Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

seen lots driving around St Albans but never in my own yeti.

so really chuffed to have spotted a black magic this afternoon by waitrose.

anyone on here i wonder?

Yeti spotting - result! I couldn't resist sharing these 2 clips:

(i) with the Swedish title "the Yeti suitable as a rally race car?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eo9_zF9WYI

Ignore the herdyherdyherdy, note the dry-cool look of the rally driver, while the navigator must have missed breakfast ...

Enjoy!! B)

Is that the original "Stig"? ;)

Apart from mine, there is one other, a black/dark grey 1.8 TSi here in Duns, plus a red one in nearby Preston Village.

I've been asked about it many times since I got mine last August, loads of folks wanting to know all about them. We could do with a full dealership here in the Borders, closest ones are in Edinburgh, Cramlington, Northumberland or Carlisle. Plenty of Octys & Fabias hereabouts, so there must be enough business, several of our friends have Octys.

Keep your eyes open, aqua blue Elegance on a personal plate, often in & around Berwick, Kelso & next week, off down to Spalding, Ipswitch & Nottingham for a few days, but will aslo be in Edinburgh on Sunday for the Rugby.

Apart from mine, there is one other, a black/dark grey 1.8 TSi here in Duns, plus a red one in nearby Preston Village.

I've been asked about it many times since I got mine last August, loads of folks wanting to know all about them. We could do with a full dealership here in the Borders, closest ones are in Edinburgh, Cramlington, Northumberland or Carlisle. Plenty of Octys & Fabias hereabouts, so there must be enough business, several of our friends have Octys.

Keep your eyes open, aqua blue Elegance on a personal plate, often in & around Berwick, Kelso & next week, off down to Spalding, Ipswitch & Nottingham for a few days, but will aslo be in Edinburgh on Sunday for the Rugby.

After the performance Scotland (didn't) put up against Wales I'm surprised you'll bother ... should be an interesting wooden spoon decider in a month or so against Italy though. :rofl:

Result! Saw my first SM (apart from my two local ones in the village) last night around 7:30pm ....

..... A1(M) northbound through the Hatfield tunnel. Caught sight 1-2 cars ahead of me as we slowed for the 40mph roadwork/contraflow and tracked it through the tunnel a car or so ahead. On the exit of the tunnel and release from the 40mph limit it moved into the nearside lane to, I expect, exit at J4.

Looked like it was steel grey with reg no **10 VCD and driven by a lady.

Well after a plethora of Jukes, I've over the last two days seen a couple of Monters.

Yesterday evening roundabout with A64, A166 & A1079 a Pat Monster 1.2TSI SE, on a Notts DVLA FG 60 plate and active DRL.

This evening on the A166 it was an Aqua Yeti but not sure on trim with a more local YE59 registration.

TP

seen lots driving around St Albans but never in my own yeti.

so really chuffed to have spotted a black magic this afternoon by waitrose.

anyone on here i wonder?

Guilty as charged, your honour :rofl:

Oops, this is becoming a habit, cant go on meeting like this,

M25, Weds, 17:45 ish

Edited by Nightowl

mid-Wales to mid-Scotland, 370 miles, 6 hours in total, and nary a Yeti to be seen, except the one I'm sat in.

A rare beast indeed ... I'm driving to the Alps on Friday, via Hull and Rotterdam, I'll keep a keen eye out!

Watching Channel 4 last night, a new series called " Love Thy Neighbour" started and it's set in the Yorkshire Dales village of Grassington. During some of the street scenes there was a glimpse of a parked up SM in what looked to be 59 plate in Aqua Blue or Silver. It appeared two or three times but only a small glimpse. Spent most of the time looking out for it rather than watching the program - that's pretty sad really but then again, multi tasking is not a male strong point. :giggle:

Wondered if anyone on here owns it?

Here's the link to the program on Channel 4 on demand - see if you can spot it, you've got to be eagle eyed though.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/love-thy-neighbour/4od#3167255

Watching Channel 4 last night, a new series called " Love Thy Neighbour" started and it's set in the Yorkshire Dales village of Grassington. During some of the street scenes there was a glimpse of a parked up SM in what looked to be 59 plate in Aqua Blue or Silver. It appeared two or three times but only a small glimpse. Spent most of the time looking out for it rather than watching the program - that's pretty sad really but then again, multi tasking is not a male strong point. :giggle:

Wondered if anyone on here owns it?

Here's the link to the program on Channel 4 on demand - see if you can spot it, you've got to be eagle eyed though.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/love-thy-neighbour/4od#3167255

Up until recently, the only SM I had seen anywhere around here was a silver 59 plate at Kilnsey trout farm, which is a mere stone's throw from Grassington: wonder if it is the same one? Whoever it belongs to has the honour of being the deciding factor in my ordering a SM - a few days after I saw the silver one at Kilnsey and realised what a neat car it was size-wise, apart from its other virtues, I went to the dealer and ordered mine!

Dropped into DM Keiths in Leeds yesterday to discuss first service. There were at least 12 Yetis, nearly all SE 4x4s in various places on 11 plates ready to go out.

Came back to my car at Sainsburys in Colton near Leeds on Monday and one had parked next to me

From no Yeti's to quite a few now up here, Northumberland. Dark Blue, dark green, tangerine, silver, black have all appeared in the last 6-8 weeks. Tangerine is my favourite. The black looked great though.

Don't forget Scarlet (Red), she's been in Northumberland since April last year.

A6144 Bradford, Haworth Road ... I was headed uphill towards Chellow Heights, and a black Yeti in need of a good wash was heading down. Only spotted it at the last minute in a queue of traffic, no time to wave.

Guilty as charged, your honour :rofl:

Oops, this is becoming a habit, cant go on meeting like this,

M25, Weds, 17:45 ish

might have been ?? :thumbup:

Dropped into DM Keiths in Leeds yesterday to discuss first service. There were at least 12 Yetis, nearly all SE 4x4s in various places on 11 plates ready to go out.

Came back to my car at Sainsburys in Colton near Leeds on Monday and one had parked next to me

I understand some of these are going to their various dealerships as demos.

Out on the Mid Wales Stages Rally in Hafren today, and lo-and-behold:

022.jpg

023.jpg

Afternoon Simon!

And I'm finally home! :D

A pleasure to meet you Graham and finally put a face to the name! Couldn't have timed it better for meeting up!

I have done a total of 812 miles this weekend and have brought home a lot of Greystoke forest (Cumbria) and Hafren forest (mid Wales) all over the bodywork of my Yeti. Its certainly not red at the moment...

After 2 nights sleeping in the Yeti, I'm very much looking forward to a comfy bed now - the 2200 photos from the last 2 days can wait until another day to be sorted out!

Oh yeah, passed a shiney clean black Yeti on the M54 on the way home - if you're a member on here, then "Hello", I was in the very dirty beige and red one that went past you in the outside lane!

On the A483 Wrexham By-Pass at 5.20-5.30 Sunday evening. Passed a Muscavado (Cappucino?) Yeti going South. Pipped and waved but did not see any response! Driver probably thought "an idiot with road rage":@

Anyone own up?