Corsa chav lad treading on thin ice

Mr Ree

I've put up with listening to this absolute tool for the past 3 weeks, ragging (as best he can) his 3 cylinder 1.0 Corsa up and down our road at 50mph, boom boom box belting it out, when 30 is actually too fast for the road imo.

I know where he lives, (half a mile away) and am on the verge of going 'round there to have a quiet word. :swear:

He's the same age and went to the same school as young Ree, who knew him as the school class **** then even.

What do I do?

As above?

Ring the rozzers, or wait for him to wrap himself 'round a tree, hopefully without taking anyone else out?

Edited by Mr Ree

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've put up with listening to this absolute tool for the past 3 weeks, ragging (as best he can) his 3 cylinder 1.0 Corsa up and down our road at 50mph, boom boom box belting it out, when 30 is actually too fast for the road imo.

I know where he lives, (half a mile away) and am on the verge of going 'round there to have a quiet word. :swear:

He's the same age and went to the same school as young Ree, who knew him as the school class **** then even.

What do I do?

As above?

Ring the rozzers, or wait for him to wrap himself 'round a tree, hopefully without taking anyone else out?

If you've got a camera of sorts, film him booting it up the road and show it to the police after 2 or so occasions caught on tape. They probably can't action on the filmed speed (no real means of judging it accurately), but the noise and disruption it's causing might allow them to fire off a Section 59 on him.

Hope that helps,

MrNorm

Edited by Mrnorm

If you've got a camera of sorts, film him booting it up the road and show it to the police after 2 or so occasions caught on tape. They probably can't action on the filmed speed (no real means of judging it accurately), but the noise and disruption it's causing might allow them to fire off a Section 59 on him.

Hope that helps,

MrNorm

And, IIRC, if he gets caught again on a s59 - his car will be taken off him emoticon-0116-evilgrin.gif

Neighbourhood policing team? Know anyone in Traffic locally?

And, IIRC, if he gets caught again on a s59 - his car will be taken off him emoticon-0116-evilgrin.gif

Neighbourhood policing team? Know anyone in Traffic locally?

Ah yeah, forgot to mention that!

Good point about policing team.. If you know anyone else who is fed up with it, get them to film it, write a witness statement. It all helps!

Video & keep diary of when it happens - evidence is key. Keep neighbourhood policing team in the loop too. Maybe an anomamous letter to him detailing what you are doing and your thoughts may also help calm him down...

I had to look it up. :blush:

http://www.glass-uk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=267&Itemid=492

Now I seem to remember this being quoted to me last year, when I did actually ring the rozzer shop regarding another balloon head in a Corsa, that was driving around the village, including our road, with a highly illegal exhaust system.

It worked too, as everything went quiet after they'd had a 'word' with him. :thumbup:

A Section 59 warning may do the trick to wake him up. The second certainly would when his car ends up at the local Rota Garage. As stated above, keep a record of instances, written evidence would be enough to get the local NPT to at least pay some passing attention to your area.

Edited by willskoda

we used to have a tool that drove round like this on our road,

could hear him coming in his 1.4 rover,

this particular day i'd had enough so while getting the asda shopping out of the boot i could hear him so as he approached i decided to step out in front of him (crazy i know) but the look on his face (and the next door neighbours) was worth it! took him 50 yards or so to stop get out of his car and threaten to stab me :giggle: he soon got bk in his car when i dropped the shopping and ran for him!

lets just say i've not seen or heard him since!!

Edited by sivrs

I was gonna suggest something like that, step out with a pram or something in front of him (not so he hits you/it but so he has to stop and of course keeping yourself and out of the firing line!). See if the scare makes him slow down?

Otherwise try the above advice with the police etc.

Not actually heard our little chavvy wannabe racing driver since I posted this thread.

P'raps he's come to a sticky end?

Talking of these kids in Corsa's, I've read about 2 being involved in fatal crashes around this region within the last week.

When will they learn that they are NOT actually imortal?

Mr Ree - very sympathetic - I've got a young idiot across the road . He's now on car no 6 . Now on car no 3 , I noticed a tyre with a bulge on sidewall(nearside front), so had a quite chat with his mum . Tyre did get changed ( to , off side front, away from my view).Couple of weeks later , I got a shower of invective /abuse screamed at me . Now , I'd just report young idiot with bulged tyre and let traffic sort him out . My advice was given as a long term driver trying to stop newbie getting licence taken off him.

Mr Ree - very sympathetic - I've got a young idiot across the road . He's now on car no 6 . Now on car no 3 , I noticed a tyre with a bulge on sidewall(nearside front), so had a quite chat with his mum . Tyre did get changed ( to , off side front, away from my view).Couple of weeks later , I got a shower of invective /abuse screamed at me . Now , I'd just report young idiot with bulged tyre and let traffic sort him out . My advice was given as a long term driver trying to stop newbie getting licence taken off him.

That is quite staggeringly horrendous.

You try to possibly save his life in essence, and you get a load of abuse!!

My sis in laws son is about to take his test again next week.

Failed last time for attempting to answer his mobile would you believe! :no:

Also not giving way.

He's one cocky big headed little get, always has been, and I have predicted to Mrs Ree that he'll wrap his first car up within 2 months of ownership.

I sincerley hope I'm wrong for his mothers sake, but it's got 'accident waiting to happen' written all over it.

We had a similar situation near where we live with continual speeding so to stop him his Mum bought him a motorbike. Within a fortnight the teenager was dead and the road now has speed bumps.

Tragic that, but predictable.

Have you ever wondered why we don't see the rozzers operating ANPR cameras and speed traps at night time when these scallies are out and about, ragging around the local area?

Yes, I have too. :dull:

I just thought there were no mobile cameras about at night because of the darkness affecting the pictures... :| Presumably they couldnt use flashes on oncoming traffic.

What an oblivious, simple world I must live in mentally :rofl:

Edited by Rhoobarb

I just thought there were no mobile cameras about at night because of the darkness affecting the pictures... :| Presumably they couldnt use flashes on oncoming traffic.

What an oblivious, simple world I must live in mentally :rofl:

No, I believe that with infra red technology, darkness no longer effects the use of such equipment.

Static cameras still flash behind you, but Truvelo's use infra red iirc, and the flash towards you is well toned down apparently.

I wouldn't know though cus I always stick to the speed limit....cough. B)

P'raps we have a resident rozzzer or two in here that could fill us all in on the finer details?

Edited by Mr Ree

Video & keep diary of when it happens - evidence is key. Keep neighbourhood policing team in the loop too. Maybe an anomamous letter to him detailing what you are doing and your thoughts may also help calm him down...

if you can video him on the sly, the police can work out his speed, using the distance of certain pointsd and the time he takes to reach them, so he is easily prosecutable if he is speeding.

The most entertaining thread i have read in a while.

I was the corsa lad for my first two years of driving(except i had the 1.2 16v a whole65bhp to play with), i had a silly noisy exhaust because it made people look at me, i drove around at **mph everywhere and in total had no less than 8 Section 59's costing me a total £815 worth of fines, i knew better than everyone else on the road especially the police and of course didn't deserve any of the section 59's or at least thats what i thought at the time.

I never did have any bad crashes or ever get any points or get banned i just matured. nowadays if i drove a corsa the last thing i would want to do is put a noisy exhaust on to draw attention to myself.

wierd how people change, i would like to think that at least 50% of members were that corsa lad at some point but we have just all matured.

if you can video him on the sly, the police can work out his speed, using the distance of certain pointsd and the time he takes to reach them, so he is easily prosecutable if he is speeding.

A standard video camera is not a home office approved device, so can't be used for the purposes of prosecution for speeding. Could be used for a s59 though I would have thought.

The immature side of me would want to sabotage his car in some way; pour milk into his fuel tank or something, however writing to the police is the right thing to do, surely there must be neighbours that would be willing to support you, the greater the support and the more complaints the more the police can do.

The most entertaining thread i have read in a while.

I was the corsa lad for my first two years of driving(except i had the 1.2 16v a whole65bhp to play with), i had a silly noisy exhaust because it made people look at me, i drove around at **mph everywhere and in total had no less than 8 Section 59's costing me a total £815 worth of fines, i knew better than everyone else on the road especially the police and of course didn't deserve any of the section 59's or at least thats what i thought at the time.

I never did have any bad crashes or ever get any points or get banned i just matured. nowadays if i drove a corsa the last thing i would want to do is put a noisy exhaust on to draw attention to myself.

wierd how people change, i would like to think that at least 50% of members were that corsa lad at some point but we have just all matured.

Skellington in the cupboard revealed!

Bravo young fellah for having the bottle to admit your past misdeameaners (sp) publicly .

Me?

I was just perfect in every way when I was a yoiungster, cough. :thumbup:

Edited by Mr Ree

A standard video camera is not a home office approved device, so can't be used for the purposes of prosecution for speeding. Could be used for a s59 though I would have thought.

are you sure, a guy on he GTI forum recieved a 2 year ban from footage he posted on youtube of him racing an RS4. they used that exact same method i said in my post to prosecute him. it was also on the traffic cop program where they said how they built up the case to prosecute