The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

Thanks Sharkrider,

So what are the 'must haves' for the vRS then?

Looks like I was lucky with the tyres, I've had the Eibach's fitted pre delivery and will probably get a RARB at some point.

The dials do the 'needle sweep' thing which is cool but i want the door to all open on one click so i'll need to find someone with VCDS access near me, but else should i do?

TIA

Thanks Sharkrider,

So what are the 'must haves' for the vRS then?

Looks like I was lucky with the tyres, I've had the Eibach's fitted pre delivery and will probably get a RARB at some point.

The dials do the 'needle sweep' thing which is cool but i want the door to all open on one click so i'll need to find someone with VCDS access near me, but else should i do?

TIA

H&R RARB is probably one of the best bang for buck mods out there,together with the eibachs, it transforms the cars handling :)

I also have yellow stuff pads as the standards aren't up to track work, if you are not going on the track they are fine :)

you can change allsorts with VCDS///// I have the diff on the "middle" setting, although I beleive mine came like that, my old one was on the lowest setting.... you can also change (the locking obviously!) steering and brake feel, although i havent done that, its all down to preference :)

I also advise you drive it normally, use full throttle and full revs where ness, I don't believe running the engine in gently does it any good at all ;) but thats MY opinion! 

my next purchesses will be bilstein dampers and polybushes :)

Shark.

• Like 2

H&R RARB is probably one of the best bang for buck mods out there,together with the eibachs, it transforms the cars handling :)

I also have yellow stuff pads as the standards aren't up to track work, if you are not going on the track they are fine :)

you can change allsorts with VCDS///// I have the diff on the "middle" setting, although I beleive mine came like that, my old one was on the lowest setting.... you can also change (the locking obviously!) steering and brake feel, although i havent done that, its all down to preference :)

I also advise you drive it normally, use full throttle and full revs where ness, I don't believe running the engine in gently does it any good at all ;) but thats MY opinion! 

my next purchesses will be bilstein dampers and polybushes :)

Shark.

Agreed with running the running in, don't baby it, I just shied away from max full throttle and max rpm for the first 600 miles but was still using plenty of rev's up to 5500/6000 ish and lots of early down changes with the paddles in manual mode to use engine braking.

Handling wise you did the right thing getting the eibach's bolted on at pdi by all accounts on here, mine handles like a stoned Tesco shopping trolley, slow to respond and paranoid about crashing. In all seriousness though, I am probably over critical of the handling because I used to race karts, I will be modifying soon to get it more to my liking though. 

Anyway, congrats on the new purchase, the colour choice is cool and ENJOY!!!! :rock:

Agreed with running the running in, don't baby it, I just shied away from max full throttle and max rpm for the first 600 miles but was still using plenty of rev's up to 5500/6000 ish and lots of early down changes with the paddles in manual mode to use engine braking.

Handling wise you did the right thing getting the eibach's bolted on at pdi by all accounts on here, mine handles like a stoned Tesco shopping trolley, slow to respond and paranoid about crashing. In all seriousness though, I am probably over critical of the handling because I used to race karts, I will be modifying soon to get it more to my liking though. 

Anyway, congrats on the new purchase, the colour choice is cool and ENJOY!!!! :rock:

Many thanks - looking forward to giving it a good run over the coming weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

A few stone chips needed touching in which is rather easy with Solid Red.

I thought i better break out the Quality Wax.

Rather Expensive stuff for a Scottish person, when bought at £2.00 from Tesco.

( So best just use it sparingly. Simoniz Diamond Hard Wax.  I would even pay the full £6 for it!!!)

EDIT.  

Now i really am Splashing out. 

Triplewax  'Fast Wax' spray £3.50 @ ASDA,

really wonderful stuff for a quick shine after washing.

But spray on the application cloth, not directly on the vehicle.

• Like 1

Few pics of my recent purchase. Traded in the mk1 vRS for this little beauty :)attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Haha that's my old car! Recently traded it in to Carrs Skoda Indian Queens for our new vRS Estate..... :-)

Enjoy! Glad to see it's gone to someone on here. Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

Is it just me, or did he leave the side mirror heaters on the entire time.... Not sure it should bug me so much haha :giggle:

Amazing observation! I noticed he had the demister controls all pointing to 10 o'clock but you've taken it to the next level :-D

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Some awesome cars on here. You guys have done some fantastic work with your motors. Just makes me want to do more with my Fab vrs estate now. I have done some work, all exterior at the mo and all small minor mods but hopefully will move on to bigger things when I get some extra cash. No pictures to add at the mo, but will sort some out soon.

Things I've done to date no particular order.

I've removed the Fabia badge. Think it looks beastly now.

Bought a stubby Ariel. £3.49 off eBay a nice aluminium one.

Added led lights to number plate. Such a massive improvement for the sake of £4.50

I also put on red valve caps (still unsure on these...)

I've added a black sticker type badge to number plate on left side. Skoda logo and VRS logo on it. Think it looks cool.

I'm thinking of updating Skoda badges to new ones although I do love the older style so in two minds...

I've removed all the crappy dealer stickers from windows.

That's about it for now but I'm getting some Heko wind deflectors next week and I've got some mud flaps to add also. I'm also going to add the trusty Briskoda sticker!

Interior, there's quite a bit I want to do.

Armrest

Columbus unit

Led interior lights

Cruise control

Drivers side storage

Sun glasses holder

I'd also like to extra tint back windows to limo black if possible?

Anyway, sorry for going on. Like I say, I'm hoping to get some pictures up soon! Cheers

• Like 1

Sounds like a nice plan.

How are your LEDs doing as people had different experiences with LED conversions?

Where are you getting the Columbus from?

Forgot to add that I am also looking at fitting eibach springs too. Only fit the LEDs last night but had no problems with them up to now. Fitted first time, no warning on dash or anything and no flickering noticed, so looking good. Will be adding some to interior lights soon. I went with canbus free ones from fizzmo eBay. 36mm Festoon.

Not sure with the Columbus unit yet mate. Been keeping an eye out on eBay. They seem to be going for 300/350 for used one. I've also noticed some cheaper make units from china. 217 odd quid for a new unit which is great considering the spec but not sure if I trust them haha...