My Fab 1.2 TSI Ambient

So, after more than four months of waiting my Skoda Fabia has finally arrived. It is here more than 10 days and I have crossed more than 1500km.

Engine is 1.2TSI 105, 5-speed manual gearbox, Ambient trim level (ABS, power steering, electric front windows, electric mirrors with heating, Climatic, 4 speakers, 15" steel wheels, etc. tinted window, )

I am very pleased with the car, it is my first brand new car and first Skoda, the engine performance is outstanding, I couldn't imagine that it is so powerful and with so much torque right at very low rpm (1700-1800), i never went over 4000rpm but still didn't have the need for such thing. The car has great handling, it is really good in tight turns, very comfortable and very satisfying by any means. I was wondering which is the best oil for 1.2TSI engine? I'll upload the images soon, I forgot my imageshack password :giggle:

FabFr.jpg

Rear.jpg

FabI.jpg

Dash.jpg

19112010212.jpg

TSI.jpg

UrosE72474.jpg

Edited by Uro? TSI

So, after more than four months of waiting my Skoda Fabia has finally arrived. It is here more than 10 days and I have crossed more than 1500km.

Engine is 1.2TSI 105, 5-speed manual gearbox, Ambient trim level (ABS, power steering, electric front windows, electric mirrors with heating, Climatic, 4 speakers, 15" steel wheels, etc. tinted window, )

I am very pleased with the car, it is my first brand new car and first Skoda, the engine performance is outstanding, I couldn't imagine that it is so powerful and with so much torque right at very low rpm (1700-1800), i never went over 4000rpm but still didn't have the need for such thing. The car has great handling, it is really good in tight turns, very comfortable and very satisfying by any means. I was wondering which is the best oil for 1.2TSI engine? I'll upload the images soon, I forgot my imageshack password :giggle:

FabFr.jpg

Rear.jpg

FabI.jpg

Dash.jpg

19112010212.jpg

TSI.jpg

UrosE72474.jpg

why no bloody engine cover,thats disgraceful why have skoda done this,hope mine does come with an engine cover!.elegance spec,nice looking car though but looks unfinished without the cover:wonder:

Hi

I am waiting for my fabia too.. (Fabia Combi Active 1.2 TSI DSG).. - Dont get it before week 14-15 I think..

Yust a short question.. u know why your maxi-dot is "half" of the normal size? and u are missing the two extra instruments? (think its oil-temp and fuel-level)..

Check this video:

Are the instruments changed from skoda lately?

Welcome Uros, nice colour! the TSi is an awesome engine, I love mine :D

why no bloody engine cover,thats disgraceful why have skoda done this,hope mine does come with an engine cover!.elegance spec,nice looking car though but looks unfinished without the cover:wonder:

It won't, mine has no cover either. It really doesn't bother me. :)

I am waiting for my fabia too.. (Fabia Combi Active 1.2 TSI DSG).. - Dont get it before week 14-15 I think..

Yust a short question.. u know why your maxi-dot is "half" of the normal size? and u are missing the two extra instruments? (think its oil-temp and fuel-level)..

That isn't maxidot, it's the standard display. Maxidot adds coolant temperature and fuel gauges, and the display is nicer. Maxidot is only standard on the top spec, on the lower cars it's an option.

Edited by Mike Wrightson
  • Like 1

That isn't maxidot, it's the standard display. Maxidot adds coolant temperature and fuel gauges, and the display is nicer. Maxidot is only standard on the top spec, on the lower cars it's an option.

Oki :) thats nice to know

Thanks guys, the next thing I'm planning is to put white or silver metallic foil on the roof(very soon) and dark foil on rear windows to darken them up a little bit more. And in spring I'm looking forward to buying original Skoda alloys, probably 15" Antares or 16" Comet. Later next year I will try to buy original Skoda radio CD player, now I have an aftermarket Pioneer radio CD .mp3 which is good but the light is red and the rest is green and I am very big fan of stock factory look in every car. And soon I will fut 4 more speaker in the rear doors. Since I already crossed more than 1500 km I was wondering about the oil and oil filter change, they told me that the first service is 10000 miles but should I just change the oil now that I have done withe breaking the engine in?

And can anyone please tell me which oil is best to use? And about maxidot, yeah I know, I should order maxidot, it is much nicer, the light is white, and it look like much more expensive car, but now I dont mind, I love my Fab. And sometimes, the engine is working uneven in idle after a cold start, it does not rattle but I can feel the vibrations, what should I do, after I get going the problem disappears and occurs very rare when engine got it's working temperature. Thanks a lot once again gyus.

Edited by Uro? TSI

FabFr.jpg

Rear.jpg

FabI.jpg

Dash.jpg

19112010212.jpg

TSI.jpg

UrosE72474.jpg

Nice

I also dont mind the lack of engine cover, in fact this is more old school, back to basics look. I wont be driving around with the hood open :D

But the engine cover is not just for show,its there for soundproofing also I have the 3 cylinder fabia and it came without the engine cover,however I fitted one and it does stop a lot of the engine noise,I am purchasing the top spec elegance I will make sure if it does not come ready fitted the dealer will have to fit or the car will stay there until they do!:devil:

The TSI is silent it really doesn't need the engine cover for sound proofing. I suspect your car will be in the dealers a long time as i doubt they make an engine cover for it.

Mine doesn't have a cover the only reason wish it did have one would be to cover all of the VW badges on it, cheapens the car a lot.....

And sometimes, the engine is working uneven in idle after a cold start, it does not rattle but I can feel the vibrations, what should I do, after I get going the problem disappears and occurs very rare when engine got it's working temperature.

Don't worry about that, when it's really cold like this, engines don't like it. It may seem a little rougher while it warms up. It won't be a problem in warmer weather. :)

But the engine cover is not just for show,its there for soundproofing also I have the 3 cylinder fabia and it came without the engine cover,however I fitted one and it does stop a lot of the engine noise,I am purchasing the top spec elegance I will make sure if it does not come ready fitted the dealer will have to fit or the car will stay there until they do!:devil:

You'll be waiting quite a while then, there isn't an engine cover for the TSI :giggle: It's massively quieter than the 3cyl engine.

Don't worry about that, when it's really cold like this, engines don't like it. It may seem a little rougher while it warms up. It won't be a problem in warmer weather. :)

You'll be waiting quite a while then, there isn't an engine cover for the TSI :giggle: It's massively quieter than the 3cyl engine.

Hi not getting fabia which drinks the fuel of satan,I am getting a diesel one the 1.6cr tdi 105bhp so please don't tell me the diesels dont come without a cover:p

Now I'm browsing through the Fabia II owners forum and I don't see any of the forum members cars presented, and I was wondering, in my country every forum has a "Forum members cars - Garage" section where each member presents his car like I did in my thread, but I can't find it on briskoda.net? Can anyone direct me? Thanks

Hi there,

my 1.2 Tsi Roomster lacks of the engine cover too. But i have a minor issue with my car so you are kindly requested to read here my issue, then check and try it to your car and please inform me by replying.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Uros Tsi, I really like the body color of your Fabia.

Thanks guys, the next thing I'm planning is to put white or silver metallic foil on the roof(very soon) and dark foil on rear windows to darken them up a little bit more. And in spring I'm looking forward to buying original Skoda alloys, probably 15" Antares or 16" Comet. Later next year I will try to buy original Skoda radio CD player, now I have an aftermarket Pioneer radio CD .mp3 which is good but the light is red and the rest is green and I am very big fan of stock factory look in every car. And soon I will fut 4 more speaker in the rear doors. Since I already crossed more than 1500 km I was wondering about the oil and oil filter change, they told me that the first service is 10000 miles but should I just change the oil now that I have done withe breaking the engine in?

Dear Uros TSI my dealer stopped me from changing oil at 2000 Km and told to wait for the 15.000Km to perform an oil and filter change. My roomster is fitted with a Blues mp3 radio cd stock unit. As about the alloys i prefer 15" due to economy reasons.

And can anyone please tell me which oil is best to use? And about maxidot, yeah I know, I should order maxidot, it is much nicer, the light is white, and it look like much more expensive car, but now I dont mind, I love my Fab. And sometimes, the engine is working uneven in idle after a cold start, it does not rattle but I can feel the vibrations, what should I do, after I get going the problem disappears and occurs very rare when engine got it's working temperature. Thanks a lot once again gyus.

For the uneven and rattling cold start take a look here. But now after five months and 9.084 km on clock, my car sporadically does not perform a cold start but it is no more uneven or rattling. I topped up 300 grammars of oil at 6.200 Km and i think it may need about 200 grammars more. The mean fuel consumption is 6.5 since the first day.

The oil you need is VW 502 spec. :thumbup:

It depends on the service schedule of the car. Also VW 504 - 507 can be used. The best way to figure out is to read the owner's manual.