Front Lower Chrome Grill

drbig

I like the look of the chrome grill. When our Yeti finally arrives (3 weeks?) I won't be modifying as it's a lease :(

Finally seen one in Newcastle area, in my rear view mirror driving behind me on a large roundabout, possibly grey or Aqua blue? They are elusive - but out there!

Has anyone gone for the exhaust trims ?

I ordered them for my 1.2, but the dealer advised the exhaust needed cutting to fit, so bottled out.

On one of the gold forums someone has fitted these to their Mk6 and ignored the fitting advice - they just slid straight on.

I ordered them for my 1.2, but the dealer advised the exhaust needed cutting to fit, so bottled out.

On one of the gold forums someone has fitted these to their Mk6 and ignored the fitting advice - they just slid straight on.

The exhaust trims are fitted as standard on the elegance model

The dealer fitted the chrome trims to my 1.2 Elegance. The Skoda accessory instruction that came with the trims requires cutting off the end-angle section (approx 50mm) from the actual exhaust pipes first so you are left with a straight end to the exhaust pipe. The trim`s are then fitted to the pipe section using some flat spring clips that fit between the pipe and chrome trims so are not visible. I think the pipe needs to be cut so the trims do not stick out too much at the rear and also the spring clips supplied would not hold the trim at the bottom of the pipe where there would be no metal due to the original angle on the exhaust. Hope this makes sense

Regards, Del

Better than the wood trim but still a no from me. I just can't see the point of turning a Yeti into an X Type

Just my opinion and it's a free World.

This is how it looks. In my opinion, it is elegant, not race oriented. Also note that they make the exhaust slightly shorter.

65815861.jpg

I did the mod me self (used an iron saw and a Dremel).

Cutting is obligatory. No way to install without cutting the ends.

Photo of latest addon

Before

4644393974_88d99944d6.jpg

After

4644360350_0e1e14f5d9.jpg

Blah! Have to say - Bling 'orrible? Sorry.

Yeti, IMHO, is not a 'bling' type vehicle - who will be the first to do a colour coded radiator grille?

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if anyone has seen chrome inserts for the upper grill? I don't want a totally chrome look, but just possibly 10 or so pieces of chrome strip to go between the dip on each of the vertical plastic bits (a little like the Tiguans)

Just wondering if anyone has seen chrome inserts for the upper grill? I don't want a totally chrome look, but just possibly 10 or so pieces of chrome strip to go between the dip on each of the vertical plastic bits (a little like the Tiguans)

It's as easy as going to Halfords and buying 3 meters of this Chrome trim and sticking it to the grill. Job done.