veeeerrrryyyy unhappy its half the ruddy car

beaumont_vrs

22 years old

2 years no claims

got 6 points back in 2007 (no longer on licence but still have to be claimed on insurance dont they ???????????????????

shipyard welder

parked securely blah blah

trying to find decent insurance

swapping from a 1997 bmw 318is to a skoda fabia vrs like 2005 2006 ish

i thought adrian flux are ment to be good ..............................not any more

3GRAND PREMIUMS N IT ONLY GOES UP FROM THERE

JEEZ STICKING WITH CHURCHILL WOULD BE CHEAPER

It pays to shop around every year with a clear outline what you wish to be covered for.

Insurance companies work in a cut-throat business, so if they can get your business, they will.

This years renewal premium which came through my letter-box for my car insurance was £460.00, with 'FORTIS' through 'ONE CALL'.

Went on-line and got insured with 'FORTIS' with the exact same cover for £260.00 ??? and it went through 'ONE CALL'

So £200.00 pound cheaper, how in good heavens, can that much difference be fairly justified ? especially with the same company.emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

for me Ady flux were bullsh.. wanted £4500 for my octy, settled at £3000 with brentacre, chris knott said they could budge significantly next year (if I don't write it off and get banned :smirk: .. no promises)

well the problem has been sorted swift cover to the rescue dun duun duuuuunnnnnn 780 pounds woooooo.

so ill go bk to work monday n continue nagging for my contract n get bk on to churchill n see how close they can get to that,

as they said over a grand today n my payments would go up n ill tell them ill walk otherwise that normally works

god i cant wait to get my lil fab wagon

might be a bit late but try flux direct, i am £1100 for my 06 Fabia vRS thats with breakdown cover and covers me in Europe etc, mind you thats only social and limited to 5000 miles per year any more that it would have went up by £500

i'm 21, passed my test in 2007

1 years no claims

2 charges DD40 in 2008 (dangerous driving) which i got banned for 1 year for with an extended resit and also an SP30 in 2009 (speeding).

hope this helps. ;)

THEN I JUST RED THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE!!! DOH!!

:p

Edited by andrew-ralston

• 2 months later...

for me Ady flux were bullsh.. wanted £4500 for my octy, settled at £3000 with brentacre, chris knott said they could budge significantly next year (if I don't write it off and get banned :smirk: .. no promises)

I know you posted this a while ago but """"HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!""""

I am with Adrian Flux £700ish fully comp 40K Business miles, 3 points, 1 accident, but I am 36 with 6 year NCB. November 2010.

• 1 month later...

Ive always had fast cars since I was 18 Evos, Scoobies, Focus Sts and RSs. Go on a insurance sponser on the internet group sites, they seem to give the best deals mate.

Also try Greenlight insurance

Tim

do they still insure fabia's? I know when I was with them they would only insure me still as I was a loyal customer.

Insurance this year is a joke! 33, 14 years protected NCB, no points and 1 non fault accident in 2008 (rear ended) the Octavia is coming out at just under £800...............which is an increase of over £200 on the previous years premium. The fabia is nearly £700 with 11 years NCB on it. (ncb built up as I've run 2 cars for a long time).

The fabia was just under £500 a year when it was re-mapped ffs!

And like above I've had prices of up £2600 for the octivia! Its a joke but not the funny kind.

Dont get me wrong I understand that with everything that has gone on over the last year and insurance companies have taken big hits and increases with VAT etc, but a £200+ increase is totally unacceptable after another year without a claim!

Now where has that lube gone?

My quote was £2,522 on a Octavia vRS.

Told them what mods it had one and that I own an forum - £1200.

Excellent.........which forum do you own? :)

Why are they all so high?

Im with adrian flux, im 22 and have 3 years no claims, all mods declared and i pay £550 for my octavia vRS :wonder:

Same question, 24, 2 NCD, all mods declared (which is rather alot!) and its £685 for me :wonder: x2

Im with adrian flux, im 22 and have 3 years no claims, all mods declared and i pay £550 for my octavia vRS :wonder:

flipping joke! Mine un-modded diesel if excess of £700

14 years NCB, no fault accidents and no points! Yes before anyways says it is my stupid postcode grrrrrr :thumbdown:

Tried AF and even though the lass was really friendly and helpful the answer was sorry we cannot help you.

I am honestly dissapointed that my insurance is as high as it is and this is all on standard non modd'd cars :thumbdown:

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for quotes right now for a MK1 Octy VRS.

Rang Adrian flux, I'm 22, 2 years no claims, the cars completely standard, got quoted £2000! and cheapest so far has been £1200..

I insure my old MK2 Golf GTI for £500 and its only 2 groups less! what the hell is going on?!?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Old thread alert!

However a year on, my renewal came from Flux £710 (so more than last year)

Rang them, and loads of others... finally after no doubt 2 hours on the phone back and forth (on my work mobile in work time so not to bad!) Flux decided to settle at £580...

So £100 off with a few more mods on since last year too.

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you guys getting quotes from?

I'm on the lookout for a Skoda/Octavia (previosly owned 3 classic minis, mk2 Golf, Polo and got a Seat Arosa for now)

Been gettin a few quotes for some Fabia Vrs' and they're coming out at £1,500-£2000. I'm 18, no no claims and a claim. (Still an on-going claim so they have to put it as a fault claim for now)

I know it's still a lot of money but my friends are paying 4 and 5k for 1.2 Fiesta's...