Emergency Services Octy VRSs

I seem to be seeing loads of emergency services Octavia VRSs recently. In the last week I've seen:

London City Police Car (near London Bridge)

London Air Ambulance (number plate RE05 CUE I think) in the City

Unmarked Silver Police VRS (Doing about 120mph on the A27 West near Portsmouth with the flashing lights on)

All pre FL.

Any other sightings to share?

I seem to be seeing loads of emergency services Octavia VRSs recently. In the last week I've seen:

Unmarked Silver Police VRS (Doing about 120mph on the A27 West near Portsmouth with the flashing lights on)

All pre FL.

Does the Air Ambulance one have wings or a can of red bull on the roof? :-)

All pre FL.

Hants police also have an unmarked race blue FL vRS hatch which I've seen several times on the M27 (usually on the hard shoulder having bagged a "customer"). My son is a police response driver in Cambs and they have a couple of new 1.9 PD FL estates on the fleet. He's had 125 out of one of them on the way to a shout on the A14, although he said it took ages to get there! Quite impressive since they are only supposed to go about 115 aren't they? It's not speedo overread either as the plod's are calibrated, plus he had his satnav up.

I remember Leicestershire used to use Mk1 VRS's as undercover and pursuit cars, they were the reason I gained an interest in Skodas, you cant get much of a better recommendation than the emergency services, same reason I got my old Volvo 850.

See loads of Octy estate ambulances here, at least every day or so. Im pretty sure the local PD use them too.

Hi BTP had some as well.

These will be the last as skoda are not on the list of approved vehicles for police to use

That's interesting as I've seen some favourable official police assessments of various current Skoda models on the web. Who decides what's on the list?

I remember Leicestershire used to use Mk1 VRS's as undercover and pursuit cars, they were the reason I gained an interest in Skodas, you cant get much of a better recommendation than the emergency services, same reason I got my old Volvo 850.

See loads of Octy estate ambulances here, at least every day or so. Im pretty sure the local PD use them too.

I saw 2 silver VRS's ( a FL in uniform and a pre-FL in plain clothes) coming out of the Narborough plod shop this morning.

cambs police love them, reguarly see loads of them out the back of peterborough dealer

They also recently took delivery of a couple of V6 4x4 Supurb saloons too which you will see around peterborough B)

Our service has been looking at Scouts to replace our Focus estates as Paramedic rapid response vehicles. The amount of weight in the boot causes problems for FWD cars, hence looking at Scouts. They've been put back though..... :S

Skoda is very much on the list and down here all the new ambulance cars (10 reg on) are FL Scouts (and they look ace). We would have them as Police cars as well as we have had down here before for the likes of Traffic, ARV etc but BMW have insisted on exclusivity and Ford supply pandas so the Skodas are being sold off.

An unmarked Police car? If it is unmarked then how did you know it was a Police car............

Anthracite vRS - unmarked, with behind grille blue lights, headlight flashers and siren fitted - not a Police car though..................I know of a silver Focus similarly fitted and a different emergency service than mine. Unmarked does not mean Police. You will only know if you get pulled over by it.

Edited by fireftrm

An unmarked Police car? If it is unmarked then how did you know it was a Police car............

Anthracite vRS - unmarked, with behind grille blue lights, headlight flashers and siren fitted - not a Police car though..................I know of a silver Focus similarly fitted and a different emergency service than mine. Unmarked does not mean Police. You will only know if you get pulled over by it.

You are being very mysterious.....if it wasn't police I hope the driver of the car I saw has had adequate training to drive at the kind of speed he was doing and had adequate justification.

Edited by juan27