FL Heated Seats

jrw

Has anyone else got heated seats in their FL with the cloth interior?

On 3 it is barely warm on both front seats. My old Bora with Leather used to cook you and the in laws MK6 Golf with the same 3 settings as mine and i presume the same heating element gets much warmer. Is this something that can be tweaked in VCDS as im not very happy that they aren't very warm?

Compared to the heated seats i had in my previous car - mk5 golf gti - the skoda seats take a LOT longer to heat up and even when they are fully warm they are not really that hot compared to the golf. Both cars have cloth btw.

Still happy to have spec'd them, but they are not as good as the golf IMO.

I'd also be interested to hear if its something that can be tweaked by a boffin with a laptop.

Well even on 3 i think that they are a waste of time compared to the Bora or Mk6 Golf. Think I might phone up the local dealer and ask one of their techs about it. I loved them on the Bora as they went up to 5! I have a bad back so it is very good for me and tend to use them all year round.

• 5 years later...

Well even on 3 i think that they are a waste of time compared to the Bora or Mk6 Golf. Think I might phone up the local dealer and ask one of their techs about it. I loved them on the Bora as they went up to 5! I have a bad back so it is very good for me and tend to use them all year round.

Did you get anywhere with this [probable VCDS solution] please?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get anywhere with this [probable VCDS solution] please?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't had the car since January but never got anywhere with it. Must just be the honeycomb makeup or the cloth that prevents/dissipates the heat you get on other models.

• Like 1

Haven't had the car since January but never got anywhere with it. Must just be the honeycomb makeup or the cloth that prevents/dissipates the heat you get on other models.

Thanks man.  Hope your new vehicle is great :)

I have cloth heated in my Scout. Cant stand it for too long on 3.....

I did a 70-mile trip on 3-dots the other day, hardly noticed it was on.

I've been in cars with heated seats before, and understand exactly what you are saying.

I wish mine were both like that... oh well, fault diagnosis here I come...

Thanks all.

Thanks man. Hope your new vehicle is great :)

Not got one yet. Going to order a Golf R shortly ready for March 1st ;)

My I40 works car has heated seats that are a little warmer than the vrs but not a patch on the fabia. They nearly burn you. I can't stand on full for too long and I've had heated seats in cars for over 10 years!

I have heated seats - but I also have the leather.

Warms up almost instantly - which is needed on those cold mornings when you want them on!

They also get hot very quickly, only a few minutes required on "3" to get things toasty and then drop them down to 2 or else it gets uncomfortably hot.

Seems so odd that such similar setup's can have such different performance.

Has anyone else got heated seats in their FL with the cloth interior?

On 3 it is barely warm on both front seats. My old Bora with Leather used to cook you and the in laws MK6 Golf with the same 3 settings as mine and i presume the same heating element gets much warmer. Is this something that can be tweaked in VCDS as im not very happy that they aren't very warm?

mine get VERY hot on 3, arse on fire hot, normally one 3 to get it up to temp and then down to 1 or 2 in winter. Cloth like yours

In my case 3 is way too hot for me. Usually I heat them up and then I turn the system off. It's enough for me. In a really cold time sometimes I leave it on the 1st setting.

About heating time - can't say how much minutes/seconds does it take but it's fine for me. Just start the car, turn on the heating and while you adjust everything, it heats up.

Cloth here.

Never seen anything in VCDS to alter heat, sorry.

I have retrofitted seat heaters in my estate on leather -- not a Skoda part, but aftermarket with just 2 settings, low and high. On high, I can't have them on any longer than 10 minutes, they are really uncomfortably warm! But can leave then on low all day quite happily.

MIke

In my case 3 is way too hot for me. Usually I heat them up and then I turn the system off. It's enough for me. In a really cold time sometimes I leave it on the 1st setting.

About heating time - can't say how much minutes/seconds does it take but it's fine for me. Just start the car, turn on the heating and while you adjust everything, it heats up.

Cloth here.

Me thinks my cars set-up is knackered then, total bummer :(

Thanks anyway guys :)