New Roomster has arrived but not to my spec!

Petehusky

After much deliberation I went for a Roomster Scout back in the beginning of June and ordered a few extras, including a panoramic sunroof. The garage has just called to say the car has landed but it doesn't have the sunroof! At the time I deliberated between the Scout and the SE which has the sunroof as standard and in the end went for the Scout as we have 2 large dogs and the plastic bumpers etc would be more practical.

I'm now in a quandary. The garage know I'm not impressed and the sales guy is speaking to his manager but I'm also less than impressed as when you're spending around £14K you expect to have what you want! The question is - am I going to always regret taking the car without the sunroof when it was something that we wanted. I would imagine I can get some money off the car at the very least. Any thoughts - I was only told about 10mins ago and wasn't going to post on here until i had my nice new shiney roomster!

After much deliberation I went for a Roomster Scout back in the beginning of June and ordered a few extras, including a panoramic sunroof. The garage has just called to say the car has landed but it doesn't have the sunroof! At the time I deliberated between the Scout and the SE which has the sunroof as standard and in the end went for the Scout as we have 2 large dogs and the plastic bumpers etc would be more practical.

I'm now in a quandary. The garage know I'm not impressed and the sales guy is speaking to his manager but I'm also less than impressed as when you're spending around £14K you expect to have what you want! The question is - am I going to always regret taking the car without the sunroof when it was something that we wanted. I would imagine I can get some money off the car at the very least. Any thoughts - I was only told about 10mins ago and wasn't going to post on here until i had my nice new shiney roomster!

Ah thats a shame - I have an R3 with the roof, however I am not sure I would miss it as it doesnt open and it gets a bit toasty on hot days. I have also heard they can (in rare instances) crack if the chassis flexes too much (like on a ramp or mounting a curb).

Just make sure if you decide to accept it you get a healthy discount, or ask them for free use of a demonstrator until your proper car arrives!

Edited by Broomster

If you asked for the sunroof stick to your guns and don't accept it without... We have one with the sunroof and really like it... if it gets hot we just pull the blinds across and have never had a roasting car (or even a hot one for that matter!), its far nicer with the sunroof... And when they tell you it will take longer ask them how they will be compensating you for the added delay! They are just trying to farm you off with someone elses reject, don't accept it!

Edited by The PM

been to have a look at it, but it is not the same without the sunroof - it was the sunroof that we both (the missus and i) really liked - the local garage are going to speak to the local area manager to see what he/they can do. I think I'd wait/reorder with some extras thrown in (metallic paint and a maxi-dot) but if they won't do that then I'll be refusing it, trying to get my deposit back and will look into buying a second hand roomy with a sunroof... let's see what happens!

First time I've ever bought a new car and tbh it's put me right off. Happy Drivers maybe but I'm not

Hi,

had a similar issue with my Yeti, ordered an SE with options but it arrived missing the requested off-road button. SUK offered to cover cost of the other options fitted as compensation.

In the end though I reordered after renegotiating a much better discount than I had been able to obtain on the first order :happy: oh some that extra discount was used on one or two more options :)

Only downside beside the extra wait for delivery is my re-order has the odd cabin rattle, were my first one last I heard was perfectly behaved (bought by coincidence by another Briskodian). Can't win them all :rofl:

Anyway hope you get sorted,

TP

Stick to your guns!

At £600, the sunroof is an expensive option that you would not have specified if you did not really want it.

I love the sunroof on mine and I know I would have regretted accepting a Roomy without one.

In your position, I would not even consider the substitute Maxidot, metallic paint and discount - but at the end of the day, it's your decision.

£14k is a lot to pay for a car that is not what you wanted. HTH

Rob

Stick to your guns!

At £600, the sunroof is an expensive option that you would not have specified if you did not really want it.

I love the sunroof on mine and I know I would have regretted accepting a Roomy without one.

In your position, I would not even consider the substitute Maxidot, metallic paint and discount - but at the end of the day, it's your decision.

£14k is a lot to pay for a car that is not what you wanted. HTH

Rob

I'd say wait for he right spec to come if you can, or look for a good used one. Every time I see a Roomster without the sunroof I'm grateful I have one.

I also have 2 dogs, one large who feels the heat and one small. If we have to leave them in the parked car we close the roof blind, open the windows a few inches and park in the shade. It never gets any hotter than our old solid roofed Spacewagon. There's no problem when driving of course as the air con keeps it cool.

I'd say wait for he right spec to come if you can, or look for a good used one. Every time I see a Roomster without the sunroof I'm grateful I have one.

I also have 2 dogs, one large who feels the heat and one small. If we have to leave them in the parked car we close the roof blind, open the windows a few inches and park in the shade. It never gets any hotter than our old solid roofed Spacewagon. There's no problem when driving of course as the air con keeps it cool.

I've not even been offered anything yet -still waiting to hear....so the maxidot and metallic paint are merely my thoughts at present as to what may make me stick with buying a new roomster or telling the dealer to stick it and buying a second hand one...however your thoughts are appreciated and I'll let you know what the outcome is... :)

Stick to the panoramic roof! It is what makes the roomy special. Have a Scout for the wife and she loves her car.

Another thing, if you have to order new. It might be a modellyear 2011 with the goodies they add for the next year (dont know if and what goodies will be new, but mostly around week 40-something the newer modellyear will start).

Stick to the panoramic roof! It is what makes the roomy special. Have a Scout for the wife and she loves her car.

Another thing, if you have to order new. It might be a modellyear 2011 with the goodies they add for the next year (dont know if and what goodies will be new, but mostly around week 40-something the newer modellyear will start).

Believe spec updates occur around WK22 and WK45.

Regards,

TP

still no sense - dealer called today to ask me to call Skoda Customer Service. Called them and they blamed the dealer and are calling him. I'm waiting for a call back (still) but am less than impressed and the longer this goes on the more likely I am to say no and go for a second hand model.. More to the point - shouldn't Skoda be calling me rather than me calling them on an 0845 number and being put in a queue for 10mins!

still no sense - dealer called today to ask me to call Skoda Customer Service. Called them and they blamed the dealer and are calling him. I'm waiting for a call back (still) but am less than impressed and the longer this goes on the more likely I am to say no and go for a second hand model.. More to the point - shouldn't Skoda be calling me rather than me calling them on an 0845 number and being put in a queue for 10mins!

check out 'say no to 0870' on the web - they probably have a landline number which may come in your free minutes....

Almost like customer service here....... emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

Let them keep the wrongly ordered roomy and be happy with it (we dont have a smilie with the well known middlefinger.....)

I would go for a used one. Saves money emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

ah sorry - should have been more specific - sunroof cost refunded and £500 cash. But no is going to be the answer. Must say cust service is very poor

How is it poor?? They are offering you £500 for their administrative **** up, or you can walk away, or they will order you another vehicle.

So they haven't gone down on bended knee begging forgivness with an offer of a re-ordered car free of charge delivered yesterday :S

Not sure quite what you expected.

How is it poor?? They are offering you £500 for their administrative **** up, or you can walk away, or they will order you another vehicle.

So they haven't gone down on bended knee begging forgivness with an offer of a re-ordered car free of charge delivered yesterday :S

Not sure quite what you expected.

there's no need to imply I'm after a free car delivered yesterday - I think I'm entitled to be a little annoyed! You wouldn't buy a house only to walk in the front door to find one of the windows bricked up?

I just wanted the car I ordered. After a 2.5 month wait you expect it to be right - reordering would involve another 2.5 month wait. I have a buyer for my car but he's not willing to wait for another 2.5 months to have it. So there's quite a bit of inconvenience here this end just through the timescales involved.

tbh approx £500 off a reordered car was more what I was expecting or a free sunroof on the reordered car rather than £500 off the car that doesn't have the correct spec. Hence i am walking away. Mods feel free to close this thread

there's no need to imply I'm after a free car delivered yesterday - I think I'm entitled to be a little annoyed! You wouldn't buy a house only to walk in the front door to find one of the windows bricked up?

I just wanted the car I ordered. After a 2.5 month wait you expect it to be right - reordering would involve another 2.5 month wait. I have a buyer for my car but he's not willing to wait for another 2.5 months to have it. So there's quite a bit of inconvenience here this end just through the timescales involved.

tbh approx £500 off a reordered car was more what I was expecting or a free sunroof on the reordered car rather than £500 off the car that doesn't have the correct spec. Hence i am walking away. Mods feel free to close this thread

I appreciate that you are more than a little upset, unfortuanately it is not unusual for Skoda CZ to mess up specs ( I have been a victim myself http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/46113-factory-bal22-up/page__p__550089__fromsearch__1entry550089

However I doubt it is the fault of the dealer or SUK, but the crappy ordering system used by SKCZ,

Unfortunately the odds are that any compo / offers to you will have to come out of the dealers pocket, so if you got a good deal to start with they may not have another £500 to give in a re-order whilst they consider £500 off the existing car worthwhile rather than having it sat in stock that they will have had to pay for.

If the sunroof is so important to you then you do right to walk away, but imo an offer of £500 is not bad customer service from the dealer, Poor service from the factory but like I say not the dealers fault (unless they placed the order wrong of course)

Anyway what ever you decide I hope you enjoy your new car and have trouble free motoring :)

SUK have made their offer, I think the ball is now in your court.

My preferred option would be to make them re order & hassle them weekly, claiming that youre without a car due to Skoda CZ messing up till the re order arrives.

Do you REALLY want the car or just a car specced as you wanted ? , I purchased a car that wasnt exactly what I wanted , and regretted it as it never really felt right somehow ,

SUK have made their offer, I think the ball is now in your court.

My preferred option would be to make them re order & hassle them weekly, claiming that youre without a car due to Skoda CZ messing up till the re order arrives.

Do you REALLY want the car or just a car specced as you wanted ? , I purchased a car that wasnt exactly what I wanted , and regretted it as it never really felt right somehow ,

Ok update - popped up the garage again and spoke to the manager (always better face to face when haggling) - reordered a SE rather than a Scout as I know that has a sunroof as standard - ie they can't mess that up. Also cheaper.

They're going to push it through as quick as they can and will hassle the area sales rep to throw in free climate control. They also confirmed it was the area sales that messed up the order - not them or Skoda - apparently there is now a new ordering system so they can order it direct whereas in June the orders had to be faxed and whoever took the fax didn't jot down the sunroof (!)

It's a car I'm planning on keeping so it has to be right and provided something is thrown in to compensate for the hassle then I'll be happy. There will also be a Scout for sale in Griffin Mill Pontypridd if anyone is looking for one!

thanks for all your comments. First time I've ever bought a new car - looks like I'm sort of doing it twice now!

I can't comment on the poor service you seem to have received from SUK but I can comment on the sunroof. It was an extra on my 08 Scout but as the test car we had was fitted with it we decided to order at £500. I haven't noticed any excessive heat in the cabin and the air con quickly brings comfort.

When we sent it in for the first service I got a phone call from the dealer to ask if I knew the roof was cracked! I hadn't noticed when cleaning and I don't often look up at the roof from inside. I was concerned that it was going to cost me a lot of money but SUK agreed that it didn't look like external damage, i.e. no chips, and replaced it FOC. Since then I have examined it often and there is still a feeling of insecurity that it might happen again as they didn't find any apparent cause.

I doubt if I would order it again and I understand that current cars are being "delayed" if one is ordered.

Fred

Edited by g6zru

Our Scout arrived as ordered. We did not want the glass top and if you opted for the climate AC it will keep the cabin at the correct temp. However, this dealer needs to have things done to his private parts. So reject the car and tell him to try and order the correct one, better still sue the bugger. Stick to your guns and drive what you have ordered, because that glass roof really does make a difference in our case and yours, we would not have accepted the vehicle if it had turned up with a glass roof. Stick to yer guns.