Red brake calipers

I have picked up my 2008 octy vrs & i have noticed it has red brake calipers,my old mk1 had green & i have seen a 2006 octy vrs with green calipers,has somebody "chaved mine up" (looks a good job if they have!)by painting them red or has skoda changed the colour on later models? :D

There is a date when they were changed from green to red.

I'm not sure if anybody knows exactly when that change was made.

My vRS is from January 2007 and it's got Red.

However I'm sure somebody on here has a newer one than mine and it still has green.

The changeover was the 2007 'MODEL YEAR'.

Up to 2006 Model Year = Green

2007 Model Year Onwards = Red

So there will be 2006 registered Octy's with Red and 2007 registered Octy's with Green and vice versa. Mine is a Jan 2007 registed 2006 Model Year with Green Calipers.

Green is in my mind the correct Skoda colour. Using Red is exactly as BigC says - a cost cutting excercise !!

both are very halfords, paint them black

That's a load of pish. The coloured calipers are a sign of a sporty motor and those that know their cars and their Skodas know that they are standard on the vRS.

You'll give people a complex saying stuff like that. I'd you own an occy vRS you should be proud of this feature and wanna show them off not paint over them.

What does look sad are the Vauxhall Corsa boys that paint their drums red. ;)

• 6 months later...

That's a load of pish. The coloured calipers are a sign of a sporty motor and those that know their cars and their Skodas know that they are standard on the vRS.

You'll give people a complex saying stuff like that. I'd you own an occy vRS you should be proud of this feature and wanna show them off not paint over them.

What does look sad are the Vauxhall Corsa boys that paint their drums red. ;)

definately not proud of larey coloured calipers :giggle:

We own vRS', shirley half the fun is having it a bit larey! I would also like to point out the fake, useless rear Spoiler that doesn't nothing but produce additional wind noise at speed....yet looks awesome is probably more of a halfrauds special then the colour of the brakes!! :D

56 plate here, with red!

Red calipers on my 56 plate Octavia, my workmate suggested spraying one set green and leaving the other set red to match the Vrs badge but not sure that would work in practice.

John

As long as you paint green on the right, red on the left. Anything else would be very confusing.

I was a bit disappointed to get mine in red.

But not enough to be bothered to paint them green.

Jan 2007 - 56 Plate with Green, looks great against Race Blue.

Have you got a pic? I've not seen a blue one with greens. I'd have thought they would clash, willing to be corrected though. :thumbup: