V7 maps for Columbus

Well here is the proof that some Doubting Thomas' wanted

Oh and it's not my Postcode btw i just know it is a 7 digit one

This is what you would normally have seen and then after this screen you would have been presented with a list of TN21 1 no's

2e5dee1c.jpg

However now you can enter in all 7 digits

8d91ab91.jpg

You then get this

71e3cee0.jpg

Then when you press that you then get the Select street etc screen. When you press select street you get this

a9dfd90b.jpg

And then you just select no. and away you go.

The info from the cdtoc file is

Continental Automotive GmbH

I IC RD G SW NM DB

Content

Volume: CD_7333

Date: 11.8.2010

db: EU(2009Q4)

Area: West Europe

Supplier: Navteq

Version: 505.20.942.9.84

Customer: 1627387139

Customer Info: VW

Features: V10

TPD: 2010087006

SVD:

TMC: 20100804

Phoneme: yes

DBAL: V5.18 V6.28 V7.20

Hope that clarifies things for some :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too can confirm that the V7 Maps work a treat, the 7 digit postcode search is the only thing I have ever missed on my Columbus that my previous Kenwood DNX7200 had and it works fantastically! :thumbup:

Edited by The Skud

I do hope also that my Snow Monster has v7 maps. It is at Emden waiting for a lift over here.emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

The map data are not installed at the factory, but supplied as a CD-ROM at the dealership, so make sure the dealer suplies the latest version.

The map data are not installed at the factory, but supplied as a CD-ROM at the dealership, so make sure the dealer suplies the latest version.

So a UK dealer should definetley have provided the software on a brand new car with Columbus and not just say 'its on the HDD'?

Edited by FocusZtec

So a UK dealer should definetley have provided the software on a brand new car with Columbus and not just say 'its on the HDD'?

From my experience, yes. Both the Superb demonstrators I borrowed had a VAG branded DVD style case containing the map disc in the glove-box.

The map data is licensed and I would have thought supplying physical discs is going to be the only sane way to track how many paid-for copies are in circulation.

Best regards

David

From my experience, yes. Both the Superb demonstrators I borrowed had a VAG branded DVD style case containing the map disc in the glove-box.

The map data is licensed and I would have thought supplying physical discs is going to be the only sane way to track how many paid-for copies are in circulation.

Best regards

David

Thats what I suspected. Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbup:

Thats what I suspected. Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbup:

No problem. :)

It will be interesting to see what version of the map software I get when my Superb is delivered on Wednesday. Fingers crossed it will be v7.

If not I will be tempted to return the disc to the dealer and request that they supply me with the most upto-date software. No doubt there will be howls of protest and claims that they have supplied the correct software etc, but I will stick to my guns. After having a 26 week wait this will be one of the marginal benefits of the current long lead-times.

Best regards

David

Interesting. I definately did not get any disk with mine - be interested to hear from others who did. I want to get vback to my dealer and ask him how much V7 costs. Does anyone know, please?

They are circa £220

Thanks for that. (OUCH - think i will put up with 5 figure codes for the time being! emoticon-0124-worried.gif ). I don't mind the Columbus, but it frankly doesnt cover all bases my old Tom Tom did for me - for that price I could buy all-singing Tom Tom, with cameras, road speed etc. Not that I want another SatNav in the cab, but still...

An interesting thread, and good news on the 7 digit postcodes. I guess my Superb, with a week 2 bw will have v7 maps installed at the dealer, but it's interesting to see that I'll need to keep an eye out for the actual disk, or chase the dealer for it (as I suppose they could "technically" sell it on, not that they would, of course!)

Silly question, but I seem to think I saw a thread some time back that said the full postcode search would only work with the latest firmware (can't find it now :no: ). Anyone confirm this is ok with older firmware units?

Good to hear that Carl spotted some of the new roads on it, it will be really helpful if the new stuff in North Yorkshire is finally on there :thumbup:

I wrote to my dealer after having got the car 3 wks ago and told hi there was no DVD. He said it must be an oversight and posted a brand new sealed one but it says Europe West (V6.1) on the back so I haven't opened it. Am guessing it should say V7

Useless bunch at Winchester Motor Company.

I wrote to my dealer after having got the car 3 wks ago and told hi there was no DVD. He said it must be an oversight and posted a brand new sealed one but it says Europe West (V6.1) on the back so I haven't opened it. Am guessing it should say V7

Useless bunch at Winchester Motor Company.

This is what you want:

3TO051859.jpg

Click the image for a larger version.

Best regards

David

Red light camera on the left and speed camera on right.

Only problem is that Ill spend all my time looking at the screen and not the road! :yes:

SDC12106.jpg

Edited by etskoda