Sequence can’t be quite right as car won’t go into gear unless foot is on brake. Could not get this to work in our old 2010 VRS and it always seemed a bit upset when you started to put your foot on the gas with the foot on the brake. Don’t have the heart to try it again.

Left foot on brake, traction off, S, gas is the correct sequence. Done it loads of times ;)

Tried it once and the car just cut all power, though I didn't have traction off....might give me something to look forward to this week as back to work!

It is quite fussy and may take a few attempts to work. Engine has to be warm too in my experience.... Just practice, you don't actually need to launch to know it has worked as the engine will sit there at 2k RPM and the clutch will not be engaged. You will know it hasn't worked as you will feel the car try to pull under the brakes.

I couldn't get it to work - the temp was central on the gauge, which is where it normally is. Also, what's the point of turning TC off? Surely you need it on to prevent wheelspin ...

Replies/advice gratefully received!

Dr Spankle

That's the water temp, check that the oil temp is up to the 90s on the Maxidot display, usually this takes 10-15 minutes longer for me than the water temp