Snow Monsters Ready?....

fenboy

Hi all,

just come through a blizzard on the Wold top at Garrowby Hill followed by a semi controlled crash into the verge coming into Fridaythorpe, as the Furby I had 0% grip :o on the downhill run into the village.

Just looked out the window now and guess what :rofl: Oh for a Pat-Monster :giggle: barking mad :D

Regards,

TP

I had to negotiate a puddle with a slight covering of ice in South London. Does that count? I've got a tame, urban Yeti but interested to see how the wild Yeti's cope with proper weather. Pretty good I imagine.

My monster is NOT ready!!! Eeck! The dealer has three rims and four tyres. So I'm still waiting for my last one to be finished and then I will go and pick it up. I can't wait!

Got the winter tyres on, heated seats warmed up and off road button engaged....

... and the realistic chances of seeing any snow this weekend where I live?! Probably zero! emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif

Hi Focus,

should have been in Driffield this morning then emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Regards,

TP

Hi all,

just come through a blizzard on the Wold top at Garrowby Hill followed by a semi controlled crash into the verge coming into Fridaythorpe, as the Furby I had 0% grip :o on the downhill run into the village.

Just looked out the window now and guess what :rofl: Oh for a Pat-Monster :giggle: barking mad :D

Regards,

TP

aint garrowby hill fun in snow tim ;) ...

Lots of snow here in Geordieland! My 2WD coped just fine even on icy back roads. Although I when I hit the brakes all the snow on the roof slid down onto the windscreen and the wipers struggled a bit with the weight.

I just got home from doing school run and taking the huskies out in a blizzard. My legs are now defrosting :(

I'm not looking forward to snow at all. I only have a 2WD Yeti,so its not really a SM :( Roads round here are hardly ever treated properly and its positively dangerous with all the chavs round here with egos many times bigger than their skill and care. So if I have to go out in my Yeti on the icy roads, I shall be careful.

I'm not looking forward to snow at all. I only have a 2WD Yeti,so its not really a SM emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif Roads round here are hardly ever treated properly and its positively dangerous with all the chavs round here with egos many times bigger than their skill and care. So if I have to go out in my Yeti on the icy roads, I shall be careful.

Loadswine: between all the numerous winter tyre threads you will find one nugget which I distinctly remember (but can't locate now) and which changed my mind to get winter tyres: the story was told of how someone saw a Land Rover stuck trying to go up an icy road and then a 2WD VW Golf came past and roared up said road without a problem. It had winter tyres on. You will be amazed at what your Snow Monster can do with the right tyres. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Loadswine: between all the numerous winter tyre threads you will find one nugget which I distinctly remember (but can't locate now) and which changed my mind to get winter tyres: the story was told of how someone saw a Land Rover stuck trying to go up an icy road and then a 2WD VW Golf came past and roared up said road without a problem. It had winter tyres on. You will be amazed at what your Snow Monster can do with the right tyres. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Hey Johann,

So, you've got it and just waiting for winters tyres now? Yeti is in one piece, right? Hope so! Decided I can't afford the winter tyre option but will get some snow socks for emergencies. Hope I don't regret it.

Just had 5 Vreidstein Quatrac 3 205/60/15 All Season put on my DSG Octy Estate. Think my local tyre men got them from my tyres not sure if they do them in sizes for Yeti. Delivered in less than a week from Germany. Look chunky and drove fine down to London and back yesterday on dry motorwaybe interesting to see how they go on over the winter and hopefully a good compromise on two sets @ £80 each fitted. Mud&Snow rated and good for my annual business trip to Southern Germany in January. Should outlast the car till chanege time (done 85000) test driving a DSG diesel YETI on Saturday and might have on around June time!

Anyone want to test their cars out, feel free to join me in Northumberland. My wife took the Yeti this morning but I have reclaimed it for the journey home, it is mine after all!! I'd like to say I am looking forward to it but I don't enjoy snow and ice and whilst the Yeti should help me I know there are still limitations. Half of my journey will be on untreated roads and one section is on a raised road with small drops either side so any sliding around is not fun. It is exactly why I bought the Yeti though so I will hopefully not be as stressed out as last year.

Just had 5 Vreidstein Quatrac 3 205/60/15 All Season put on my DSG Octy Estate. Think my local tyre men got them from my tyres not sure if they do them in sizes for Yeti. Delivered in less than a week from Germany. Look chunky and drove fine down to London and back yesterday on dry motorwaybe interesting to see how they go on over the winter and hopefully a good compromise on two sets @ £80 each fitted. Mud&Snow rated and good for my annual business trip to Southern Germany in January. Should outlast the car till chanege time (done 85000) test driving a DSG diesel YETI on Saturday and might have on around June time!

I'd love to know how you get on with these. I'm thinking of getting some for mine when I need a new set. The dealer put new tyres on mine when I bought it a few weeks ago, so I can't justify changing them for this winter. At least they are 7-8mm all round, even if they are summer tyres.

That might be me this afternoon! except the Candy white will be a tad camo against the white stuff. For some obscure reason the Fuhrers running club has booked a weekend away in Harrogate so Iwill be tootling off up the M62 there this afternoon.

Now I like Harrogate well enough but Manchester is free from snow at the moment and even though I have winter boots on 'Snowy' it does seem a little foolhardy in deliberately driving into an area where there have been issues shall we say :wonder:

Thanks!

It's actually not that much cappuccino, I would have preferred some more brown in the color - it's actuallt quite close to silver. But the color is very practical as the road dirt is not really visible (as this picture shows, car looks clean and shiny but in reality I have been driving for 3 weeks in various grades of rain, snow and salt).

I don't really know how much snow to expect here in Souther Finland. Last year we got over one meter, so I guess it will be less than that. With the snow we have got so far (~7 inch) I have already come to appreciate the higher ground clearance when the snow starts building up on the roads. The 2WD is really sufficient if you don't need to get out and about in the countryside where there are no snowplows to be seen anywhere, the added ground clearance is enough to get you through the city streets!