Aero Wipers

dont know if this should be in my performance or maintenance as i'm not wanting to change them for a mod for mod's sake more that they need changing and i wanted to upgrade/change the wipers for something different/better.

So.

Where do i get them from, how much and whats the car they are made for or whats the p/n ??

Thanks in advance and mods feel free to move accordingly.

Probably been better in the Octavia section, personally, but here you go.

To get them, either brand new from a VW dealer as they were not fitted to the MK1 Octavia, or to a VW breakers yard.

The car you need would probably be the Mk4 Golf, although the Passat wipers might fit and even the current Polo. SKoda wise check out the Superb ones or even the Octavia Mk2 as they might.

Before you do anything though, measure the lengths of your wipers with the blades on from the spindle end of the wiper arm to the far end of the wiper to see how long you need.

The Octavia should manage a straight swap for it, unlike the Fabia, which needs to have the arms butchered.

so the aero wipers are the whole arm and everything??

i thought it would just be the actual wiper on the end...lol

i thought i read on here JHM Butts do them... anyone know?

Areo wiper blades are a complete part (blade end..not including arm), which just pivot on a pin, and just slide on or off depending on how the blade is in relation to the arm...you would therefore need new arms as well.

2 new blades cost me

They have a lower profile, but because they also have a rubber fin the whole length of the blade and no metal assembly they give a much better and complete sweep without any pressure lines as well as pressing better against the glass when at speed.

• 4 months later...
Don't need to change the arms or anything!

It's not the same!

There is an optical difference between the original aerotwins and the aero wipers you can use with the original arms.

Regards...Kromi

FRONT

29k.jpg

1J1 955 425A

1J1 955 426A

1J1 955 409D

1J1 955 410D

These numbers are only for cars with steering wheel on the left side!

REAR

32k.jpg

1T0 955 707 A

6Q6 955 425 A

1Z9 955 435

Another Pics on my Nickpage...

Regards...Kromi

KROMI , some nice bits of kit in the pictures , where did you get the BOONRATH LIFTERS FROM and how much is the price , are they direct from Germany .

• 2 years later...

Have just acquired some aero wiper blades and arms for my '05 Superb. But can I get the old ones off??? No I can't!

Have followed the above instructions as well as I can but they won't budge and I don't want to damage anything by using too much brute force.

Any more tips would be appreciated. Might I need some sort of puller?

Cheers,

Rob