Dettol no-touch handwash system: The most stupid, patronising, scaremongering, oppostunist advert

roo

New Dettol advert (could not find it on yoo toobe to embed)

I saw this advert for this pointless device and thought how stupid do they think people are?

Surely I am not the only one who see the massive flaw in the advert where you push down on the horrible, germy, disease ridden, plague inducing, swine flue causing soap pump to get some soap...........

........and then you proceed to wash your hands so that they are nice and clean and germ free.

If there are people so stupid that they fall for this, then the human race is doomed.

Edited by roo

Just helping it all to build up an imunity to all this disinfectant stuff anyway(some things I can understand, but the adverts are overkill some of the things they go on about). Then who'll be laughing? Not the ones you spray everything with Dettol!

New Dettol advert (could not find it on yoo toobe to embed)

I saw this advert for this pointless device and thought how stupid do they think people are?

Surely I am not the only one who see the massive flaw in the advert where you push down on the horrible, germy, disease ridden, plague inducing, swine flue causing soap pump to get some soap...........

........and then you proceed to wash your hands so that they are nice and clean and germ free.

If there are people so stupid that they fall for this, then the human race is doomed.

+1 from me :thumbup: :thumbup:

Plus...

Mankie hands with touch free soap applied turn on tap to wash off.

Clean hand then turns off water with now mankie tap.

At work we have normal touch to dispense soap but hands free water. Makes more sense but still stupid.

How did cavemen cope without dettol?

How did cavemen cope without dettol?

They generally died in their late twenties/early thirties from bacterial infections, That or Sabre toothed cat attacks.emoticon-0103-cool.gif

The latter was more of a concern to them though!emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

There was a similar thread to this on Money saving expert, and I was going along with it -until two people said that they thought it was a great idea,as they had relatives with limited use of their hands who couldn't work normal soap pumps and would find it useful.

So maybe right product, wrong market.

Phil

Or what about the Dettol advert that says it is good for allergies and getting rid of pollen etc? As pointed out by an article which rated the various products for hayfever etc - these allergies aren't caused by bacteria, just dust and pollen which can removed just as effectively with a damp cloth!

We've got an upmarket version of this bull**** concept in our kitchen...

simple-human-soap.jpg

I hate it. Pontless, battery munching tat.

We've got one of those also In our kitchen :giggle:

Like that dishwasher soap dispenser that was advertised a few months ago - you stick this canister in the dishwasher (taking up a space) that automatically dispenses some dishwasher soap when it is mid-cycle.

How difficult is it to put a dishwasher tab in each time?