Recent Additions to the Blue Bullet

Been doing a bit of work to the Blue Bullet and broke my Disc & Pad changing virginity :)

Yesterday with the generous help of vRStu the following was done.

New Rear OEM Discs and pads

79bfbcea.jpg

New J-Hooked 345mm discs (thanks to Brake Guru DaveB) and OEM pads (Yes the Lump hammer was needed :rofl:)

f83e8dce.jpg

47304bcc.jpg

aefa6bfa.jpg

Full set of VF Engine mounts. Which in the words of someone else make the car sound "like a 6 Pot" :giggle: Only took pics after installation so can only see the engine mount :(

0f9d83e0.jpg

Oh and one of these ;) (although this was fitted 3 weeks ago somewhere else)

9f37abe2.jpg

d88161dd.jpg

That came in this box......

b2ce2c6f.jpg

A huge thanks to Stu as now, after his expert tutelage, I can change brake pads, discs and engine mounts (which I wasn't confident doing as I'd never done it before) :)

Oh and I Mustn't forget Hedge. Without his "Supervisory" skills we would have been in a right kerfuddle :p :giggle:

Edited by vRS Carl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear calipers are painted. Just they are OEM and the fronts are from an R32 emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Yes, But they're mis-matchedemoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

Get some blue paint and get busy, It'll look better for it, Trust me!

Yes, But they're mis-matchedemoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

Get some blue paint and get busy, It'll look better for it, Trust me!

I like the Two Tone look so ner ner ner :p

At some point I might get the fronts powder coated red. But we will see as it doesn't bother me :)

I've got green 345mm callipers...:D

All looks ace Carl! Stu is a gent that's for sure. Are your wheels 17" or 18"? Can't quite read it in the pic but looks like they're 17" to me?

I always thought the minimum wheel size you could use was 18" with the 345's so if I could have some 17" winter wheels for next year that'd be awesome.

Edited by Harry_vRS

They are indeed 17" wheels.

I originally had spacers but I took them off to try and see if they would fit. The indeed do. I did post a thread a while back detailing it all.

They wont fit all 17" wheels but due to the spoke design on the OEM Zenith they will :)

UncleB - yep they are :giggle: There is about 3-4mm of clearance iirc but as it's a fixed in place rotation it's never going to change so it's fine :)

UncleB - yep they are :giggle: There is about 3-4mm of clearance iirc but as it's a fixed in place rotation it's never going to change so it's fine :)

If anything bigger than a bit of gravel flicks up in there you'll know about it :)

If anything bigger than a bit of gravel flicks up in there you'll know about it :)

The 3-4mm gap is between the spokes and the caliper. The gap between the caliper and the inside rim is considerably bigger as you can see.

I would be extremely surprised if something bigger than a bit of gravel can lodge itself between the caliper and a rotating wheel which has big gaps between spokes. But just to be on the safe side I'll keep away from the Gravel Rallies and stick to Tarmac ones :rofl:

Who's a clever lad then , looks brill mate

I is well cleverer. My wife tells me so and she is a teacher :giggle:

Will try and give you a bell in a bit mate for a catch up if your about :thumbup:

The 3-4mm gap is between the spokes and the caliper. The gap between the caliper and the inside rim is considerably bigger as you can see.

I would be extremely surprised if something bigger than a bit of gravel can lodge itself between the caliper and a rotating wheel which has big gaps between spokes. But just to be on the safe side I'll keep away from the Gravel Rallies and stick to Tarmac ones :rofl:

And be sure to check that Mrs vRSCarl hasn't been fiddling with the select switch................. :giggle:

Carl what made you change pumps? Was the Autotech causing you problems?

Erm at the moment I'm staying tight lipped. You will understand in time ;)

All I will say though (and have said this for a while now) were I starting again then I would just go for the APR pump. Don't get me wrong I had autotech internals for over 50k miles so it's not a knee jerk reaction to anything. But there are reasons behind the change ;)

Have you noticed much difference with the VF mounts? Worth the cost?

Yes as now the engine is rock steady. It is quite weird revving the engine and it not rocking in the bay.

Also the car has a new sound and it really does sound like a powerful 6 pot turbo. :yes:

Not had chance to push it yet to see if it helps traction wise (due to more of the power being transferred to the wheels)

I also got all 3 mounts less than the cost of one. They were used but had only covered 2k miles.

Edited by vRS Carl

Cheers. Don't understand how the sound is effected tho? lol

Due to the fact the mounts are pretty solid, ( I was able to flex the OEM mount in my hands ) more of the sound of the engine is transferred to the cabin.

But it's not intrusive and I actually quite like it. It's no louder than OEM its just the sound is different. If I ever see you at a meet/RR day I'll take you out in it as its hard to explain fully.

ONLY 345s Carl :dull:

Very nice - my next aim is for sintered discs, but I'm not overly keen on the J from a personal point of view

I only need 345s as I don't have the weight of the wood burner to stop :p