Seat Belts

Hi all,

I noticed the front passenger seatbelt on my VRS doesn’t have a plastic cover over the buckle mount (that is the pair of steel cables below the bit with the red release button, fixed to the car body down by your hip), the drivers side on the other hand does. I assumed this was a factory build oversight and asked for it to be sorted on warranty only to be told by the dealer this was the normal state for Octavia’s. I would have thought the bare cables could act like a saw over time and mark the seat - not that there is any visible damage to date, and that’s why there is one on the drivers side.

Question, is the normal factory ship condition ie driver side has a plastic cover, passengers doesn’t and does anyone have any idea why?

?

Hi all,

I noticed the front passenger seatbelt on my VRS doesn’t have a plastic cover over the buckle mount (that is the pair of steel cables below the bit with the red release button, fixed to the car body down by your hip), the drivers side on the other hand does. I assumed this was a factory build oversight and asked for it to be sorted on warranty only to be told by the dealer this was the normal state for Octavia’s. I would have thought the bare cables could act like a saw over time and mark the seat - not that there is any visible damage to date, and that’s why there is one on the drivers side.

Question, is the normal factory ship condition ie driver side has a plastic cover, passengers doesn’t and does anyone have any idea why?

?

Mine too and I don't think that you are in the minority.

This is normal as the drivers side is monitored for the use of the seatbelt. The passenger side isnt, so doesnt need a cover to cover up leads going to the buckle.

This is normal as the drivers side is monitored for the use of the seatbelt. The passenger side isnt, so doesnt need a cover to cover up leads going to the buckle.

I assume monitor for use is something on top of checking the seatbelt in plug if a passenger is in the seat? Normal behaviour on mine is If the passenger doesnt buckle up I get the seat belt warning sign and audio chime. Many thanks for the response and explanation.

Ah I thought mine was the only one like this. I used VAGCOM to turn the seatbelt warning bong/light off because I've got into the habit of putting my seatbelt on after Skoda thinks I should. :)

:giggle: I have a Scout and mentioned it when it went in for a service, like people are saying its missing a bit of black heatshrink covering the bare wires. :S

I struggled to see them as they are masked by the centre console. The exposed steel cables are black and very short and do not move relative to the upholstery on my Elegance.

I can feel but not see the drivers side setup from my seat. Another little quirk I did not know about.

Hi,

Not sure if this is related by my seatbelt light and chime flashes when the seat belt is plugged in (drivers side). Its over sensitive.

Does anyone know how to put this right? Is the sensor in the above mentioned buckle mount? Or is it chiming for some other reason (belly too big?).

Is driving me nuts!

Never knew this, or noticed it. And I'm on my 2nd one :)

Will have to go and check. Suppose it's not that noticeable as both mine have had the jumbo box.

Chimes - can be disabled with VCDS/VAG-COM. Someone local to you is bound to be equipped. Check the VCDS section for a list. It was one of the first things I did! Some might argue otherwise, but I'm more than capable of deciding when to put my seat belt on.

Steve