Official Briskoda Fabia II vRS Register

ChrisRs

Mine!

im the second owner. Not quite the same MPG as my old pd130 but is serious fun. Need to lower it before the wife notices!!

also with one child and another pending I’ve opted for Aldi £14.99 seat covers to protect the interior. Having had the car 8 weeks. I’ve seen enough jammy dodger and smarties debris to make the decision worth it.

EB4DBCB9-54CB-4067-9EA3-DD7C9C56B848.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

After a very long absence, I'm back with a VRS.

Although my account says 2016, I had some issues with login's etc, as I originally joined back in 2004 when I purchased a brand new 54 plate mk1 Red Octavia VRS with cruise and parking sensors, wow, how times have changed as I paid £13,600 for that out of the showroom.

I have been reading everything and anything on the Fabia VRS, good bad and indifferent, so knew exactly what I was looking for, and now the proud owner of:

Date of registration: April 2013 CTHE with 36k miles

Colour: Black

Options fitted: Black Roof, Black Gigaro Alloys. Disappointed it didn't have Cruise as they told me it had prior to driving 200odd miles!

Paid for 1 year extended warranty via Skoda website

Options Already ordered and paid for: 

Sunglasses holder - http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Sun_Glasses_Holder_Black_1Z0868565F47H_1Z0868565F47H

Armrest - http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Centre_Armrest_-_Roomster_06>14_DAO700001.

Locking Wheelnuts - http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Locking_Wheel_Nut_(Set)_000071597C

VRS Mats - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-VRS-2007-2015-Car-Mats-Set-VRS-Logo-Full-Width-Heelpad/170919074925?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Black matt Wheelnut caps

Options to follow:

Replacement Head Unit - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RNS510-STYLE-ANDROID-7-1-DAB-DVD-SAT-NAV-SKODA-OCTAVIA-FABIA-RAPID-SUPERB-YETI/322424279429?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Think this is the one OP of "Green Monster" has

Reversing Camera - https://audiotechdirect.com/xtrons-skfb01-after-market-reverse-camera-for-skoda-fabia/

Other Considerations (Think I'll leave for a while, as ext warranty and all add-ons have mounted up!)

Parking sensors - £200

Cruise Control - £360

I'll post some pictures in the next few days as was looking to take some of the armrest install

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Finding this forum very useful for info. Ive just got a mk2 vrs. Got lots of plans for it. At the moment its standard but i have the following on order.

Extended VRS DSG Paddles

VRS Wheel centre caps

VRS valve caps

columbus unit

better light switch

Plans are as follows

Paint chrome bits gloss black

refurb wheels (gloss black)

Lowering springs

polybush

wheel studs

wheel spacers

f2.thumb.jpg.3d5e2416f58e1aef6ec49455e84d2cd7.jpg

f1.thumb.jpg.a76d34b4ecfdf1cf8285471850a2d699.jpg

What are peoples thoughts after long term ownership of this car? I have owned mine from new since September 2012, had a new engine and other oil fixes but this hasn't changed my love of the car in any way.

The only other job I recall having done was the blower/fan stopped working but that was a simple fix.

My only complaint would be it's quite a harsh ride, both my wife and I will definitely miss our vRS when she goes in about 6 weeks time :-(

Edited by MilgeS

Hello! 

Date of registration: 2014

Colour: Green w/ black

Options fitted: 

-Repaired DSG

-Nankang AR1 Semi-slick tires with 15" alloy (Original 15" Fabia's rim) 

-LED headlights (installed last night)

Coming Soon:

-DSG Paddle extensions (Looking which one will fit with the "new" steering wheel)

-Remove middle silencer

-Rear anti-roll bar (looking which one)

-Repro (The same... looking for opinions)

-Front splitter

Photo(Optional)

l3x2uiafcqLTAn7QbnqKCVPDhabs5nXSAbpJi6ef

mCrBCMo3UI-fTZregxkqayiwvNQMAxJdqXdZC12h

36813477_1770224499722570_78538356691503

36802264_678497572493900_461110798884379

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Date of registration

January 2014 (63).

Colour

Sonic Grey with black roof and wheels.

Options fitted

Stock.

Upgrades planned

Likely in this order as funds allow:

- Uprated brake pads

- Uprated brake rotors

- Rear anti-roll bar

- Uprated exhaust

- Uprated radiator

95A29E38-A869-496F-8646-CB7D622D1FE1.jpeg

Edited by jamescarroll
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Date of registration

January 2012

Colour 

Race Blue with black roof

Options Fitted

Black pack

Planned Upgrades

New skoda badges (The current ones are look a bit tatty now)

DSG paddle extensions

VRS valve caps

IMG_20180928_081241__01.jpg

• 2 months later...

Date of registration: CTHE June 2013. Vrs estate. 

Colour: Red (black alloys)

Options fitted: no idea but It has cruise control. I plan to look at paddle extensions and functional things like Bluetooth, boot sill protector and seat covers. My dog came with me to collect it today and she approves. 

F7371C75-EC08-498E-A2E1-B47C52C7BA9F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2011 38,500miles black pack 

no idea if its an oil burner or whats been done.

was thinking of a cat back but maybe just middle box delete? 

Apr map once i can gaurentee its not an oil burner along with blow off valve (forge) and induction kit 

New denso spark plugs ready to fit.

vrs mats 

New head unit 

E2AEB160-07AE-42D2-ACD3-E464F3C05A3B.jpeg

Edited by GT0161

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, doesn't look like that atm with all the miles I do and the snow/salt on the road, looks like I've been rallying .

Have a few extras internally now as well, RDS330 with reverse camera, armreast, sunglasses holder and wired in dashcam

• 2 weeks later...

Had my VRS for 2 weeks

First reg March 2011, current mileage 55500

Colour Sprint Yellow (best colour imo)

Standard spec plus Electric Sliding/Tilting Sunroof, rear privacy glass. Climatronic.

Proposed improvements, retrofitted Cruise Control, Whiteline rear anti roll bar.

Update front and rear Skoda badges to Chrome/ Black

11ED4358-32B0-4F0C-B671-8E37E6D333AF.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Fitzwilliam said:

Had my VRS for 2 weeks

First reg March 2011, current mileage 55500

Colour Sprint Yellow (best colour imo)

Standard spec plus Electric Sliding/Tilting Sunroof, rear privacy glass. Climatronic.

Proposed improvements, retrofitted Cruise Control, Whiteline rear anti roll bar.

Update front and rear Skoda badges to Chrome/ Black

11ED4358-32B0-4F0C-B671-8E37E6D333AF.jpeg

Hope it serves you well.

That’s the first Fabia VRS I’ve seen with a sunroof!

25 minutes ago, jamescarroll said:

Hope it serves you well.

That’s the first Fabia VRS I’ve seen with a sunroof!

Thanks James, it appears to have been very well looked after, previous owner maintained it with a good degree of overkill, plenty of oil changes to engine and gearbox as well as numerous spark plug changes, did neglect brake fluid though, which I had changed yesterday, stops a lot more positive now.

Steve

Edited by Fitzwilliam

On 20/01/2019 at 15:46, GT0161 said:

2011 38,500miles black pack 

no idea if its an oil burner or whats been done.

was thinking of a cat back but maybe just middle box delete? 

Apr map once i can gaurentee its not an oil burner along with blow off valve (forge) and induction kit 

New denso spark plugs ready to fit.

vrs mats 

New head unit 

E2AEB160-07AE-42D2-ACD3-E464F3C05A3B.jpeg

I’d be interested to know your findings re: oil consumption, with mine being an 11 plate like yours although with a little more mileage, in relation to the mileage I’ve done since I’ve had mine it seems to be using about 0.4-0.5litres/1000 miles

2 hours ago, Fitzwilliam said:

I’d be interested to know your findings re: oil consumption, with mine being an 11 plate like yours although with a little more mileage, in relation to the mileage I’ve done since I’ve had mine it seems to be using about 0.4-0.5litres/1000 miles

Hi pal i have a post on here called help a vrs owner all my findings will be posted there mate 

1 hour ago, GT0161 said:

Hi pal i have a post on here called help a vrs owner all my findings will be posted there mate 

Thanks, I’ve read through the thread, btw what’s the logic behind leaving the sealing O ring off the oil filter ?

I think with regard to the oil consumption of the CAVE engine it’s just something that you have to get used to and not continually complain about, if you love driving the car and it does what you want it to, having to check and top up the oil every week or every couple of hundred miles is not really such a chore. When all’s said and done it’s an enthusiasts car, not just a boring get you from A to B machine, and the extra expense is pretty minimal providing you don’t buy your oil 1 litre at a time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fitzwilliam said:

I think with regard to the oil consumption of the CAVE engine it’s just something that you have to get used to and not continually complain about, if you love driving the car and it does what you want it to, having to check and top up the oil every week or every couple of hundred miles is not really such a chore. When all’s said and done it’s an enthusiasts car, not just a boring get you from A to B machine, and the extra expense is pretty minimal providing you don’t buy your oil 1 litre at a time.

After having a read on here it is concerning. The oil isnt much i ride bikes and top oil up as a chore. But and a bit but the oil consumption also leads to a lot more worrying problems. 

• Like 1

When all is said and done if you have an oil burner that is what you have.

They do not have to use excessive oil.

This is the vRS Register section.   Loads of oil threads including the one pinned up beside this thread.

Edited by Skoffski

2 hours ago, Skoffski said:

This is the vRS Register section.   Loads of oil threads including the one pinned up beside this thread.

It's all too easy to get side tracked but as Skoffski asks, please keep this thread on topic and use one of the other threads for oil related issues. :thumbup:

• Like 1