3 button Remote Fob ebay replacement for 2 button

Ah, can you order the Skoda badged ones from that ebay seller? I didn't see an option to on his auction.

Nope but you can get the emblems seperate - see HERE

i must be thick or not following this properly :wonder:

how did you get the immobiliser to work with this new fob then? and did you put the two button key and end on the 3 button one?

cheers

Use the new 3 button remote half - with your old half with the key and immobiliser chip in

So you could you use this?

Could and How would you get the immobiliser coded with a blank blade half?

My keys getting a bit mankey and thought I would buy some new ones!

TBH my actual key's weren't the problem just the remote pad - so i havent needed to reprogram a new immobiliser chip(which i think can only be done thru vagcom) or get a new key cust

I did wonder whether its possible to move the immobiliser chip itself into a new 'case' - but i hear that they are very fragile and usually glued into the cases when manufactured, and once broken they are useless and you have no choice but get a new one and reprogram it

Steve

Mine arrived this morning and everything is working now with the new fob.:thumbup:

How easy is it to fit a solenoid so the boot will pop open when the fob is pressed?

Received 2nd remote from seller - again no problems :D

also received some emblems

and found it harder to get the worn emblem off the back of the remote (without stabbing /slicing/severing something that i'm sure i'd miss) - than the whole remote reprogram process :D:rofl:

Steve

and found it harder to get the worn emblem off the back of the remote (without stabbing /slicing/severing something that i'm sure i'd miss) - than the whole remote reprogram process :D:rofl:

How did you do it ???

I tried and failed about two years ago lol

Received 2nd remote from seller - again no problems :D

also received some emblems

Steve

Yep tell me about it...Did the same

How did you do it ???

I found best way was to get a pin or tweezers about carefully lift up one side. If is very hard not to damage the badge

You can get replacement emblems quite easy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160469664043&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Mine arrived this morning and everything is working now with the new fob.:thumbup:

How easy is it to fit a solenoid so the boot will pop open when the fob is pressed?

What jaymd said, key came and works a treat, just need the boot to pop open when you hit that new middle button!:think:

What jaymd said, key came and works a treat, just need the boot to pop open when you hit that new middle button!:think:

Did you press button down and hold key for few seconds, then you should here the boot unlatch.

Few folks don't hold button long enough.

If not repeat the reset procedure listed above.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring an old thread back up,but does it have to be a genuine Skoda three button key for this to work or will one of the replacement ones you can buy on eBay work(if I transferred all the gubbins over?)

Cheers in advance

Lee

Is this a wind up?

took my key fob apart and there are only two buttons on the circuitery board, thought well what i read is it works so put it into a newly bought 3 button fob and as expected it COULD NOT work what a waste of money and time. this was for a 2 button fob of a 1.8 elegance 2002 model.

Is this a wind up?

took my key fob apart and there are only two buttons on the circuitery board, thought well what i read is it works so put it into a newly bought 3 button fob and as expected it COULD NOT work what a waste of money and time. this was for a 2 button fob of a 1.8 elegance 2002 model.

err did you just buy a case?

You need to buy a complete key fob with the correct 1j parts code to do it.

I brought item number 250979938125, took the bottom bit apart, swapped transponder and blade then programmed it in. And it works fine

Tis ok m8 easy mistake to make, just make sure you get a 1j one. You don't have to take the main body apart just the bottom bit when you split it in half. The transponder is a lil black thing that looks like a grain of rice be careful with it! If you get stuck with owt just give me a pm and I'll help you as much as I can m8

Tis ok m8 easy mistake to make, just make sure you get a 1j one. You don't have to take the main body apart just the bottom bit when you split it in half. The transponder is a lil black thing that looks like a grain of rice be careful with it! If you get stuck with owt just give me a pm and I'll help you as much as I can m8

Why take the transponder and blade off the old key?

The lower moulding is the same for both 2 and 3 button keys.

• 1 year later...

Can't believe that the Octavia also has this "hidden" feature as well! Did the two button fob to three button fob swap to my Fabia about 1yr ago after reading a MKI Fabia owners thread. .............

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/248942-daves-fabia-14-16v/?p=3053010

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260977-second-remote-key/

Got my bits from this seller who several of us in the Fabia section have used & very good!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/key_service

.........Skoda............ :wall:

My mates got a MKIV Golf with a two button remote & was wanting to convert to a three button but as I can't find a rear hatch lever by the drivers seat I presume that he doesn't have the correct release mechanism to enable this "hidden" feature"?. Only asking this as Octavia is based on MKIV Golf.......................also his is an "X" plate.

Can't believe that the Octavia also has this "hidden" feature as well! Did the two button fob to three button fob swap to my Fabia about 1yr ago after reading a MKI Fabia owners thread. .............

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/248942-daves-fabia-14-16v/?p=3053010

Got my bits from this seller who several of us in the Fabia section have used & very good!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/key_service

.........Skoda............ :wall:

My mates got a MKIV Golf with a two button remote & was wanting to convert to a three button but as I can't find a rear hatch lever by the drivers seat I presume that he doesn't have the correct release mechanism to enable this "hidden" feature"?. Only asking this as Octavia is based on MKIV Golf.......................also his is an "X" plate.

The hatch release on the MkIV Golf is mechanical, unlike the Octavia and some Fabias which have electronic releases. Your mate should have bought a Bora as it is possible to do the three button upgrade with them :happy:

The hatch release on the MkIV Golf is mechanical, unlike the Octavia and some Fabias which have electronic releases. Your mate should have bought a Bora as it is possible to do the three button upgrade with them :happy:

Thanks for confirming my thoughts................................... :thumbup:

.............So now I just tell him the bad news.............................

"that three button remote is going to cost abit more than £20 & the car might look a bit different".............. :giggle:

So, all that's needed is the 3 key section off another fob, then a quick recode? And use the top half of my current fob? A quick look on eBay shows the 3 button fobs ( just buttons no electrics ) for a couple of quid. Really?

So, all that's needed is the 3 key section off another fob, then a quick recode? And use the top half of my current fob? A quick look on eBay shows the 3 button fobs ( just buttons no electrics ) for a couple of quid. Really?

So long as you have the rear hatch lever by the drivers seat/door

You need the complete remote (bottom) half inc the three button pcb board inside.....so one bottom half casing, one three button remote pcb board for inside................and NO recoding.....NO VCDS............

Get the bits from this guy as very good...email him as he knows his stuff!!! and he has done video guides etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/VAG-keys-VW-SEAT-SKODA-key-info-/10000000019533053/g.html

I and many others on this forum have used him over the years..............

• Like 1