yeti mpg

wakev

As a thought as a lot of us use either Fuelly or Spirit to record MPG etc, why don't we have a single thread that all we do is put the following information.

Thread 1 could be Petrol and Thread 2 could be Diesel.

Then split each thread by engine size and Gearbox.

Username Engine Gearbox Drive Model Fuelly/Spirit link

Once done this would give everyone instant access to the mpg that everyone is getting and it can be easily seen by engine, gearbox, make and model.

Then again a thread might not be the best way to do this?

Thoughts.

As a thought as a lot of us use either Fuelly or Spirit to record MPG etc, why don't we have a single thread that all we do is put the following information.

Thread 1 could be Petrol and Thread 2 could be Diesel.

Then split each thread by engine size and Gearbox.

Username Engine Gearbox Drive Model Fuelly/Spirit link

Once done this would give everyone instant access to the mpg that everyone is getting and it can be easily seen by engine, gearbox, make and model.

Then again a thread might not be the best way to do this?

Thoughts.

No need to be honest. If you click on my fuel consumption below (spiritmonitor) and then on the view similar cars or such like you will get fuel usage from the whole world for that engine/gearbox/car combination. You can also search via specific engines and cars. That is a much more representative figure than just the tiny Briskoda gene pool I think.

OR use the Honest John link someone else posted earlier for something similar.

"Spit it" Mike? :giggle: What is your Yeti spitting?!

I was spiting as my daughter came up to my office and interrupted me emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif. I suppose I do need to spend time with them........It isn't often she will come up and see me in my office. (it's not often I see her as she works even weirder hours than me emoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

Wonderful 20 year old daughter's emoticon-0136-giggle.gif. Where would I be without them, apart from much, much richer emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif.

previous post edited.

• 2 months later...

Saw a reported 70mpg on a 55mph run from Leeds last week. Almost the whole distance done on cruise. Often get high 60 s when cruising at around 60mph. A bit slow but sometimes that's ok.

(110 Elegance diesel)

my range yesterday was 535 miles'..as for oil, its been filled from empty( light flashing on dash!!) 3 times now in 8000 miles...told them it will be going thru the showroom windows if it needs filling [email protected] in as per manual and had loads of new cars/bikes and never had any problems with oil apart from a gpz600r in the mid 80's!!.....apart from the oil problem, white badges, and paint blistering on rear arches...i love the car!

I have a Fabia that uses lots of oil, the dealer now gives me oil for free, it is being booked in for diagnostics and a 300 mile mixed drive, if oil consumption iOS high they will sort out on warranty for me, ask your dealer if they will do the same.

Good luck.

As for my Yeti, I average 42 mpg, this is off the maxi dot from when the car was new in August 2011, the car has down 32,000 miles up to now, oil usage is minimal.

However if I drive steady, sit in with the trucks on the motorway, short shift and try and judge the roundabouts so no braking I have seen the trip as high as 60+mpg, picture below was off a steady run to Bradford from St Helens in the 50mph average cameras, you can see it is good mpg.

6917689268_0d413f3014_b.jpg

Llanigraham is spot on when he says that this thread - interesting as it is - is attempting to compare the incomparable, so to speak. Each one of us drives differently in a range of different conditions. I have recently completed a 2500 mile round trip to the south of France: I averaged about 46mpg overall, which is not bad given that I was pushing the SM along at 130kph on autoroutes for a lot of the time. When I go to our 'local' supermarket (a 35 mile round trip on mostly country backroads) I easily get 51 mpg: and when I go to our 'local' railway station (a 55 mile round trip on mostly A roads, mostly speed limited to 50mph or below) I easily get 55+ mpg. In the 16,000 miles I have so far covered in the SM, my cumulative overall mpg is around 48, which I am quite happy with. Bear in mind these are all maxidot figures, and so may well be 10% optimistic!

Once again I have seen my MPG plummet with the temperatures!

March was great and my mpg was back up to 43ish, but now, in freezing April, it is back down to 39ish!

Hopefully, later this week [and stuff the 7 degree stuff] it'll be back up again when I get my lovely new Dunlop SPs on again in the optimistic thought that we might see some summer. Remember summer?

I don't remember winter either :lol:

I'm still on my winter tyres. Too busy to change them at the moment. Not sure when work will let up enough to let me change them. Been so busy since I put them on, that I never managed to clean the summers, so never put them away properly!!!!

I'll probably put the 'official' spare wheel back in as well with the false floor.

My overall mpg is improving, because I am spending less time around South London now and a bit more time going further afield, which benefits the mpg big time.

I do tend to drive at 60 on the motorways as it makes a huge difference, 50mpg plus as opposed to low 40's at 70.

With fuel costing everybody so much I am surprised more people aren't driving slower to save money...... If they drive fast they have to pay for it and also hive the government more money because they use more fuel.......

I thought there was a recession out there......people really are lemmings when it comes to their cars.....just last week with the threat of a tanker strike.... It was a joke around here.

:wonder:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cruised along at 60mph and enjoyed the M25 traffic jam yesterday on the way back from work at a client, mainly A roads Motorway and country roads - saw an indicated 72.3mpg on the Maxidot following the downhill coast to home for the last 1/2 a mile...

21,000 miles on the clock and averaging 53mpg overall. Even if you allow the optimistic maxidot, I usually average mid to late 50's on longer runs, which is more impressive when you take into account there is usually 2 adults 3 kids aged 9,12 and 14 and of course the (large) dogs in the boot. I have to say I hate sitting behind say a truck at 60mph, and do drive rather briskly where possible. In my experience Skoda's consumption figures are pretty accurate for the 110 TDi.

interesting to read about the yeti mpg,just how accurate do you think the computer is????

My speedo underreads by about 6-7km/h at 100km.h according to TomTom. So I would expect the fuel consumption to be a little optimistic.

Not sure about how the fuel gauge works, as for most of the time, trip computer seems to report a range of about 800-850km (trip zeroed for tank full + range to go) until the fuel gauge is in the red zone then the computer seems to knock off about 80-100km in range. First fill only got 52L in 60L tank. (I routinely get 52L in Polo 9N3 45L tank with ventectomy.)

Also noticed that the computer seems to report lower average fuel consumption (10%) driving to/from work 26km if I am heavy on the throttle compared to lighter on the throttle (been running in and getting off/on motorway ramps to give the engine/turbo a bit of a spin). Wondering if that has to do with TDI being more efficient with more boost?? Chipped TDI specs seem to also report lower fuel consumption despite more power + torque.

44 to 50 tends to be the norm for the Pat-Monster on the run to work. This being predominately rural A roads with a long gentle assent to the top of the Wolds and a fairly steep drop back down at Garrowby Hill.

Recently took her down to the Swindon area for a couple of days, so a fair bit on the motorway, recording around the 48 mark. Worst MPG for the trip being 42 while driving from Swindon to Bovington Tank Museum; quite a few twisting lanes and associated gear changes. This route also proved interesting as it was the first time I noticed this bouncy jiggly ride some have mentioned but the road was far from flat.

Is is possible that your slightly higher profile tyres are responsible for the jiggling (so to speak:-))?

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

After 2000km, it is clear the computer is lying.

Total fuel consumption over total distance to date 8.0L/100km (35mpg). Computer's total automatic trip memory (memory 2) reports average 7.2L/100km (39mpg).

Edited by blouis79

After 2000km, it is clear the computer is lying.

Total fuel consumption over total distance to date 8.0L/100km (35mpg). Computer's total automatic trip memory (memory 2) reports average 7.2L/100km (39mpg).

Whether or not you are right, I think that the trip computer will be less accurate over that sort of distance travelled, blouis, something to do with the system of calculation. I reset the trip computer with each fill and log the results in a spreadsheet (although I have an account with Spritmonitor.de now to do the same).

Of course I don't have a Yeti yet; I'm using my experience with various motors, from Saab 9000, through a Golf GTI, various Mercs and 2 BMWs.

Chris

I had an explanation this weekend as to why the Maxidot fuel consumption is "out", and it is very simple ............

Instead of using 4.54 ltrs to the gallon, they use 5!!

We did a little conversion and lo-and-behold it seems to account for it!!

• 1 month later...

I had an explanation this weekend as to why the Maxidot fuel consumption is "out", and it is very simple ............

Surely just an oversight on their part...........yeah right!

Thats about right, approx. 10%.

Just travelled to Oban from Carlisle - 190 miles. I reduced my speed from 70mph to 65mph with cruise control on the 110 miles dual carriageway ( would only make about 6 minutes difference) and drove with the traffic on the A roads - quite busy and some holdups. Did a brim to brim calculation. The computer reckoned 53mpg. In reality 47.2mpg - which I was pleased with.

• 1 month later...