Facelift Fabia now arriving at UK dealers

I was at my local dealer the other day and they had just had a facelift Fabia delivered, still with the protective packaging inside and out and it was locked so didn't get a detailed look....

But the interior looked like a massive improvement to me. It was a mid spec SE model and I never liked the seat fabrics Skoda UK chose for the 'level 2' pre-facelift models. They've now changed those and the new dash dials, radio, and real chrome bits instead of silver plastic all add up to a much better looking product IMO.

Anyone else seen one/driven one yet?

I've seen one and it's only a mild facelift with a few redesigned touches inside. Nothing major and I certainly wouldn't pay a few thousand pounds to swap my pre fl for a fl model with same spec and engine.

Inside I noticed chrome surround for dials and gear knob, swiches for fan are like old shape fabia (mark one) and smaller rear built in rear headrests. Not a lot really, basically the same car. I prefer the headlights but pre fl lower bumper.

Interestingly I ordered a Fablia at the end of Feb, (just before the facelift) with the 1.4 PD engine. However I've just heard that my car has arrived but its actually the facelifted version with the 1.6 TDI CR 90 bhp (for the price I had agreed originally of course, not the new prices), so hopefully soon I'll get to find out for myself what its like! Seems I do alright out of it to me, the new engines look good and have even lower emissions.

Interestingly I ordered a Fablia at the end of Feb, (just before the facelift) with the 1.4 PD engine. However I've just heard that my car has arrived but its actually the facelifted version with the 1.6 TDI CR 90 bhp (for the price I had agreed originally of course, not the new prices), so hopefully soon I'll get to find out for myself what its like! Seems I do alright out of it to me, the new engines look good and have even lower emissions.

That's lucky! More power, better refinement, updated interior :thumbup:

To: Fabia55; the major changes to the facelift are that most of the engines have been replaced so I can see your point that it wouldn't be worth you changing as you have the only engine which hasn't been ditched! However, if you take the facelift as a whole (new engines, better interior & exterior I think it's a good step)

I wouldnt say its a better interior, just a different one. It seems a bit drab but slightly classier than the pre FL, in other words like a VW :giggle:

I would however love a DSG box with that TSI engine... not for a couple of years more though at least.

That's lucky! More power, better refinement, updated interior :thumbup:

To: Fabia55; the major changes to the facelift are that most of the engines have been replaced so I can see your point that it wouldn't be worth you changing as you have the only engine which hasn't been ditched! However, if you take the facelift as a whole (new engines, better interior & exterior I think it's a good step)

if i had to change car i'd probably go for the 1.2tsi or 1.6 tdi to make it worth while but then again it's still a lot of money for a few slightly redesigned touches and different engine.

I've notice that the 1.2 htp has the same power and torque at same revs but slightly lower co2 12grams less. what have they done and can i buy any new parts to make my 140g co2 lower

I've notice that the 1.2 htp has the same power and torque at same revs but slightly lower co2 12grams less. what have they done and can i buy any new parts to make my 140g co2 lower

I don't think it would be very easy as they have made some quite big mechanical changes to the engine:

", the reduction of friction and the adoption of lightweight construction also increase efficiency. For the 1.2 litre three cylinder engines a new, weight-reduced crankshaft has been developed, which is 1.7 kg lighter than its predecessor."

"A further development area was the reduction of the noise level of the two 1.2 HTP three-cylinder petrol engines. Instead of the normal sleeve-type camshaft chain, a toothed chain was chosen, whose three-part chain elements roll more smoothly and quietly on the gear wheels. This creates significantly reduced running noises, especially during the overrun operation of the three cylinder engines, mainly at higher revs, which were previously perceived as unpleasant. Sound levels through the most commonly used rev range, between 1,600 and 3,400 rpm are also clearly reduced."

Glad to see its still a chain rather than a belt wonder if the changes mean it doesnt sound as whiny around the 2.2k rpm mark. Think that the 1.2 tsi is probably going to be the best all round engine now, seen as diesels have dpf and the 105bhp is likely to be lighter than the 1.4 vrs.

Edited by Fabia00

We've had about 6 I think of the new FL models arrived so far and I like them, I particulary like the Elegance models, the dash feels and looks very nice and the wheels really suit the car.

Just got to wait for the vRS now!

We've had about 6 I think of the new FL models arrived so far and I like them, I particulary like the Elegance models, the dash feels and looks very nice and the wheels really suit the car.

Just got to wait for the vRS now!

I think the new FL version is much more attractive ,they are going to sell like hot cakes I'm sure!

Any idea when you expect the vRS to arrive?? :)

Edited by bingo765

I think public production will start in June, and we shall have them in late August but we will be told not to register them until Sept 1st.

I still think they will be £16,890 but never know, we still haven't been told what the exact spec is going to be. I reckon we will find out a bit more in the next 5 weeks.

I think public production will start in June, and we shall have them in late August but we will be told not to register them until Sept 1st.

I still think they will be £16,890 but never know, we still haven't been told what the exact spec is going to be. I reckon we will find out a bit more in the next 5 weeks.

So, does that mean you can order in June to receive your new vRS by September??

I should think so. As far as I know production has started in a limited run for press cars so unless they need to make some more changes prior to launch they can start production pretty soon, but I suspect as with all new Skodas at the moment delivery times will be fairly long and they will limit production of them initially.

So although nothing is official I'd expect to be able to order them at some point in June for showroom/stock and retail customers.

Just saw one in the dealer when I dropped mine off at the dealer. Llooked like an SE. Dashboard looks very close to VW in finish now and the seat

fabric is much better. Also the front end does look good in the flesh, the one I saw didn't have front fogs.

Looking forward to my new one arriving even though it is a few months away.

Has anyone else noticed that the sunroof option seems to have been deleted from the new Fabia? That would put me off getting one. My first Fabia didn't have a sunroof and I really missed it. I have a sunroof on my current Fabia and I think it transforms the car.

Has anyone else noticed that the sunroof option seems to have been deleted from the new Fabia? That would put me off getting one. My first Fabia didn't have a sunroof and I really missed it. I have a sunroof on my current Fabia and I think it transforms the car.

Electric sunroof (not available on S) Basic: £310.64 VAT:£54.36 Total: £365.00

(Second item on factory-fitted options)

I noticed that too, but the fabia sunroof option appears to have been removed from the Skoda website - as has the sunroof option on the Yeti and the panoramic sunroof on the Roomster.

I don't think the Acrobat download and the website are identical. I have seen other differences between them.

Local dealer finally has one in, so I got a look and a sit in it. It looks much better than pictures sometimes suggest. The one they have is a base S model, and it looked fine without the fogs. It also seems to sit lower than the pre-FL car, which is a good thing. The seats are slightly changed and are good.

It's nice, I like it. It looks like my choice is going to be between an SE and the Sport, depending how money works out.