Which Servicing sched?

Hi All

I am picking up my new VRS petrol dsg next week and was after some advice on servicing?

I will be doing about 12.000 a yr and was wondering if its best to get fixed or variable servicing ??

Many Thanks

Edited by mikeoz

Hi All

I am picking up my new VRS petrol dsg next week and was after some advice on servicing?

I will be doing about 12.000 a yr and was wondering if its best to get fixed or variable servicing ??

Many Thanks

I've been recommended variable servicing for my Diesel vRS for 12k miles p.a.

Hi All

Many Thanks

I'm picking up my manual petrol vRS next week. Been advised to use variable, mind you I do 25k/yr. I asked about the difference in price between the two service types and there was about £50 difference which I was told was because of the oil the variable needs - I thought you got the same oil regardless of service regime?

I would have variable every time.

Yes oil is a little bit more expensive, but visiting the dealer at 20,000 instead of 10,000 easily makes it cheaper

I've had mine put onto fixed. I'd do about 10k a year and I like to know when the service is coming.

I pick my car up today and they have set it to fixxed. Shame I want it on varable as i do allot of miles. Fix would mean up to 3 trips to dealers a year.

Get them to change it back to variable. All new cars come from the factory set to variable, they have taken the trouble to alter it to variable so you spend more money.

My garage did this and I got them to change back to variable

I would have variable every time.

Yes oil is a little bit more expensive, but visiting the dealer at 20,000 instead of 10,000 easily makes it cheaper

I chose fixed (about 7000 miles per year). Picked up car (new) - 1.8TSI L&K DSG estate about 2 weeks ago and asked which oil they used (so that I would use the same for top up). They showed me the expensive one (VW 504 /507 spec) which is needed for variable (but obviously ok for fixed). So no savings in oil cost for me. I'm fairly happy with that as I believe in regular oil changes using the best oil possible.

Fixed for me. New VRS CR.

As ex main dealer mech for Alfa Romeo I have seen the state of some of the oil that has come out of long service intervals.

My personal opinion is 10 K is enough for any oil. And you also have the brakes to consider.

All just my own personnel opinion(Based on a bit of experience)

I will probably cover about 12k a year & have opted for the fixed annual / 10k service option and intend to have the oil specified for the variable service put in at each service.

Changing the oil regularly is not going to do the engine any harm, I think it depends on how long you intend to keep the car for as to if you want to pay out any extra costs.

Look up ‘Engine Sludging’ on google, and then decide which schedule you would like to use..

Edited by antrich1968