fun with folding mirrors!

Hi All

Got a 60 plate superb and I must have changed a setting somewhere but stuffed if I can figure out what!!!

Yesterday I could lock the car, hold the lock button on the key remote for 2 seconds and the mirrors would fold in.

Today...nothing. Well, car locks but mirrors won't fold in anymore!

Tried every possible setting for the mirror control knob but didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

If you disable the auto-window opening thingy it disables this too, well it did on mine anyhow. I set mine to drivers door only and mirrors were folding again.

I had this occur without going into any of the settings. When I tried the window drop function by holding the unlock button only the passenger side windows would go down and this was the case for all the remotes I have for the car. It was fixed my manualy folding the morrors in and out followed by raising and lowering each window a couple of times inturn. Then everything worked as it should from the remotes again.

This happened to me as well......

Sounds really bizarre, and I was dubious when I was told this, but I tried it and it actually worked.

With the ignition switched on, lower all electric windows, the raise them all.

That's all you have to do.... well, it worked for me anyway!

Good luck

Mine is set that when I have the switch in 'L' and select reverse, the left mirror dips down. However, when I put the switch into 'R' and select reverse, nothing happens. How can I get it to get the right mirror to dip down when I select reverse?

The dipping left mirror is for looking down at the nearside kerb when parking, its very rare to have a kerb at the offside of a RHD car so there is no facility for that mirror to drop down.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the help.

I jumped in the car this evening, went for a drive, got back and all was working again!!!

I didn't actually do anything at all to any of the windows or mirror settings so a bit of a puzzle. If it happens again though I'll be sure to try some of the suggestions.

Incidentally, I generally keep mine on the heated mirror setting and the folding seems to work ok.

I only get the passenger mirror dipping if I select 'R' but it doesn't really drop enough anyway imo so don't really use it.

Thanks again

Mike

Stick it in reverse, get the mirror to dip, adjust it to suit and hit the memory setting of your choice until you get the 'bong' from the dash, the dipped mirror position should be stored where you've set it.

With all the different ways you can configure the Superb someone who knows it all ought to write a Skoda for Dummies book, I'll buy a copy. When you get into this stuff the driver's handbook is lacking to say the least. The only issue with writing a book is some markets vary the facilities available.

Edited by Ozsko

I noticed the Dipping mirror feature (neat feature -- I generally dip my mirror manually when performing a 'difficult' reverse) in L&K Octy (sorry!) I test drove (& Wifey Pruchased!) on Saturday...

However, I note that the mirror did not return to "home" position, and had to adjust it manually? How long after deselecting reverse should it take to revert?

Do the mirrors fold in every time you lock the car? Or can you select things such that they only fold in manually? I will prefer option 2. I know a Fiesta that folds the mirrors in every time the car is locked and that seems crazy to me.

I noticed the Dipping mirror feature (neat feature -- I generally dip my mirror manually when performing a 'difficult' reverse) in L&K Octy (sorry!) I test drove (& Wifey Pruchased!) on Saturday...

However, I note that the mirror did not return to "home" position, and had to adjust it manually? How long after deselecting reverse should it take to revert?

On my Superb II the mirror moves back up once you reach a few MPH going forwards, at the same time the parking sensor display goes from the Columbus and the radio turns itself back up.:yes:

The mirrors fold when you lock the car only if you hold down the lock button for two or three seconds - best of both worlds! :)

Ray

I've noticed that my driver side mirror does not fold in as far as the left side. My dealer told me it is normal (that saves them doing anything). Is it really normal?

I've noticed that my driver side mirror does not fold in as far as the left side. My dealer told me it is normal (that saves them doing anything). Is it really normal?

Yes it is normal. Don't know why, but there has been a post on here before about it and the passenger side folds almost flat, but the drivers side stick out at about a 15 degree angle.

HI, one other thought regarding mirrors previously folding in then next day not working.Did you use the same Key in the ignition? I had the same problem all was fine until i used the wife's key the day after, then i experienced the same problems you describe.Reverted to my key -problems solved !

HI, one other thought regarding mirrors previously folding in then next day not working.Did you use the same Key in the ignition? I had the same problem all was fine until i used the wife's key the day after, then i experienced the same problems you describe.Reverted to my key -problems solved !

Yes any settings you make on the Maxidot, HVAC or electric seats will only be stored to the key that was in the car. If you use two keys you need to redo it all for the other key. But once done it works a treat! I love how the mirrors and seat move the moment I open the door if the other key had been used last!

The mirror will stay in the lowered position until you either:- turn off the car and remove the key,

turn the mirror control switch into a position other than L

you pull away and the car exceeds 20km/h.

When one of those conditions are fulfilled the mirror will return to the preset position.

Ian

• 2 years later...

Is it possible that the mirror folding is disabled in very cold conditions? I heard mine struggle to fold out one icy morning, and the same evening, still close to freezing, they would not fold in. Just wondered if it is built in to protect motors etc?

When it's near freezing I avoid folding the mirrors...stood next to the car on one chilly morning, and they had alot of trouble folding open...Not too good for the motors I bet.