FL Octavia VRS seats

I have found that the drivers seat in my FL VRS MK2 has become uncomfortable, it doesn't have anything to do with the failing bolster's, but the RHS digs into my side where the plastic surround is higher, has anyone else experienced this? :S

27/10/10 These seats are killing me!, thinking of selling the car now, (probably cheaper to join weight watchers though!!!), is anyone else out there having problems with there thighs being crushed?

Edited by davepud

• 1 month later...

I have found that the drivers seat in my FL VRS MK2 has become uncomfortable, it doesn't have anything to do with the failing bolster's, but the RHS digs into my side where the plastic surround is higher, has anyone else experienced this? :S

27/10/10 These seats are killing me!, thinking of selling the car now, (probably cheaper to join weight watchers though!!!), is anyone else out there having problems with there thighs being crushed?

Erm, nope...seats ok, recently did a round trip from Hampshire to Austria, no probs.......... :thumbup:

Hey if Wardy doesnt want those seats I would be happy to offer you a trade plus cash your way, for my Black Octavia Elegance interior, its in excellent condition also, no rips,tears or stains.

I've found they need careful adjustment. I had some aches and pains when I first got the car but now it seems OK, did about 500 miles last weekend with no ill effects. I must admit I've never had any other problems in other cars despite being a big chap.

I found the biggest difference was made with the steering wheel reach adjustment. I would set that in the middle of its range then adjust the seat.

My RHS base support is carp! I can feel the metal frame work through it. I was planning on getting it changed under warranty, but other matters cropped up and the warranty has now expired! :doh:

i find the RS Supreme seats wery comfy.

Did over 5000km in a Octavia RS Petrol. 2 months ago. Oslo-hamburg-Stuttgart-Nurburg(Nurburgringerea)-Prague-Mlada,Boleslav- Librec-Berlin-Oslo

With Supreme Seats Koni FSD Eibach Springs. and 18" Superb Luna wheels

And it was superb to drive

72_1514644310.jpg

72_1577835229.jpg

My link

jesus the Luna's look brilliant.

It's not the vRS's seat uprights that's the problem, though it doesn't help. It's the offset pedals that I've found to be the problem. I mentioned in an earlier post that the seating/pedal position seems to force you into sitting in a twisted position with your right leg way out to the right, causing the seat upright to dig into your right leg. Ideally, the brake pedal is where the accelerator should be, the clutch pedal is where the brake should be, and the left foot rest is where the clutch should be. Unfortunately, there's no easy fix other than to replace the seats with ones with less aggressive uprights. There seem to be plenty of takers already out there!

• 3 months later...

It's not the vRS's seat uprights that's the problem, though it doesn't help. It's the offset pedals that I've found to be the problem. I mentioned in an earlier post that the seating/pedal position seems to force you into sitting in a twisted position with your right leg way out to the right, causing the seat upright to dig into your right leg. Ideally, the brake pedal is where the accelerator should be, the clutch pedal is where the brake should be, and the left foot rest is where the clutch should be. Unfortunately, there's no easy fix other than to replace the seats with ones with less aggressive uprights. There seem to be plenty of takers already out there!

I had the seat modified, they cut out the metal posts in the sides, removed some foam and added more padding on the main seat, it's a lot better. However I still find that the plastic surround does not allow the foam on the RHS to move and it end's up causing pain in my left thigh. I know of at least two other Octavia owners who are having the same problem. If you keep your knees together it's a lot better!!

I had the seat modified, they cut out the metal posts in the sides, removed some foam and added more padding on the main seat, it's a lot better. However I still find that the plastic surround does not allow the foam on the RHS to move and it end's up causing pain in my left thigh. I know of at least two other Octavia owners who are having the same problem. If you keep your knees together it's a lot better!!

Does sound a bit drastic and obviously invalidates the warranty on that particular seat. Just thinking out aloud and wonder if its possible to twist the entire seat on its rails a few degrees to the right to see if that would help?

Looked into the Recaro replacement seats but they would interfere with the door panel's as they are 3 inches wider and of course a very expensive option.

Wonder if the LE seats would be any better?

Dave are you in the midlands area? Be interested to see your modified seat?

Does sound a bit drastic and obviously invalidates the warranty on that particular seat. Just thinking out aloud and wonder if its possible to twist the entire seat on its rails a few degrees to the right to see if that would help?

Looked into the Recaro replacement seats but they would interfere with the door panel's as they are 3 inches wider and of course a very expensive option.

Wonder if the LE seats would be any better?

Dave are you in the midlands area? Be interested to see your modified seat?

My Octy seats were killing my back and behind the knees so I swopped them for Golf seats which fit perfectly with no mods for the electrics .Much better seats that are wider and shorter so dont dig in back of knees .I got a full set of seats from Mk 5/6 golf for 50 quid from ebay .If I sell the car the originals can always go back in .Hope that helps

Its funny my back is in absolute agony after driving the car over the weekend, last time i had this pain i was in Jamaica and hurt my back worst 2 weeks of my life although the plant life helped massively :giggle:

I wouldnt mind some Golf GT leather seats they are super comfy.