Fabia 2 VRS Price

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On information I have received from my dealer ( they say we;'ll have the vRS for test driving in May, so on that you could assume it will be fairly shortly... )

However, I choose to take that info. with a pinch of salt!

I think Skoda will want to sell a few facelifted fabias and Roomsters before unleashing their gem onto the public and also the prices for the Cupra and Polo GTI are not confirmed yet so I think we won't hear anything before these are announced! :(

I'm as anxious to know as you and with the Cooper S starting from £17,010, R/Sport Cup from £16,710 and the Ibiza Cupra ( @ 6th July 2009_ starting from£15995 ) it clearly is going to be in that order. Still have a gut feeling the vRS is going to start around £17k but we'll probably get a host of add-ons to make it more attractive ( including the paddles maybe?? )

I'm so excited about this car, it's going to be a little cracker, looking forward to unleashing my race blue metallic/black roof/silver wheels onto those roads! :)

Come on Skoda, get a move-on, sort it, put us out of our misery, get off yer backsides!! :rofl:

Edited by bingo765

Bingo765 you are a bit behind the times as Ibiza Cupra has been out for a while. Current price is approx £16,500 with Bocanegra approx £17,250.

When I went to the Geneva Motor Show and was able to have a good look at both vRS and the Polo GTI. Can't wait for them to arrive in UK. For the Swiss market, the pricing had already been announced and the vRS and Cupra where within 50 swiss france of each other at around 29,900 Swiss francs. Don't bother doing a currency conversion (approx 1.60 swiss francs = £1) it will only make your eyes water.

The Polo GTI was priced up as 31,200 Swiss Francs.

So I can't really see the vRS being very far of the Cupra price of £16,500. So that's my prediction anyway.

Edited by SwindonGTI

There was a good bit in Autocar, in their Geneva Motor Show review about technical differences between Polo GTI /Cupra and vRS. This contrasted with the fluff from tabloid Autoexpress, which had nothing new and only talked about flash Rallye Green paintwork. (Which I happen to like, along with Race Blue)

Edited by SwindonGTI

I heard from the man in the corner shop, who heard from his brothers 2nd cousins daughter twice removed, her best friend is married to a pilot, whos nephew is a landscape gardner at the Skoda design centre, he was speaking to a mouse that was in the building when they were discussing prices & the mouse heard that the price was.......

12,000 un chewed cornflakes packet tops

:rofl: :p :p :rofl:

I reckon it will be £16,890.

Sorry but that is ridiculous money considering the car is sitting on a 10 year old chassis. I'd either buy an Octavia VRS that's a few months old or get a Renault Clio RS Cup200 which offers so much more to the enthusiast for the money. The SEAT Ibiza Cupra is around that price and sits on the latest VW small car platform. I feared Skoda would be overly optomistic with the price with this. Kick me if you like but I don't think this car will take off to anywhere near the same levels as the original and I say that as an enthusiast with no bias who was seriously considering the new car if t was priced under £15K.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that it could have been priced at under £15k, older chassis or not.

The cheapest 5 door Polo with DSG is £14,260 and that's a mid spec model with the old tech NA 1.4 16v engine.

I would be surprised if the new car does match sales of the old one in the UK, where every 3rd Fabia you see seems to be a vRS but worlwide I'd expect it to be a greater success.

Hmm maybe but why saddle the car with an expensive DSG box as standard and not offer a cheaper manual which would be more to the tastes of enthusiastic drivers anyway? Also look at the Clio that I gave as an example: yes it is stripped out but is almost hand built at a dedicated factory and uses expensive components such as Brembo brakes etc. I think this car at this price IS too expensive: sorry Skoda:(

Hmm maybe but why saddle the car with an expensive DSG box as standard and not offer a cheaper manual which would be more to the tastes of enthusiastic drivers anyway? Also look at the Clio that I gave as an example: yes it is stripped out but is almost hand built at a dedicated factory and uses expensive components such as Brembo brakes etc. I think this car at this price IS too expensive: sorry Skoda:(

Matt - You trying to put me off the new model so that I will make a decent offer for yours when you come to sell it ? :p

If Mr Allams Skoda is here, can you answer this please - In MY12 all new cars must have DLR's ( day light runners) fitted as standard what is the official view from Skoda around this ( if you know )?

The more I look at the new vRS the more convinced I am that Skoda will shoot themselves in both feet with this model.

1) No optional manual box

2) No price announcement when the car is unvieled at the motorshow.

3) No optional Diesel like the Octavia

4) The option for either Fogs or DLR - Specially as they know it will be std on every model soon.

Edited by lfc958

Price of new Fabia vRS announced on Czech website today.

http://news.auto.cz/cesky-trh/skoda-fabia-combi-rs.html

However price is in Czech crowns and probably bears little relationship to the UK price. This might mean we are closer to a UK price.

For those wishing to get a fright, you can do the sums yourself!

Google's Language tools does a reasonable Czech to English translation.

Nice, but slow!

And lfc: read my many posts, a diesel is likely in the future, the engine "package" comes with a DSG box from VW, it's what the others have, it's the "big plan" from VW, so it has to have a DSG box.

It needs to be cheap. That's what was good about the first one. However, it really doesn't look that way!

Wow £17,600 plus £410 metallic paint + £355 different coloured roof. I think Skoda are trying to punch above their weight with this one.

We tend to pay less for our Skodas than they do in CZ now, the strong Czech crown and the weak pound are not helping Skoda's balance sheets and they have been pushing CZ to enter the Euro.