Harrogate Arms Meet - May Bank Holiday Monday 2010 - With Piccies!

willskoda

Ok, I'm going to stick my head on the line here and suggest the time/location for the next Bradford meet. My suggestion is that we meet at the George and Dragon Apperley Bridge at say 1330 on Monday 31st May. Once we've all met up we head off to the Harrogate Arms, via Leathley/Beckwithshaw so we get to see some countryside and have our meet. The car park looks large so hopefully we'll all get in ok. Of course being that we're going to Harrogate the invite is open to all those who live that side of the county to meet us there - the AA says it's a half hour drive to the HA so we should be there around 2ish.

I wont be upset if people don't like this idea, so we can always change it or the times if it doesn't suit etc but I thought I'd have a go so - who's up for it??

EDIT - NEW TIME

Edited by willskoda

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me two , and a donkey ride for sausage :giggle: crap at all this 123 lark someone ie simbo will have to do it for me !

Edited by bluvrs2

Cant paste waiting for the paint to dry, and if someone doesn't tell you how are you to know, or did you come out of the womb knowing everything, first time I used a computer was when i joined in February , is that OK for a riposte ? :giggle:

Cant paste waiting for the paint to dry, and if someone doesn't tell you how are you to know, or did you come out of the womb knowing everything, first time I used a computer was when i joined in February , is that OK for a riposte ? :giggle:

Not bad - but not as good as this one

catherina_zeta_jones_legend_of_zorro.jpg

Edited by Brimma

You lot are useless...Thank God its not a brewery trip!!

Heres the copy n paste bit for you Alan:

Exact route and destination still to be discussed and finalised

1. willskoda

2. samuir1974

3. Mr Roll

4. Simbo

5. chrisrs...not coming..sorry

6. bluvrs2

.....and a donkey ride for sausage :giggle:

Are you trying to kill the f*cking donkey?

Sausage, if you're up for an earlier meet & a Brisky drive - let's meet up with these guys in Harrogate at 4pm?11am at the George (the car park will be dead anyway), head out to Skipton > Settle > Stainforth > Halton Gill > Kilnsey > Grassington > Pately Bridge > Summerbridge > Menwith Hill > Harrogate ArmsNow that's a Brisky drive!! :D ...grab a butty / ice cream en-route & arrive at the Harrogate Arms in time for tea! Maybe see if we can pick up some Northern Brisky folk along the way & any southerners can tag along at the early/late meet??Anyone up for that? B)

I'll check with SWMBO to see if I can make a day of it but should be ok me thinks :thumbup:

If any of you lot are interested, Simbo has chucked together a run out which should take a few hours with a stop for ice cream/butty etc.....ending in a meet with the rest of the West Yorkshire brisky massive either at Apperly Bridge or Harrogate dependant on what time we get back.

Clicky for google map of Simbo's run out for Banky Monday

Could be a nice drive if the weather isn't too crappy :D

Sausage, if you're up for an earlier meet & a Brisky drive - let's meet up with these guys in Harrogate at 4pm?

11am at the George (the car park will be dead anyway), head out to Skipton > Settle > Stainforth > Halton Gill > Kilnsey > Grassington > Pately Bridge > Summerbridge > Menwith Hill > Harrogate Arms

Now that's a Brisky drive!! :D

...grab a butty / ice cream en-route & arrive at the Harrogate Arms in time for tea! Maybe see if we can pick up some Northern Brisky folk along the way & any southerners can tag along at the early/late meet??

Anyone up for that? B)

I will be up for that, depending if I'm working or not

I will be up for that, depending if I'm working or not

Name on the list then Chris smiley-channel.de_finger027.gif

1. willskoda

2. samuir1974

3. Mr Roll

4. Simbo

5. chrisrs...not coming..sorry

6. bluvrs2

7. chrisw880 (work dependant)

Ooooh Simbo has planned a rally course, erm, I mean scenic drive.

Have you done a couple of laps, I mean a test drive to see if 98miles = 3h14mins.

As for the weather, surely on a Bank Holiday we want it to be lashing down, then the roads will be empty!

Plus the rain cleans the car too.

I need to check with my diary secretary ...

I think we should shorten it a bit, not all of us work 9 to 5 and have weekends off , it will have been a week since i will have seen my wife, maybe on return go straight from Skipton to Harrogate? :thumbup:

Sadly I just can't afford to go for a long drive before hand - however, what I would say is that perhaps we should meet at the HA at 1600hrs and make our way there by whatever means you wish - if that includes meeting others at an agreed time/place and going for a drive then let it be so (wish I could join you, the tour looks good :thumbup: ) If you all agree to make it a slighter shorter journey etc then all good. I'll be still be going via Leathley/Beckwithshaw as a bit of treat for myself :yes: .

Smog monster - get your lot over to us on the day if you can, would be good to meet more peeps

Auric - Bradley is on lates on the 31st :doh: But I'll bug him about when he gets back from his hols

I was originally going to put the poll on here but didn't press the right button, so now you can tick your choice... if you have trouple copying and pasting that is... :p

The poll is merely a count of who is going to be at the destination pub. :thumbup:

Edit - Hmm, seem to have made a mistake with the poll - I can't see who's voted! Doh!

Edited by willskoda

Okee I'll open a new thread for a Bank Holiday Brisky drive out...

...& we'll see you guys at the pub in Harrogate at 4pm~ish! :thumbup:

Sounds good to me Simbo

I may be able to pop in on this. I'm in Scotland on a road trip and this could be on the way back down :giggle:

Obviously all depends on other things like the other lads i'm with etc..

I may be able to pop in on this. I'm in Scotland on a road trip and this could be on the way back down :giggle:

Obviously all depends on other things like the other lads i'm with etc..

Would be good to see you again Phil :thumbup: Get yourself there for one B)