fl vrs seat problem

hi all seems my vrs 2010 drivers seat side bolster has clapsed or the padding has moved, is this a repair or complete new seat,does the seat covering unclip or is it a job for the garage.car has only covered 3000 miles but still a joy to drive

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all seems my vrs 2010 drivers seat side bolster has clapsed or the padding has moved, is this a repair or complete new seat,does the seat covering unclip or is it a job for the garage.car has only covered 3000 miles but still a joy to drive

is it like this??

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/169012-octavia-seat-broken/

mines the same, I will get it sorted as soon as I can be bothered to drive to the garage

I dont know if its moved or just isnt there?!

excat same side of the drivers seat...wierd (mines full leather as well so not sure if it would have been assembled in the same place?)

Edited by FTM

I'll tell you when I know. Car booked in for next week.

sorry thought it had been done mine going in on saturday morning so they can have a look,will update on saturday

My driver's seat has the same problem. A month or so and it'll need it's first service, item number 4 for warranty work list.

Edited by Pedd

• 2 weeks later...

My driver's seat has the same problem. A month or so and it'll need it's first service, item number 4 for warranty work list.

UPDATE

Parks Skoda Hamilton reckon it's not a warranty issue, they say it's wear caused by the way I get out of the car. I am 12 stone, not 20 stone. The car is not even 6 mths old. 9000 miles on clock. I cannot believe this, they say they phoned skoda UK and they have advised them that it wouldn't be covered. I would point out though that they did not strip the seat down.

I am astonished. If i bought a sofa from IKEA and it folded in on itself after 6 mths, there would be no argements. It would be replaced without question. How is this any different?

Where can I go from here?

Does the handbook tell you about the approved way to get in and out of the car that doesn't break the seat? If not I don't think they have a leg to stand on, its not fit for purpose and they should fix it.

Edited by juan27

Mine is the same. It looks like the side bolster has slipper or collapsed or something? Weird.

I'm going to take it to the dealer tomorrow to get an opinion.

I will not be happy if they try to claim "wear and tear" the car's only 6 months old ffs!

Evan, might be worth giving Henry's Skoda in Glasgow a call, i phoned them once and they were extremely helpful.

0141 552 9000

To my mind that's definitely a warranty failure. Hope you get it fixed :thumbup:

sorry guys been busy, took car in on saturday morning to telfords carlisle they said right from the start it was warranty work,they took some photos of the seat to send to skoda uk and have order a new side bolster.fitter said the seat would be removed then split in half to fit the new side,he said he had done this before with cloth seats but was first time he had seen this on a vrs.said they would call when bolster arrived and had been checked,hope this helps

UPDATE

Parks Skoda Hamilton reckon it's not a warranty issue, they say it's wear caused by the way I get out of the car. I am 12 stone, not 20 stone. The car is not even 6 mths old. 9000 miles on clock. I cannot believe this, they say they phoned skoda UK and they have advised them that it wouldn't be covered. I would point out though that they did not strip the seat down.

I am astonished. If i bought a sofa from IKEA and it folded in on itself after 6 mths, there would be no argements. It would be replaced without question. How is this any different?

who did u speak to mate? was it gordon the service manager??

If it was he is a tool. My passenger door handle collapsed inside the door and they said it wasn't warranty. it had been broken into. Pish and they know it. and i had to pay them £160 to get the job done. My warranty runs out in december and will be taking it too henry's in glasgow for the final check before warranty runs out.

sorry guys been busy, took car in on saturday morning to telfords carlisle they said right from the start it was warranty work,they took some photos of the seat to send to skoda uk and have order a new side bolster.fitter said the seat would be removed then split in half to fit the new side,he said he had done this before with cloth seats but was first time he had seen this on a vrs.said they would call when bolster arrived and had been checked,hope this helps

was it the same problem as my link points to further up the thread. i.e. the upright part of the seat rather than the bit you sit on?

Either way, that is encouraging.

I'll try another dealer.

Most irritating.

Edited by evan15281

was it the same problem as my link points to further up the thread. i.e. the upright part of the seat rather than the bit you sit on?

Either way, that is encouraging.

I'll try another dealer.

Most irritating.

just the same as the photos side of seat collapsed

who did u speak to mate? was it gordon the service manager??

If it was he is a tool. My passenger door handle collapsed inside the door and they said it wasn't warranty. it had been broken into. Pish and they know it. and i had to pay them £160 to get the job done. My warranty runs out in december and will be taking it too henry's in glasgow for the final check before warranty runs out.

it was a guy called David. Who just kept saying "my hands are tied".

I don't even think they stripped the seat down to see what the problem was - I told them no way was I paying for the labour if they then decided it wasn't a warranty job and then I was left with a half destroyed seat.

it's a goddamn 10-plate FFS! quite aside from this, there is also a safety issue as the side airbag is in there so maybe I'll play that card.

Edited by evan15281

it was a guy called David. Who just kept saying "my hands are tied".

I don't even think they stripped the seat down to see what the problem was - I told them no way was I paying for the labour if they then decided it wasn't a warranty job and then I was left with a half destroyed seat.

it's a goddamn 10-plate FFS! quite aside from this, there is also a safety issue as the side airbag is in there so maybe I'll play that card.

If it were me mate i would go to a lawyer and check up on trade law and mention that u spoke to David and tell him/her what he said.I would also be taking a wee run back down there and asking to speak to the manager ie the guy at the top, not the monkey the organ grinder, and kicking up ****. And while your there lay it on thick that if u are in an accident and the airbag fails to deploy then u are suing there arses as they failed to carry out reasonable care and attention to the customer by not replenishing or replacing a faulty product they sold. They know it is a warranty job but are reluctant to take up the workshop space to accomodate a warranty job. They want cash and want it now. Thats the way parks of hamilton work mate.

Check up on it as i would go to hell and back to prove it is a warranty job. ****ers that they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it were me mate i would go to a lawyer and check up on trade law and mention that u spoke to David and tell him/her what he said.I would also be taking a wee run back down there and asking to speak to the manager ie the guy at the top, not the monkey the organ grinder, and kicking up ****. And while your there lay it on thick that if u are in an accident and the airbag fails to deploy then u are suing there arses as they failed to carry out reasonable care and attention to the customer by not replenishing or replacing a faulty product they sold. They know it is a warranty job but are reluctant to take up the workshop space to accomodate a warranty job. They want cash and want it now. Thats the way parks of hamilton work mate.

Check up on it as i would go to hell and back to prove it is a warranty job. ****ers that they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to say, this is Parks of Hamilton for you. Can I ask, where did you buy your car from??. If its not from Parks they dont want to know. All I can say is try Ingrams of Ayr I found them very good.

I am sorry to say, this is Parks of Hamilton for you. Can I ask, where did you buy your car from??. If its not from Parks they dont want to know. All I can say is try Ingrams of Ayr I found them very good.

Got the car from Ingrams Ayr but it's a bit of a trek, so will try Henry's in Glasgow first.

Looking at the warranty, it excludes seat covers as a wear and tear issue but clearly this isn't a wear issue, something has broken.

It also says in the handbook that any damage to the seat part that houses the side airbag should be repaired without delay, so I am astonished that they reckon it's not a warranty job.

the more I think about it, the more I think that they just didn't fancy doing the work and were trying to fob me off.

Any of you other guys had this issue fixed yet?

You really need to go back to your supplying dealer and use SOGA not the warranty. If you go anywhere else its gonna be skoda this and that. Go to supplier, state the car is not of resonable quality and durable and you would like a repair under SOGA. Deal with the dealer and not Skoda, if they say they need to authorise it tell them you are using SOGA not warranty and its between you and the dealer. I'm sure your get a better response.

Good luck.

I've got this problem too. Have contacted dealer today.