Petrol Station.....£73 lighter - Anyone beat that?!

Have just filled up my Mk one Octy VRS, with just over 58 litres of lovely super unleaded at Tesco. I fancied treating myself and the car and looked up at the final price, a whopping £73!!!! :S

Can anyone beat this, being Tesco it was still relatively cheaper than other places....?! I mean £73, that is really ridiculous, never thought I would break through the £70 barrier!! Scary stuff indeed.

Thanks government :wonder:

I managed to get £106 into an old Mercedes in December and last year when fuel was £1.30 my friend managed to get £128 into his S6!

£106 to fill up the old S600 and it lasted about 300 miles!! :(

Your local Tescos sounds a bit dear, even with prices what they are at the moment I'm paying about £64 for a full tank of 99 RON from Tescos, and I thought it would be more expensive in the South East!

I noticed actually Tescos isn't that much cheaper than other places at the moment, in fact some of the Shell garages near me have become cheaper for super unleaded than Tescos in the past couple of months

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Thats about a £7 a tank more than around here, as billy says our sainsburys works out cheaper.

How many litres was that ???

I did 52.160l @1.2009 pl = £63.06 this week

And 2 wks ago it 55.130l @ 1.179 pl = £65

Gone up 3p a litre in 2 wks :dull:

When I was driving past Munich a few weeks back I almost fell over when I saw the fuel cost!

I filled up with Shell V-Power Racing 100, 1.679 Euro's per litre!!!! I think I paid about 85 Euros for a tank. Pretty painfull!

But then the same fuel in Austria was much cheaper, and it was also cheaper than here in the UK.

A few years ago I filled up my Octy at the Local shell station, there was a power glitch as I was filling up, all the lights in the garage flickered. Finished filling & went to pay, pump showed 15p Yep 15 Pence. I was totally honest & said it was a full tank, the chap thought for a bit & tried a few things with the readout, then smiled & said looks like its 15P then. They had no way of checking so stood by the price

I spoke to my dad earlier today who'd just been out and filled up his Ford 4x4 thing, think it might be an excursion or something, whatever it is, it has a huge fuel tank.....

Roughly cost him about £14 or so. One of the benefits of Dubai I guess!!

Imagine if fuel was 80p a gallon here!

Have a look at this site fella petrolprices.com.they send you an email,when you sign up.letting you know where's the cheapest place for petrol in your area.hope this is some help.

Edited by Baz_vRS

When passed my driving test in 1979, petrol cost less than a pound a gallon which is about 23pence a litre. A fiver would fill up either the 2CV or Mini which were respectively my first and second cars.

Edited by SILVER ROCKET

It was 124.9p per litre,usually the Tesco by me is pretty good and competitive! Not sure of the exact amount but was just over 58 litres,must of been running on vapors! Go to Tesco for the points really,may have to consider Sainsburys now then....

Edited by Woo7dy

When I first started driving petrol was 28p a gallon....6p per litre. Filling the tank of my Triumph Herald cost less than £1.50......

Andy

Edited by AndyC

Paid 1.225 Euro (~£1.13) in Bordeaux yesterday at a cheap place for diesel so I guess our prices are only 4p dearer, due the Governments' escalator. My local Tesco and Asda are 117.9p and Sainsbury 1p more. The big change in the UK is the rise in petrol prices to match diesel.

I got ripped off in the local Morrisons the other day 55 Litres for £34 :'( used to be £30 a few weeks back :D :D :D but still waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than Vpower :giggle:

its a 55l tank then 7l reserve and what ever you cram into the neck,

I have had 61and a bit mind I was on fumes lol, and only just made it thru the M4 road works by j30 to the tesco on the A470 lol

I got ripped off in the local Morrisons the other day 55 Litres for £34 :'( used to be £30 a few weeks back :D :D :D but still waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than Vpower :giggle:

????????????????

50 l for £34 what?

how long ago? 3 years pos