A cover to close the boot when the middle seat is used as an armrest

sebast

After long, long hours of hard labor (not really, just can up with the idea & made it), may I present you solution № 1:

pic.1: the cover, with the velcro pieces (just the ones with hooks):

1cover_piece.JPG

pic.2: strapped on the folded seats, just to have idea for the size:

2seats_folded.JPG

pic.3: the seats raised: nothing can be seen:

3seats_rised.JPG

pic.4: middle seat folder, boot covered

4middle_fold.JPG

pic.5: a view form the boot:

5boot_view.JPG

pic.6: final view, with nets. The pattern & texture of the piece is the same as the raised edge of the raised boot floor:

6boot_final.JPG

And the total bill is: <5 GBP :) I can give dimensions if someone is interested. One good thing is that the velcro straps do not stick hard to the back of the seats as it won't damage them over time. When I'm not using it (i.e. when carrying skis inside), I just roll it and put it in the net under the parcel shelf, or stick it on the back of one of the seats.

The blue bottle is Skoda winter screenwash (always carry extra bottle as on wet & dirty conditions I use a LOT of it (specially for boot window)

pic.7: bonus pic with no flash :) you can see the effect of replaced boot light (with one from superskoda). Second one will be fitted on later stage to get rid of shadows :)

7boot_no_flash.JPG

Next thing I'll be doing will be the missing carpet mat on the wheel arches, from the same material. Just haven't figured out what is the best way to fix the textile pieces to the plastic.

BR,

Boyan

Excellent solution!!! When are you going into production with this so we can all buy one from you? OR I can come pick it up next weekend since I will be in Sofia! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Looks neat. What material did you use for the cover?

As my knowledge in the tailoring area are very limited, I doubt that I will be of much help here... Even if can find the name of the fabric in Bulgarian, translation in English will be mission impossible :) What I can tell you now is that it's gray and soft, but sturdy :)))) I'll make a closeup photo later, it'll worth more that 1000 words :)

As promised, here are the close-ups of the fabric:

textile1.JPGtextile2.JPGtextile3.JPGtextile4.JPG

They're worth more than 4000 words :)

@ 90000: if you really are going to be in Sofia this weekend, we can arrange a test sample ;)

I have been pondering something similar. Having now removed the middle seat and the spare wheel assembly, I'm after something that goes across the whole width of the car.

Mike

If you don't need it, the parcel shelf is a very neat fit when placed vertically behind the rear seats.....

@ 90000: if you really are going to be in Sofia this weekend, we can arrange a test sample emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Hehehe... I'm indeed in Sofia from Thursday for a stag do! So might not get away (sober) to get the sample. I'm sure I'll be able to manage to get some fabric here in London that will do the job. But thanks for the offer!

Does the Velcro just stick to the back of the 2 outer seats?

Yes, not too sturdy but I think this is a good thing since it won't damage them over time. You can try it with a jacket or something similar.