Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Over my last 11 days travelling from London to Inverness and everything in between we saw six Yetis on day one going up (nearly all Aqua blue for some reason!), one the next, the same silver one (ST11 ***) parked behind the Aviemore Tesco twice, none the following few days, one Aqua blue one with Annapurnas parked outside a house driving north of Aviemore towards Nethy Bridge and then three driving back to London on the first leg to Yorkshire [And one of these (just outside Edinburgh) was towing a HUGE fishing boat!] and only two on the last leg.

I have also never ever in London or the South East experienced people staring at the car so much! At every single shopping centre we went to there was always someone peering inside the car when we got back to it! Really weird! :rofl:

Hey, that's normal for the wilds of Scotland ... they stare at ALL cars - they're still coming to terms with the internal combustion engine up there. B)

Dear Scottish people - if this post offends you ... please go and find your lost sense of humour. Yours sincerely, a boy from Norfolk who can count to 12 on his toes.

Saw one this morning when I was pulling out onto Newcastle Road in Durham, the Silver or Aqua Blue Elegance with a male driver was on the right of me travelling south. Gave a little wave and got the same enthusiastic responds back! Anyone on here?

There's been a Muscovado number parked on the driveway of a house in Heaton, Bradford a few times in the past week. I think it might live there.

Help! Am I the only Yeti in Cornwall? Have had mine for 6 weeks and have not seen another on the roads down here!

So jealous emoticon-0132-envy.gifemoticon-0183-swear.gif. We have to wait until Sept to get our hands on our Greenline and show it some Cornish back lanes.

Though we did spot two SM's around Launceston early afternoon today,

one in silver on the A30 and one not two minutes after just down from Tesco in Pacific Blue.

emoticon-0125-mmm.gifmmmm, Pacific Blue, did look good.

Saw a friendly red 60 plate in Wymondham Leicestershire where I live. Often see a blue one parked up on Sundays, presumably for church.

Also a few colleagues at work telling me about their plans to buy one. The greenline seems a popular choice. So will be seeing a few more around!

saw my first yeti on sunday near sainsburys petrol in wakefield by the roundabout amazonian green looked cool !

Four in one day, two in 2 minutes. 8.00ish this morning just outside Hebden Bridge, a silver one. Then at 11.00 ish I was early for an appointment, so parked up by the side of the Wakefield/Ossett road to have a coffee and read the paper. While I was sitting there a muscovado number overtook me, only saw the back of it. This evening, coming home through Hebden Bridge, saw first a red (60) plate coming towards me, then about 8 cars behind it a grey 59 plate. Waved at all the ones facing me like a madman, but no responses. :'(

Bob

Think Red one is Mytholmroyd Methodist minister. (doing mother in laws funeral on Friday)

OK, I think I've seen this red one before - last time he was parked outside a house in Charlestown area, just o/s Hebden. There's an oval sticker on the back of the car, with red and yellow stripes, and some words I think - but I've not got close enough to read what it says.

I'll refrain from mother in law jokes .... condolences.

OK, I think I've seen this red one before - last time he was parked outside a house in Charlestown area, just o/s Hebden. There's an oval sticker on the back of the car, with red and yellow stripes, and some words I think - but I've not got close enough to read what it says.

I'll refrain from mother in law jokes .... condolences.

Thanks Bob. Been in a home in Tod for nearly 9 years......you could have visited her.

Thanks Bob. Been in a home in Tod for nearly 9 years......you could have visited her.

Well if you'd let me know I would have done! :giggle: You can have mine in exchange if you like. ;)

Brecon at about 5 - a 60 plate brown one - couldn't tell if it was musco or capper!

First I have seen in this area.

Edited by Freshacre

Sunday, at around 3pm, White S model parked on Church St, Durham.

Today, around 1pm, Silver SE (or Elegance, can't remember) with Benfield sticker on the back overtook me on A1 (Gateshead) near Team Valley.

Last Week, Costco Chester a Muscavado one on Irish Plates, Crewe Saturday(or was it Sunday?) Blue one near Bently Factory driven by a lady, Red one a few minutes later by the telephone exchange, seconds later a silver one at entrance to Grand Junction retail park (in the mirror,) and it could have been the same silver one parked against Carphone W'House in the retail park about 10 mins later - they seem to be breeding round here!!

Hopefully another one (mine) next week !!

Today I cycled into Piccadilly Circus for work. Not needing to see a client I could get some exercise in. I saw an undelivered grey Yeti on a transporter parked up just inside the congestion zone on St Georges Road, just past Elephant & Castle on the way to Waterloo. There was an Octavia underneath it and lots of Audii as well.

I wonder who the lucky person is and where it was headed for....

Went out for a testdrive after fitting some soundproofing to the back.

Saw an identical one (Aqua blue, 1.2, 10 Reg) by Chester-le-street round about, she went A1(M) north.

About 3 miles later, A1(M) southbound by Junction 62 (Sunderland) spotted Silver 11 Reg SE.

Just seen a silver Yeti at Murgy's at Yeadon. Would have liked to talk to the owner but he was scoffing a monster fish supper at the wheel.

Not many (any) other sightings yet this week, bit surprising as Leeds is such a big place.

LizC

Saw a red one today at Talacre,that's 4 in about a month in my corner of N. Wales, wish I could add mine to the list, still no build date for the 1.2 tsi 105 S :'(

Edited by gerry1

Rosso Brunello one, parked in Dingle, Ireland on Sunday. Might have been "Photoemt" on a day out?

Also saw a black one over there that isn't on the Google map (see sig)