Coilover Problems!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Helper spring is indeed to stop the main spring coming adrift when the suspension leg/strut is relaxed, Coilovers have shortend springs & can suffer with the issue on severe rebound Etc, People have found out the Hard way, This was not so much of an issue on track/race cars but for road use on that Hump backed bridge you just jumped :D it could be disasterous :giggle:

I have AP Coilovers fitted, With Helpers on the bottom, I have no knocks but suffer with the Ping / Clong noise when turning tightly at low speed as the leg/spring starts to rotate. Not sure on the drop but it is a damn sight lower than standard :D

Dean

post-39514-12789662844165_thumb.jpg

Back on topic.....

If your having problems with the AP/Weitec/KW suspension send Alan the UK sales/tec manager an email, he is a top bloke spoke to him a few times - [email protected] emoticon-0105-wink.gif

what has been said to Alan then mate? and has he come up with any possible solutions in your experience? emoticon-0148-yes.gif

dont you just love trying to describe a noise on a forum emoticon-0140-rofl.gif ...

I thought that was quite a good description :D I have suffered with the Ping / Clong Noise on all the coilovers i have ever had ..... & that has been quite a few so far ;)

Dean

* edit refering to juego's last post * lol even then its still not the same as being in the car emoticon-0136-giggle.gif .... mine makes a [wait for it....] slight ''clink,clunk'' at low speeds emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Edited by MarkMac

My Fabia's my first car ever with coil overs, rest has just been springs or shocks and springs

But i knew from the off springs don't drop a Fabia as low as i like my cars so it had to be coilovers

My Fabia's my first car ever with coil overs, rest has just been springs or shocks and springs

But i knew from the off springs don't drop a Fabia as low as i like my cars so it had to be coilovers

exactly the same here mate, still love the coilies even with the slight noises, emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Yep I'm the same. Love my coilovers, couldn't be without them now tbh. Handling is brilliant and even though it's not exactly comfy it's still one of the best mods I've done

Yep I'm the same. Love my coilovers, couldn't be without them now tbh. Handling is brilliant and even though it's not exactly comfy it's still one of the best mods I've done

agreed, much more fun and far better looking than oe! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Back on topic.....

If your having problems with the AP/Weitec/KW suspension send Alan the UK sales/tec manager an email, he is a top bloke spoke to him a few times - [email protected] ;)

Any joy with suspension problems in the past - ie similar to ours?

Back on topic.....

If your having problems with the AP/Weitec/KW suspension send Alan the UK sales/tec manager an email, he is a top bloke spoke to him a few times - [email protected] ;)

Im having a 'Discussion' with [email protected] if i dont get anywhere with him tomorrow i will send Alan a mail....... or even cc... him in :smirk:

i think we have boiled this down to the lack of helper spring....... whats the odds i can get them to send me 2? :cool:

Screw this coilover lark. Sounds like you all have a gripe

of some sort with them...

Seems more trouble than it's worth to me.

4 page thread of complainants in one day :o Holy cow!!

I'll be going for springs and shocks when I drop mine. :yes:

Screw this coilover lark. Sounds like you all have a gripe

of some sort with them...

Seems more trouble than it's worth to me.

4 page thread of complainants in one day :o Holy cow!!

I'll be going for springs and shocks when I drop mine. :yes:

Girl :peek: yea i said it! :rock:

You'll regret that decision lol, springs and shocks don't drop a fabia that well IMO

I'm looking for firmness NOT lowness mate, there's more to life than scraping the tarmac LOL

Girl :peek: yea i said it! :rock:

Fancy a drag race nancy boy... Yeah I said it.... :D