Late Delivery Compensation

From order to build week ( which is supposed to be next week ) is 17 weeks Plus delivery after so looking at approx 20 weeks.

Should i ring Skoda Ireland and quote this topic?

Or is this just for UK emoticon-0124-worried.gif

Hi everyone, i ordered my VRS at the end of april, build week 30, car got delayed, but could be ready for the last week in august, or the first of september, i chose september as it was only a week away, the problem is i can't collect until the 3rd as im away, but my car tax runs out on my old banger at the end of the month, i explained the situation to my dealer, stating that if my car had not taken so long then i would not wait for a new plate and my tax would not matter, as it does i have asked for a loan car in the mean time, which i thought was a good deal, they asked me to ring up tomorrow to sort it out :thumbup: happy days, im not greedy, but some times if you dont ask you won't get :)

I dont want a loan car , i just want them to get their ruddy act together a ship my car from Emden to uk ang get it to the dealer ASAP, i think that 22 days after arriving at Emden it is not irrational to imagine the car should at least be in this country by now.

I dont want a loan car , i just want them to get their ruddy act together a ship my car from Emden to uk ang get it to the dealer ASAP, i think that 22 days after arriving at Emden it is not irrational to imagine the car should at least be in this country by now.

i hate to say this, but i smell something fishy!! 22 days sitting on the docks...almost a month!!!

that's plain ridiculous & unacceptable!!

feel sorry for u!!

hope u get compensated big time for the crap they're putting u through!!!

i hate to say this, but i smell something fishy!! 22 days sitting on the docks...almost a month!!!

that's plain ridiculous & unacceptable!!

feel sorry for u!!

hope u get compensated big time for the crap they're putting u through!!!

The first thing i am going to do is go over it with a fine tooth comb looking for any possible damage/repair both inside and out , maybe i am being paranoid but it seems a long time for a car just to be sat there. I think it is quite possible that it is now a damaged/repaired car and if it is i will not accept it.

Edited by BillyT1903

Sorry to hear of your long waits gents but you are not alone.

It seems Audi are having similar if not bigger problems as well with the A3. Some buyers are reporting being told not to expect a car before March/April next year if placing an order now. Those with delayed orders are being put into loan cars which Audi UK are arranging, most of which appear to be brand new A4's.

It seems Audi are having similar if not bigger problems as well with the A3. Some buyers are reporting being told not to expect a car before March/April next year if placing an order now. Those with delayed orders are being put into loan cars which Audi UK are arranging, most of which appear to be brand new A4's.

Audi has some very nifty bits in the small print of all their brochures (unlike Skoda who don't even mention this 16 week point anywhere):

New car delivery

Once we’ve confirmed a delivery date for your car, we’ll keep you informed of progress. Subject to reasonable notice, we’ll then deliver it to a place of your choice, whether that’s your home or place of work. In the unlikely event of a delay, we’ll provide a courtesy car to minimise inconvenience and keep you mobile.

So that is why these guys are getting A4 courtesy cars.

When I was first looking for my car I was told delivery wouldn't be until November for a brand new Octavia. However as my current car seems to be losing money by the second I decided not to wait and picked up one of the last brand new 1.9tdi's which saved me a grand or so from a dealer in Liverpool. I still got the VAT offer and it stopped me going mad with the optional extras I don't really need (but would of liked) I know I would of ended up with the 1.6 tdi rather than the 2.0 that I my heart was telling me to get once my head took over as it normally does.

WOOHOO!!!!!! My car has finally made it to the UK, apparently it arrived on the Tyne over the weekend, ah well i cant see me getting it this week as they will be rushing all the ones that have been waiting for the 60 plate out of the doors, but at least it is in this country. :yes:

when you do eventually get your car check the door edges as they have foam buffers fitted for transport

and seem to leave a glue/tack and light scratches where they are taken off,noticeable close up

but not so much when you are standing near , but if you take pride and polish/wax it will drive you mad.

mine was delivered that quickly that after i had drove it from newcastle to scotland the double sided tape

holding the number plates had sprung and was only holding the centre of the plates.

i waited from jan until june for delivery but as soon as you get it and start driving it all will be forgiven.

I contacted Skoda UK yesterday regarding this. Spoke to a very helpful young lady, who confirmed any delivery over 16 weeks from order will be eligible to compensation.

Nearer the delivery date, they will discuss options eg.

contribution towards service costs of old car / new car

dealer fit accessories

My VRS CR DSG hatch ordered week 23 - June 11. Build date now week 43 - w/c 25/10 + 3 weeks transit = week 46 - w/c 15/11

I will need x 2 new rear tyres at £100 + each, as do not want to risk a 2 k fine

If my p/x picks up parking damage from ignorant motorists in car parks etc, this will also need to be considered, as price was given when viewed in June.

Service due at 48 k - now done 45 k. Knowing how car computer calculates this, if more delays do not want to affect extended Seat warranty

Hope this helps everyone in same situation

Build date back to week 44!

Did see on another thread today, that factory trying to improve situation but not for me at the moment

Edited by teebee

Now week 45! At this rate might get it by Christmas

Feel a Victor Meldrew moment creeping up! build date now back to wk 48. I don`t believe it!

28-29 wks from order (week 23) less 3 wk factory shutdown = 26 and counting + Christmas

Julie at Skoda UK Customer Service will now be keeping me posted. Wonder who holds the current record for longest wait from order to delivery?

Skoda confirmed compensation 16 wks + £150 25 wks + £300 / or M&S vouchers

Edited by teebee

Wonder who holds the current record for longest wait from order to delivery?

Skoda confirmed compensation 16 wks + £150 25 wks + £300 / or M&S vouchers

Teebee, néé Victor, I think you'll find it is me. I order in week FOURTEEN!

Can you explain this gesture of Goodwill a bit better please? Sounds total pants to me!

Hi

Is there a prize for the longest wait?

Mine was ordered week NINE with a povisional build week of 41. But every time I check on the build date it's been put back, so stopped enquiring. Seriously ****ed off.

Hi

Is there a prize for the longest wait?

Mine was ordered week NINE with a povisional build week of 41. But every time I check on the build date it's been put back, so stopped enquiring. Seriously ****ed off.

Vyt you have me licked then. I've got a 30 week wait (14 to 44). I used to be a 41er as well, but then decided to change my order! Good luck waiting!

Feel a Victor Meldrew moment creeping up! build date now back to wk 48. I don`t believe it!

28-29 wks from order (week 23) less 3 wk factory shutdown = 26 and counting + Christmas

Julie at Skoda UK Customer Service will now be keeping me posted. Wonder who holds the current record for longest wait from order to delivery?

Skoda confirmed compensation 16- 24 wks + £150 25+ wks + £300 / or M&S vouchers

Now wk 50 build + 4 weeks transit = week 2 Jan? Skoda do not count 3 week shutdown, was a mistake = 31 wks

Found out today from Skoda UK, that could have loan car option via dealer fron week 41, as I have px but forego up to £ 300 compensation.

As px will need warranty extended / mot / service / rfl at end Dec + 2 new rear tyres soon, giving it serious consideration. Dealer could have px early and save me money too + stop worrying about px getting knocked etc

• 8 months later...

I just qualify for the 'Good Will' payment as I ordered my car prior to Jan 1st ( by 2 days) & SUK are sorting out with my dealer. MMy dealer told me 'No' & (fingers crossed) the man from SUK say YES! :giggle:

I just qualify for the 'Good Will' payment as I ordered my car prior to Jan 1st ( by 2 days) & SUK are sorting out with my dealer. MMy dealer told me 'No' & (fingers crossed) the man from SUK say YES! :giggle:

yep,had exactly the same, dealer telling me to ring suk,suk tell me to ring dealer, suk told me £300 marks and spencer vouchers,accessories or servicing.dealer denied the vouchers are available until i blew a fuse with them, now dealer saying its possible and he will request them!!! have never come across such an unhelpful sales team.

can anyone who has received the compensation let me know how long they waited please?

just to update...spoke to skoda uk re compensation 26/5. vouchers arrived today 7/6.

Edited by jhe

• 5 months later...

I've been battling with the dealer and Skoda since March for my compensation vouchers, but so far no luck. I ordered on 4th October 2010 and took delivery on 10th March 2011 - so due for £150 compensation. Mentioned this to the dealer at the time and he said he would look into it, he later confirmed that there was such a scheme and said he'd get on with it. In May I'd heard nothing and rang the dealer and he then denied that there wasn't any such scheme, but insisted there was and that he should contact Skoda. Still nothing after a month or so and I rang Skoda and they said they would get on the case. I've made constant phone calls to Skoda, but I'm getting nowhere, they're just giving me the run-around and hoping I'd forget about it. Has anyone got any suggestions where I can go next?

Mac

I can honestly say I had a few problems getting my vouchers. I fell out with the dealer on day one, spoke to me like cr*p. Re the compensation scheme i went straight to Skoda. It took approx six months to sort with the dealer first saying they had requested them then skoda saying they had filed the form out wrong. Best advice I can give to anyone having problems is deal direct with Skoda, after all dealers do not like a call from head office. Ask for a case number so you can always chase up. Tell them you do not want the case closing until you have the vouchers in your hand then phone them once a fortnight. I got on really well with Skoda and found them helpful.