Delivery delay

Just ordered a new Octavia Elegance estate with a 1.6 diesel and dsg autobox. I was quoted a delivery date of September 2011. Is there really such a long waiting time?

Just ordered a new Octavia Elegance estate with a 1.6 diesel and dsg autobox. I was quoted a delivery date of September 2011. Is there really such a long waiting time?

WTF!!!!!! 9 months, thats ridiculous.

Saw an article about the new Audi A7 and that "because of unexpected demand" orders would take 3 months, nearly wrote to daily mail to say that ALL VAG vehicles regardless of brand are taking 3 months, and ask them to do a more in depth investigation of the supply problems, but thought they would ignore me so didnt bother.

I'm looking at 8.5 months for a 1.6TDI 4x4; assuming it arrives by the end of this month...

I'm looking at 8.5 months for a 1.6TDI 4x4; assuming it arrives by the end of this month...

And we are told the world is in recession?! It appears that Skoda/VW could soak up some of the unemployed and make these terrific cars available in a shorter time frame!

Know the feeling guys - it's the same in Australia. My order for an Octavia Scout with DSG was placed in early December and the delivery date is "approximately" the first week of May. A mate with a Tiguan had the same issue - he was told it was because only a certain number of cars are built for each world market at a particular time. If your car arrives earlier then the scheduled date, it's because there was a cancellation either in your country or somewhere else in the world (presumably a RH drive). I also presume that said cancellations might happen relatively early in the build to allow for personal option preferences. Sounds feasible but I don't think that it explains the situation entirely. In the mean time . . . cards anyone? :|

Just waited 27 weeks to get my vRS - Yes it is true that if you want Diesel, you will have to wait this long.

The factories are working to capacity, but cos Skoda are the poor relation in the VW family, theyre last in line to get parts / Engines. Along with the Skoda order books being chock full.

A purely RHD factory would be a good idea, but by the time it was built, tooled up & running, they would probably be back to a 10 -12 week build cycle emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Just waited 27 weeks to get my vRS - Yes it is true that if you want Diesel, you will have to wait this long.

The factories are working to capacity, but cos Skoda are the poor relation in the VW family, theyre last in line to get parts / Engines. Along with the Skoda order books being chock full.

A purely RHD factory would be a good idea, but by the time it was built, tooled up & running, they would probably be back to a 10 -12 week build cycle emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Pick mine up tomorrow after 27 week wait as per ifc958. Diesel DSG Estate.

Placed my order for the new Octavia Scout diesel DSG on 30th November 2010 utilising VAT free deal + 2 years 0% finance.

Dealer placed order with factory on 2nd December and to date hasn't yet received a build week, let alone delivery date!

Included a number of 'extras' as also VAT free, but didn't include a 'Tracker'. Perhaps I should have done, as when I do eventually receive will be 'rarer than hens teeth'! And I thought it was only 'exotic supercars' that command a premium...!

Just popped in to my dealers today to see how long it would be. I ordered a vrs diesel on 5th Oct and my build week has now gone from 4 to 11 so all being well i should have it by mid April lol. The guy also told me skoda have cancelled all demo models for dealers and are only building to customer orders.

• 1 month later...

Hi Leigh, I'm a journalist for Auto Express magazine and we're looking to do a story on insanely long delivery times. Would you be interested in speaking to me? If so my email is [email protected]

Cheers

Jon

Hi Leigh, I'm a journalist for Auto Express magazine and we're looking to do a story on insanely long delivery times. Would you be interested in speaking to me? If so my email is [email protected]

Cheers

Jon

he only has 2 posts might be better trying to pm him but im sure if you look at the Octavia VRS Delivery thread you will find longer waits than this mines only taking 5-6 months woohooooo

Cheers

Jon

I ordered a Diesel VRS on September 29th 2010 and have been told it still has no build week was told week 4 then 11 now maybe 19!!! I think I will be waiting 8 months usually buy VW this is my first and last Skoda.

• 3 months later...

I've been waiting for my Octavia Scout since October 2010. Finally got a build week 27 (next week) but this has still not been confirmed. That's 8 months 3 weeks and counting. I thoughtit was all about CR engines going to China but now exhausts as well!!!

What will I buy next? Well......

Sorry to say Leigh, waiting times are bad, my Scout 2.0 TDI CR DPF DSG took 7 months to arrive, the good news is now its here I am delighted with it!!Dealer told me that if i ordered another one now I would probably have to wait 8 months!!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an Octavia Estate 1.8 TSI L&K DSG on 9th February 2011 with several optional extras (sunroof, privacy glass, phone prep & wheel, silver roof rails) with an estimated delivery of mid-May - Had a call from the dealer today and my car hasn't made it onto his latest build week list which runs to week 43 now - Apparently plenty of DSG-equipped vehicles are getting through too so that component isn't the cause of the delay, despite what I was told by SUK - Looking increasingly likely that I won't get my car in 2011! - vRS I'm trading in for it runs out of MOT in January so will be interesting to see if dealer will meet the cost of that if new car still not available - Will update nearer the time - Something has certainly gone wrong at Skoda this year though - This'll be my 4th brand new one (2002 Fabia Estate, 2003 Octavia L&K TDI 130 Estate & 2010 Yeti Elegance TDI 170 previous orders) and I've never waited more than 14 weeks for a car - Strange times...

I ordered a Octavia Estate 2.0 TDI CR 4x4 last week and was told the build date is week 51, after Christmas, maybe delivered January/February 2012.

Edited by Yorkshire

• 1 month later...

I ordered an Octavia Estate 1.8 TSI L&K DSG on 9th February 2011 with several optional extras (sunroof, privacy glass, phone prep & wheel, silver roof rails) with an estimated delivery of mid-May - Had a call from the dealer today and my car hasn't made it onto his latest build week list which runs to week 43 now - Apparently plenty of DSG-equipped vehicles are getting through too so that component isn't the cause of the delay, despite what I was told by SUK - Looking increasingly likely that I won't get my car in 2011! - vRS I'm trading in for it runs out of MOT in January so will be interesting to see if dealer will meet the cost of that if new car still not available - Will update nearer the time - Something has certainly gone wrong at Skoda this year though - This'll be my 4th brand new one (2002 Fabia Estate, 2003 Octavia L&K TDI 130 Estate & 2010 Yeti Elegance TDI 170 previous orders) and I've never waited more than 14 weeks for a car - Strange times...

28 weeks later and I still haven't got a build date - Have been getting fortnightly updates from Will at SUK but he hasn't been able to give me anything concrete regarding a build date so far - Availability of DSG boxes was mentioned again in the last call as a likely cause of delay so I can only assume that the factory is prioritising Fabia vRS's over my car as I note on the forum that their buyers are getting delivery dates - Would like to think I'll still get the car this year but losing confidence by the day - Does anyone know a definite release date for the Mark 3 Octavia in the UK? Would assume at least 2013? - Hopefully will have at least one year driving the current model! - Call me old-fashioned, but it shouldn't take less time to have a baby than it does to build and delivery a car??? 12 weeks to go until that theory goes to pot!!!

28 weeks later and I still haven't got a build date - Have been getting fortnightly updates from Will at SUK but he hasn't been able to give me anything concrete regarding a build date so far - Availability of DSG boxes was mentioned again in the last call as a likely cause of delay so I can only assume that the factory is prioritising Fabia vRS's over my car as I note on the forum that their buyers are getting delivery dates - Would like to think I'll still get the car this year but losing confidence by the day - Does anyone know a definite release date for the Mark 3 Octavia in the UK? Would assume at least 2013? - Hopefully will have at least one year driving the current model! - Call me old-fashioned, but it shouldn't take less time to have a baby than it does to build and delivery a car??? 12 weeks to go until that theory goes to pot!!!

My original post back in February(?) quoting delivery for September this year ( having placed the order at the end of December 2010) was, as it transpired, wildly pessimistic. In fact it arrived at the beginning of July! We are very pleased with it so far but it has only completed 1200 miles. To recap: the car is an estate 'Elegance', in metallic silver with a 1.6 tdi and dsg gearbox plus xenon headlamps. I find the lights far more pleasant to use than our previous standard ones.

Heard a wee tale that the vag group delays are due to the sales boom in china. the number of sales in china far outstrips the sales total of alot of european countries together, so it looks like who buys more wins, and not careing about the people who got you there.

My original post back in February(?) quoting delivery for September this year ( having placed the order at the end of December 2010) was, as it transpired, wildly pessimistic. In fact it arrived at the beginning of July! We are very pleased with it so far but it has only completed 1200 miles. To recap: the car is an estate 'Elegance', in metallic silver with a 1.6 tdi and dsg gearbox plus xenon headlamps. I find the lights far more pleasant to use than our previous standard ones.

I too love xenons! Is your car a six speed or seven speed DSG?

• 2 months later...

Just to close off, I collected the car on 22nd October and it's all good - Total wait ended up at 37 weeks, which isn't so bad considering some of the other posters on Briskoda! Stumbled into 3 years free servicing too as that's the current campaign - Nice! Promised £400 in M&S vouchers as a good will gesture but I'll have to wait two months for those - Might get them before Xmas if I'm lucky! Good luck to all those who are still waiting - I still believe that Skoda's products are worth waiting for!