Subsystem 5 - Part No: 1Z0 951 171

Component: Innenraumueberw.008 4801

Coding: 00000000

Shop #: WSC 00000

Part No: 1K0 951 605 C

Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301

Component: NGS n.mounted

No fault code found.

Looks like a MIN on mine as well. There were a lot of changes on the 2007MY.

Did Mike ever locate a MAX Central Convenience unit?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There we go then. Seems to support that line of thinking.

No, don't think he's found one. At least that says that you'd probably need one from an MY07 onwards L&K....

Just need a few more owners to scan really. An MY06, 07 & 08 ideally.

Will work regardless of ignition state Andy.

That can't be right can it? If that were the case you wouldn't be able to drive in the rain with the window open or would stop at a toll booth and get your arm trapped when the window closes. Or maybe sitting in car, windows open having a sandwich and listening to the radio; stick arm out of window to see if it is raining and oops! trapped again :o

No! For safety's sake they have to assume the car is in an unoccupied state before auto closing the windows. Yes I know about the pressure sensor thingy but there is a lot of pressure on a kiddy's arm before it stops - and if kiddy's head is through the sunroof?!?

I have had working rain closure on a MY2006 Elegance and my current MY2010 Elegance. In both cases the rain closing only works with ignition off, key out, car locked and you have to wait a minute or 2 for the alarm to arm itself. So if you are testing your VCDS mods without doing the above then maybe that is why you are having problems.

Sorry, perhaps that was a confusing response.

What I was meaning is that the sensor will operate when the ignition is NOT on. Not that it will work when the car is in use!

So if the car is sat parked up and locked, and it starts raining - the windows will automatically close.

Don't suppose you have a VAG-COM/VCDS scan file available from this car do you?

Sorry! Long gone!

But if it helps my bro-in-law (who switched me to Skoda!) had a 54 reg Elegance with sunroof - that had rain closing too. One of the many things he showed me to successfully convince me that an 06 Octy Elegance was a far better buy than an 05 Passat S for the same money. I also know that, like me, he didn't have to have any mods or updates done to get it to work - it just worked straight from the showroom.

BTW Both the 54 reg and my 06 reg were non-maxidot. My MY2010 has maxidot and has rain closing checked - can't remember if it was supplied checked or if I had to do it.

Car must be lock, global closing on for all windows, rain closure ticked and obviously, the car must have rain/light sensors!

...and there's more to it than that. Hence the discussion over Central Convenience module versions and label files. As myself and Mike have the appropriated coding in place, but the rain auto-close function doesn't work.

Sorry! Long gone!

But if it helps my bro-in-law (who switched me to Skoda!) had a 54 reg Elegance with sunroof - that had rain closing too.

Cheers. That's interesting. Wonder if the sunroof inclusion is relevant here; what we really need to see from that car is a VCDS scan file, to be sure :thumbup:

Cheers. That's interesting. Wonder if the sunroof inclusion is relevant here; what we really need to see from that car is a VCDS scan file, to be sure :thumbup:

Or maybe it is to do with all those coding options about closing the sunroof etc. which seem to be randomly selected as default even though I don't have a sunroof.

The waiting a couple of minutes for the alarm might have something to do with it as well - as I had left the windows slightly down I had pressed the remote twice to deactivate the alarm so that the interior sensors didn't trigger.

I will have another play tomorrow and see what happens. I have to turn off the scandinavian DRLs with foglights activated as it looks stupid with the sidelights and foglights on in the day! Worth a try, just wanted to see what happened :-)

There are some daft lighting options available, that's for sure!

Wish that one could be swapped to something like allowing fogs option as CH/LH on pre-FLs instead. The lack of that option annoys me.

There we go then. Seems to support that line of thinking.

No, don't think he's found one. At least that says that you'd probably need one from an MY07 onwards L&K....

Just need a few more owners to scan really. An MY06, 07 & 08 ideally.

Only a MAX controller supports Rain Closing, apart from the the CCM the rain sensor needs to be coded for rain closing. And in the CCM it needs to be set to permanent or you will have to switch it on in the maxidot everytime you lock the car.

Also leave the car for a few minutes before pouring water on it

just to show it in action on my car

http://www.youtube.com/user/EddieUKNL?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/BYrtuXk2uXM

I have a Scout 1.8TSI May 2010.Rain close for windows did not work , I used VCDS to tick the box in long code (windows close with rain) and it now works OK no matter what position switches are in.

1)Close doors open windows with remote, or just leave any one open open before closing door

2)lock with remote, and wait a couple of minutes.,

3) Spray mirror sensor with water and windows close

It works every time with mine...

Looks like the MAX ones actually say MAX on them.

So, does anyone know where they are on the Octy?

I would have a guess and say they are behind the glovebox

In regard to the part number will depend on what door controllers you have

all CCM below are for Remotes with 434Mhz

1K0 959 433 AR or 1K0 959 433CB would be a safe bet for earlier cars

or 1K0 959 433BT would do for newer cars with GEN3 door controllers

OK, so I currently have a 1K0 959 433 AK MIN CCM and my door controllers seem to be 1T0 959 702 C which are GEN2 from what I can see in VCDS.

So, will a 1K0 959 433BT not work with GEN2 controllers?

The BT is for a car with front doors, so if you fitted it the rear doors wouldn't work.

With GEN 3 door controllers the front door controls the rear doors.

with your AK I would stick with AR or CB

Interesting - cheers for the info Eddie.

Thought the controller was around the steering column area myself, but have never gone specifically looking for it :)

Interesting - cheers for the info Eddie.

Thought the controller was around the steering column area myself, but have never gone specifically looking for it :)

Yep - time to try and source a AK or AR MAX unit I think...........

If I can find one at a sensible price (ie not £90 like they are on ebay) I am willing to be the guinea pig on this one and see what else comes in Maxidot etc and what else I can enable that wasn't there before.

Yep - time to try and source a AK or AR MAX unit I think...........

If I can find one at a sensible price (ie not £90 like they are on ebay) I am willing to be the guinea pig on this one and see what else comes in Maxidot etc and what else I can enable that wasn't there before.

AR or CB

Not AK as that is a min

New price is over £130

Realistic price is £30 - £55