REAR DOOR PROTECTIVE FILM FITTED FOR FREE

mellyboy

Following a posting with regard to rear door protective film only being fitted when ordering a off road pack, I emailed Skoda UK pointing out that potentially all Yeties are by design off road vehicles, and as Skoda are aware that chipping can be a problems on the rear door, and producing a protective film to prevent this it should be fitted to all Yeties when manufactured. Phil from Skoda UK contacted me and offered to have the film fitted free of charge at my local dealer. Robinson's,Norwich, were excellent ,arranged for a professional fitter to fit them this has been done today, even supplied me with touch-up paint. Thanks Phil and Robinson's for excellent customer care.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Following a posting with regard to rear door protective film only being fitted when ordering a off road pack, I emailed Skoda UK pointing out that potentially all Yeties are by design off road vehicles, and as Skoda are aware that chipping can be a problems on the rear door, and producing a protective film to prevent this it should be fitted to all Yeties when manufactured. Phil from Skoda UK contacted me and offered to have the film fitted free of charge at my local dealer. Robinson's,Norwich, were excellent ,arranged for a professional fitter to fit them this has been done today, even supplied me with touch-up paint. Thanks Phil and Robinson's for excellent customer care.

That's very interesting. My car has not been damaged yet but the paintwork in that area does get a lot of tar and insect marks.

Do you have the contact details for Phil so that others can contact him and get something similar arranged?

I have just emailed my dealer to see whether Allams will also provide the same service when my beast finally arrives in the UK, so at least something positive from SUK in acknowledging the problem exists eh ?

:yes:

Edited by redandwhitepauly

That's very interesting. My car has not been damaged yet but the paintwork in that area does get a lot of tar and insect marks.

Do you have the contact details for Phil so that others can contact him and get something similar arranged?

Yes 08457745745 Skoda UK

..it say's number no longer in use, due to high volume and phil not answering :giggle: .................................................................................KIDDING :rofl::thumbup:

Hi James, When I visited Robinson's for to book the fitting in, myself and the service guy checked the two Yetis they had there and neither had the protective film fitted, the impression i have gained from the dialogue on the forum is that you only get if you order the off road pack. Would other members like to confirm if they have this protective film fitted, if they did not order the off road pack.

Edited by mellyboy

I spoke to Skoda UK today and they say its not fitted as standard, and has to be fitted at the dealership if not on the rough road package, so guess its not fitted as standard !

Guess the way to go for those waiting delivery is get it fitted at the dealers before you take delivery of it.

:yes:

Hi James, When I visited Robinson's for to book the fitting in, myself and the service guy checked the two Yetis they had there and neither had the protective film fitted, the impression i have gained from the dialogue on the forum is that you only get if you order the off road pack. Would other members like to confirm if they have this protective film fitted, if they did not order the off road pack.

Hi,

yes I can 99% confirm it's an off-road pack item only. Discovered this in conversation within the original small band of SMOC members way back. I thought at first it was standard as the two Yeti's I'd seen close up had it fitted.

Think aerofurb first mentioned stone chipping in that area, so I questioned about the film to discover he didn't have on his Monster :wonder: The initial thought was that it might have just been fitted to early production vehicles but later it became evident that owners with the rough road pack had the film and obviously those that hadn't opted for it didn't.

Think myself this pack should be standard anyway and in Europe I believe it's at least optional on the equivalent 'S' trim where here it's not. One of the main factors in me going for the SE.

Regards,

TP

Hi!

At least in Finland the protective film was fitted with the Adventure spec - no off road pack ordered since it's a 2wd.

Hi raz,

off-road pack is available for both 4 paw and 2 paw, if you have a steel under-tray and plastic shields on the front of both rear axle beams then you have the pack.

edit

4428578373_2f1ab9c8c5_b.jpg

Plastic shields on the rear axle beam looking from the rear; protects front and lower face of beam and frontal area of the coil spring

4231141780_93b8494d6b_b.jpg

From the front

4231192420_fb35dba40f_b.jpg

rear view of the steel tray which is bolted into place.

4230374511_9c16e44ed9_b.jpg

also thicker sections fitted to the floor pan covers protecting fuel and brake pipes

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

I can confirm it isn't on mine, and with the grotty roads around here it is something I will be looking at.

James,

how about Allams doing a Group Purchase for the SMOC? I suspect you might have a few takers!!

B)

I've fitted my own using 3M scotchguard paint protection film. Mine cover a slightly larger and higher area than the Skoda versions (thanks TP for the photos) I also covered all the door sills at the same time. Not a cheap option though, as the film cost (1200 mm x 300 mm) around £40.00 with isopropyl spray additive, cloth and applicator. From Premier Paint Guard.

Paul has emailed me the part numbers for the kit, so I shall ask the parts department in the morning how much they cost us.

I will speak to Skoda to find out if the Yetis should be coming with the protective film or if it's supposed to be on all of them or not.

I think that it should be more clear in the brochure what the offroad pack includes.

I bought my Yeti from West Sussex Motors. Read the thread on stone chipping and suggested that foils should be fitted. I had not done this before the purchase agreement so they would only order them on payment. Cost = £15 per side.

The foils had not arrived when the car was delivered and I have now had it just over a week. The foils are now in the dealers but they also now want £25 for fitting. They have suggested that I can collect them and fit them myself to save the extra cost.

Has anyone done this and is it a difficult job?

I bought my Yeti from West Sussex Motors. Read the thread on stone chipping and suggested that foils should be fitted. I had not done this before the purchase agreement so they would only order them on payment. Cost = £15 per side.

The foils had not arrived when the car was delivered and I have now had it just over a week. The foils are now in the dealers but they also now want £25 for fitting. They have suggested that I can collect them and fit them myself to save the extra cost.

Has anyone done this and is it a difficult job?

hi i have here is the link to the stone chipping thread. if the link will not work look for the stone chipping thread reply no 27

My link

PS just tried the link not working at the moment the thread is on page 4

Edited by wakev

Our Yeti will only be used on the road. Do people think it's still advisable to go for the protective film?

The fitter who fitted mine said road use is worse most of the kits he fits are on road cars.

Our Yeti will only be used on the road. Do people think it's still advisable to go for the protective film?

OH yes... roads have far more debris on them than being offroad - where you move very slowly anyway. Normal roads where you move at speed is the killer.

Ordered mine with the rough road package for this very reason. I don't intend doing much off roading but the state of some of the countries roads leaves much to be desired, it doesn't take much to throw a stone from the front wheels onto rear door. I for one will feel happier with the extra protection.

Mine is only 3 weeks / 2,000 miles old and the rear panels are already pretty peppered with chips. A worthwhile addition I think. Many, many moons ago there was a similar fitting on my wife's Audi A6 so VAG seem to have previous with this sort of thing.

Paul has emailed me the part numbers for the kit, so I shall ask the parts department in the morning how much they cost us.

I will speak to Skoda to find out if the Yetis should be coming with the protective film or if it's supposed to be on all of them or not.

I think that it should be more clear in the brochure what the off road pack includes.

Been into my dealer on another matter, we checked out stock to see if any model had protective film fitted as standard ,his Yeti although had the off road button did not, but a low spec octy did have protective film fitted , All very strange decision making by Skoda.