Boot size

The estate boot is exactly the same size as the hatch (in terms of floorplan). The only difference is the extra height you get in the estate over the hatch.

I had a hatch with a boot mat and I have used the same boot mat in my new estate. It fits perfectly in the estate with even the tiedown eyes being in the same locations.

The estate boot is exactly the same size as the hatch (in terms of floorplan). The only difference is the extra height you get in the estate over the hatch.

I had a hatch with a boot mat and I have used the same boot mat in my new estate. It fits perfectly in the estate with even the tiedown eyes being in the same locations.

Thanks, will look at Mondeo's.

LMAO - are they not much cop? I thought Ford had got their act together and were producing god cars?

Swearing again LOL

Only having a fun PD :giggle:

Edited by BillyT1903

Thanks, will look at Mondeo's.

I seriously looked at the Mondeo Estate before I bought the Octavia Estate.

I liked the Mondeo and the load area was bigger - 1733 litres vs 1655 for the Octavia. (But be careful about these stats - as I discovered then I was looking around; the way manufacturers measure these things is not standard).

However the Modeo has much larger exterior dimensions and can be a bit daunting size wise. My wife refused to test drive it because of that.

I think it would make an excellent workhorse and liked it a lot.

I understand that Ford have rationalised their stupid prices recently. They need to - when we were looking last year the dealer offered nearly £9K off list before I even started to negotiate seriously. And even then it was more that the Octavia!

In then end the thumbs down from the wife over the size issue meant it was struck off the list.

Edited by Minimoke
  • Like 1

If you need more space then the Superb estate is massive!!!!

thanks, ugly though. What about the Passat estate?

You were considering Octavia and Mondeo estates and then call the Superb estate ugly? emoticon-0124-worried.gif

The Passat is in between the Octavia and Superb for size - but the build quality and feel is not as good as the Skoda's.

Edited by Gizmo68

Hi there

This is my first post on the forum by the way, Hi everyone.

My 07 mondeo ghia hatch 2.0L d 136hp (new shape) is at 102k and will be changing it in September, as this is when my new VRS cr arrives.

The Mond has been a decent work horse, however the hype about the German quality build is just not true, its not bad but I have got rattles in door, broken arm rest,

worn gear knob dodgy bluetooth etc. I had an abs module go at 35k which would have been over a grand. The most annoying thing is the stutter you get from the

engine whilst wellying it. Every rep I have spoken to has this issue and ford dont admit there is an issue.

If you do decide to get one, make sure its the Titanium X as the standard seats are very poor.

The handling is good but it does have a lot of body roll.

Cant wait to get the vrs, in my opinion its better in every way apart from the lack of mfsw on the manual VRS

Hope this helps!

I had a VW Passat before the Mondeo. I was shocked by how bad the quality was.

If you jump in one, just press against the plastic around the radio and you will see what I mean.

My wife has got an Audi A4 s-line 2.0 tfsi, now that is good build quality!

Cant wait to out handle her in the VRS :p

Edited by gwyn

I had a mk3 mondy estate ghia x, was well made, handled great for its size and is a much much bigger car than the octy, in terms of load space and passenger space.......how you guys are comparing a car with the same floorpan as a golf to a mondeo is beyond me. Its not the same class of car.

I love my octy and would have an octy estate as I dont need a big estate but the mondy was a bigger beast with great lugging capacity and for its size it was a bloody good drive. Its more comparable to the superb in terms of size.

here r some numbers for u. go crunch away.......

(make - seats up / seats down)

octavia hatch - 560 / 1420

octavia wagon - 580 / 1620

mondeo hatch - 528/ 1448

mondeo wagon - 542 / 1733

golf hatch - 350 / 1305

golf wagon - 505 / 1495

passat wagon - 603 / 1731

suberb wagon - 633 / 1865

figures above are luggage capacity in litres (ISO)

Edited by JR RS

here r some numbers for u. go crunch away.......

(make - seats up / seats down)

octavia hatch - 560 / 1420

octavia wagon - 580 / 1620

mondeo hatch - 528/ 1448

mondeo wagon - 542 / 1733

golf hatch - 350 / 1305

golf wagon - 505 / 1495

passat wagon - 603 / 1731

suberb wagon - 633 / 1865

figures above are luggage capacity in litres (ISO)

Thanks, is this the current Mondeo in production at the moment?

Firstly I do not mean to insult any Ford owners but we use Fords of all types for work and I am sorry but they are diabolical. Everything about them is inferior to a VAG car except the price and that is why we use then, they are cheap and thankfully cheap to repair. Other than being in workshops every month one thing that really is surprising is the build quality. We have 59 plate cars with 25K on the clock and no carpets left where they have worn completely through. In my mind there is no way that is acceptable.

Thanks, is this the current Mondeo in production at the moment?

yes....all figures quoted are from the manufacturer, and are for the latest production model.

Firstly I do not mean to insult any Ford owners but we use Fords of all types for work and I am sorry but they are diabolical. Everything about them is inferior to a VAG car except the price and that is why we use then, they are cheap and thankfully cheap to repair. Other than being in workshops every month one thing that really is surprising is the build quality. We have 59 plate cars with 25K on the clock and no carpets left where they have worn completely through. In my mind there is no way that is acceptable.

Cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to repair and always out handle everything in their class. Fords are cheap cars that are great to drive

Dont think you're insulting by pointing out they are cheapr than VAG, its deliberate targeting

When VAG knows how to make a car drive as well as a ford they'll be in with a shout of matching ford sales figures ;-)

Focus/Fiesta/Mondeo are always in the top sellers list and they always end up as class leaders for handling.

Before you ask the A6 Avant is:

"565-litre capacity. This can be increased with the rear seats folded to a very large 1660 litres."

:rofl:

lol, is there an A8 estate? I think I am going to stick with what I have got, maybe the next gen Octavia will be bigger.