Octavia LED tail lights

Should have asked me mate I could have given you links to LED SMD bulbs that slot in and work ( I have them in my car )

Would have cost you about £30 for 2 cars worth.

A picture if you'd be kind enough.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would I want LED rear lamps and LED internal lamps? What is wrong with original stuff?

Not only are they brighter but they are a nicer colour:

Here's a pic as i changed the outside reading lights to LED and left the main light. (now changed also)

DSC03218.jpg

Are your sidelights on as standard? do you have a vRS with DRL's or did you wire up the sidelights yourself?

Break Elegance Pack 1.6 TDI CR

Sidelights are 2 led SMD CAN-BUS

Interior are 2 T10 SMD and 36/39mm tubolar SMD( one should be CAN-BUS, if you let the lights go off they all do, if you close the car with the remote they come one judt a tiny glow, put one tubolar CAN-BUS and resolved the situation.)

Plate lights 36mm SMD CAN-BUS (their are lamps can-bus with a small heat dissiper on back, donnot but them they get really,really hot. Always SMD leds)

Mirror single led T10 SMD

1009493.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1009501x.jpg

1009450.jpg

Wondering if the alarm will still go off with LEDs running at a much reduced wattage.

As the interior lights don't ever need to be auto enabled, using LEDs can't possibly affect the alarm. Also, following your theory, if an (oem) interior light was to blow then that would mean the alarm also failed. :S

Carl, does putting LED bulbs in the interior lights affect the operation of the alarm? Does the alarm work on a voltage drop, or is it triggered by the CANBUS when the door is opened?

Wondering if the alarm will still go off with LEDs running at a much reduced wattage.

Thanks

Mike

The alarm can indeed be set off by leaving an interior light on (something i found out last week on SWMBO's MK5 Golf), not sure if it is also triggered by the door micro switches as well?

Carl, does putting LED bulbs in the interior lights affect the operation of the alarm? Does the alarm work on a voltage drop, or is it triggered by the CANBUS when the door is opened?

Thanks

Mike

The alarm works fine on both my cars with LED interior lights :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Hello, i am a new member of this forum . I saw that some of you are interested in buying LED taillights for Octavia Liomusine. Is there still any interest?

Depends on the price and how they look.

how they look you can see here http://www.skodacommunity.de/skoda-forum/skoda-octavia-ii-forum/57384-led-rueckleuchten-skoda-octavia-1z/index5.html or also here http://mlc-tuning.jimdo.com . On the first link are some pictures to see from my test here in Greece.the price per set is Euro 220.You have 2 years guarantee and if one damage,for example if you ave an accident, you can order also only one half price.

These LED Taillights are also available in Smoke and Chrystall.

Edited by Lambro

Genuine OEM Skoda is the only way to go.

LED tail lights are fitted to a Far Eastern version of the Octavia.

A lot of the patent versions do not have the vertical strip of LED's that form the traditional Skoda "C" shape.

I am surprised no one in the UK has managed to find and fit some by now...

OctaviaLEDTailLights.jpg

Edited by silver1011

That's right. But the taillights i sell are having the original "C" shape. You can see that on the pics in the link from skodacommunity further up. The only problem we had when we tested them here was,that the 6 LEDs vertical were not lightning. This problem we solved and now all LEDs are lightning.

And for the Skoda SUPERB Combi??? :thumbup:

Yes,also for the Superb Combi.But still right now i can't tell you when they will be available. The only thing i can say is,that we are in the process of this project.

Edited by Lambro

• 6 months later...