Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

I know the feeling. There's been only one other around here for a time, but I have had no response at all from a cheery wave. Now we have another, a double for mine, and I passed it backing into its house drive today. I gave a hearty wave and thumbs up, and received back a look of total disdain and astonishment. How strange. For years I drove Defenders, and the LR Defender folk almost without exception acknowledge each other on the road - it's a good feeling of camaraderie - Yeti's are far more exclusive than LR-Ds around here, and you would think folk would be pleased to say 'hi'. There you go...

I know the feeling. There's been only one other around here for a time, but I have had no response at all from a cheery wave. Now we have another, a double for mine, and I passed it backing into its house drive today. I gave a hearty wave and thumbs up, and received back a look of total disdain and astonishment. How strange. For years I drove Defenders, and the LR Defender folk almost without exception acknowledge each other on the road - it's a good feeling of camaraderie - Yeti's are far more exclusive than LR-Ds around here, and you would think folk would be pleased to say 'hi'. There you go...

Unfortunately there is too large a demographic buying the Yeti, lots of humourless people, the same as happened to motorcycles, time was you would all wave to each other now there are so many weekend bikers who are so far up themselves to wave to total strangers.

We drove from Edinburgh to Herefordshire over yesterday and today and were surprised to see only two Yetis in over six hours of driving. One was within an hour of leaving Edinburgh, in ?muscovado? (beige, anyway) northbound on the A701. The other was within less than a mile of our destination, in red eastbound on the A44 entering Leominster. Anyone on here recognise themselves?

Edited by ejstubbs

The other was within less than a mile of our destination, in red eastbound on the A44 entering Leominster. Anyone on here recognise themselves?

Depending on what time that was in Leominster it was potentially my wife on her way home. Wasn't a very dirty Muscavado one was it?

We drove from London to Lincolnshire this weekend (in the V5 since its battery was getting a bit drowsy) and then to near Coventry and back. Saw the grand total of two Yetis going up on Saturday and only ONE on the way back! By contrast we saw SEVEN Audi A2s going up and also just one coming back. See we always do a competition to count A2s and Yetis and each person in the car has to guess how many we'll see (on long trips). Keeps us awake.

The V5 has normal rubber and how quiet they are too! Can't wait to rid the Yeti of the noisy winter rubber. And oh to have a Yeti with a five cylinder engine!!! (that super dooper new Audi one will do me nicely thank you VAG) Wow that V5 purrs when you put pedal to the metal! But if you do it DRINKS! Yikes. 6mpg indicated! hehehe Though all in all average of 30mpg which is not bad for a fuel hungry 2,3 litre Tiptronic automatic doing 80 indicated all the way.

Went to Harrogate at the weekend and there was a Silver/Aqua Blue Yeti sat on someones drive on the main road into Harrogate just before you reach the centre, close to the football club I seem to remember. I think it was a 59 plate. Anyone?

Depending on what time that was in Leominster it was potentially my wife on her way home. Wasn't a very dirty Muscavado one was it?

No, the one heading in to Leominster was definitely red. I did think of you when I saw it but later realised that it was the wrong colour.

Saw a grand total of one more Yeti on the way back to Edinburgh today, a silver one as we were heading out of Hope Bowdler towards Much Wenlock. We were only going that way because the A49 north from Church Stretton was closed with no explanation offered and no advance warning before you got to the traffic lights. Grrr!

I went to Mount Vernon Hospital this afternoon and, on leaving around 4:20pm, a couple of cars ahead of me a Muscovado Yeti turned right out of White Hill onto the A404 heading towards Northwood. I then turned left towards Rickmansworth.

It was distinctive with steel wheels (no covers, so winter tyres?) and a golf ball sized bobble on the tip of the radio aerial.

what you need to reach the middle of the roof is a pole with a brush.

or a pair of poles with brushes. one for each side. gets the job done twice as quick :giggle:

Or even 2 poles, one with a brush and one with the bucket and sponge ! :rofl:

4 fresh yetis in Watford/Chorleywood area this week.

I went to Mount Vernon Hospital this afternoon and, on leaving around 4:20pm, a couple of cars ahead of me a Muscovado Yeti turned right out of White Hill onto the A404 heading towards Northwood. I then turned left towards Rickmansworth.

It was distinctive with steel wheels (no covers, so winter tyres?) and a golf ball sized bobble on the tip of the radio aerial.

I've seen this one around Northwood several times. My new 11 plate Pacific Blue SM is one of I think three round here!

Capuccino Yeti seen in local Tesco(Shoreham)this morning. HV***** fitted with fixed towbar. Was it anyone here? Followed it from Upper Beeding but lost it in carpark.

Fred

Saw two Yeti's in Lagos, Portugal in the last two weeks. One Silver the other Grey, both very clean. Couldn't get the camera from the bag quick enough to take pics, sorry.. :)

Now back from our cross UK jaunt and only 3 Yeti's seen, all on the way back today.

#1 at the western end of the A14, blue in colour. We flashed and then overtook and got a very energetic wave from the lady driving.

#2 as we went onto the M54 from the M6. They were east bound.

#3 near the Shrewsbury end of the A5/M54, another Muscavado one who overtook me and waved.

Not a problem. Don't think I went over 65 for more than a couple of miles. I was driving to preserve fuel and money!!

We did the whole journey, from here to near Ipswich and back on one tank of fuel!! Maxidot average was 52.6!!