Washer jets not spraying

Good afternoon all,

I drive a Skoda fabia estate 1.9Tdi on a 58 plate.

On my way to work today I went to wash my windscreen and was a bit disappointed they didn't work! The wiper blades themselves were going across no problem smearing all of the road dirt into the screen!!! The rear wiper blade again goes across no problem but the sprayer does not work.

When I pull the stork to spray my windscreen I can hear no noise at all from the pump. I have looked in my manual and had a look at fuse number 26 which it states controls "Heatable windscreen washing nozzles, Windscreen cleaning system" and it all seemed ok, To be on the safe side I changed the fuse anyway but no joy. Am I missing something in the manual or would my worse thought ie new pump be the probable cause?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Smith

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the answers and ChrisRs I tried it and poured hot water down the jets themselves this initially cleared it and I was able to wash the screen! hooray only for the screen to immediately freeze over! Doh.

I have now got hold of some decent screen wash and will be putting this in as they just refroze on my drive home so will have to do the same tomorrow but the good news is the stuff I now have states -70 degrees so if it freezes I will be very worried!!

Cheers again for all the help.

Guest Tsi Fly

Years gone by we used to do a mod with copper brake pipe coiled around a heater hose and then cut and route the screen wash pipe the copper coil, instant hot screen wash. That and a good quality winter screen wash solution worked a treat.

mine stopped working cant hear motor working checked fuses none blown water in top of bottle not frozen any clues?

I have the same issue.

Swapped fuse yesterday all fine then this a.m. no joy.

I'm going to try to flush the system and refill with good screen wash - unless someone can suggest what could be causing the washer pump to keep blowing fuses? Could it just be the cold as I can't hear the pump even "trying"

David, did you change fuses or just defrost the nozzles?

Edited by sharksworth

Sharksworth, In the end it was just the actual jets themselves that were frozen and the cup of hot water did the trick, Shame I never tried this first as I would have saved £3.50 on fuses! I have picked up some screen wash from a local Audi dealership and this seems to have now prevented the freezing because it is good till -70c so if it freezes I dont think I will have to worry about driving anywhere. The Decosol that people have mentioned I have found you can get it from a well known motor shop that begins with a H (not sure if I can name stores)

Again thanks for all the help and answers

David

• Like 1

Dont use anything other than genuine skoda screen wash in the fan jets and you will be fine. I used to get blocked jets frequently until I made the switch. It is actually around the same price as other brands but is more of a hassle to get.

Water frozen in screen wash tank, guess I should have put neat screen wash in before the bad weather came. Wipers not working either, owners manual says fuse no.41 (FRONT WINDOW WIPER -20A) checked it ok, read someone else,s blog and thanks changed fuse no.15 (HEAD LIGHT CLEANING SYSTEM, WINDOW WIPER -10A). Worked a treat, wipers working again. Just got to defrost the screen wash bottle now.

• Like 1

I got some neat screenwash into mine last week, but it can't have been that strong as I'm pretty sure it is now frozen in the bottle :( The pump motor isn't working (frozen), so I'll have to see how I can thaw out the bottle, try and drain it and get some really strong screenwash instead.

I bought some screen wash fluid, got it home and cracked out laughing....read the label, it only works down to -5 apparantly :rofl::rofl: not much use in regular -9 to -11 we have been having round here lately

I bought some screen wash fluid, got it home and cracked out laughing....read the label, it only works down to -5 apparantly :rofl::rofl: not much use in regular -9 to -11 we have been having round here lately

Put in 2 lots of it -5 and -5 = -10, should be ok then :rofl::giggle::giggle: