rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Hello all,

I have just sold my 2010 Superb (sad but sensible day, 30k in 6 months was going to see it worthless in 2 years time) and listed the 5N0 035 730 (or 3C8 035 730 A) bluetooth module that I bought a few months back on the Bay.

Worked perfectly with my iPhone and Galaxy S with RNS510 and white maxi.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190519057114#ht_613wt_1139

Or listing number: 190519057114

Got my 10 plate Superb Elegance 4x4 Hatchback last month, couldn't connect my HTC desire. Very disappointed.

Ordered a replacement 5N0035730D blue-tooth module as I had a "c" module and fitted it today.(From flea-bay - £115 - quite hard to find). Volia, my HTC desire now works perfectly! No SMS though, but that's already been covered, and it's not a big deal for me.

One point that people failed to mention is that when you disconnect the battery and reconnect it (5 minutes later in my case) is that my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree with error messages. ESP warning fault, Tyre Pressure warning light & power steering fault light all appeared. They refused to go away desipte turning ignition on/off, locking/ unlocking car (Gulp!). A quick (panicky) search of this site, followed by a quick 2 minute drive around the block soon cleared all these errors, but it was a bit scary when it first happened!

If your stuck with your car for a few years (Like I am - it's a great car, don't get me wrong), and you need the phone option, then this is best thing you can do. It's so easy!

Edited by Greenhouseblues
  • Like 1

One point that people failed to mention is that when you disconnect the battery....

Good to hear it's all working well! - Never thought to mention disconnecting battery, as i never took it off...! - there's next to no current involved with this device, so no real need to. (IMHO of course!)

Al.

I manage to use my HTC Desire (rSAP) and Skoda Superb II, with Columbus (only rSAP unit), with this app (http://www.android-rsap.com/).

But you'll have to root your phone, which was quite easy following the guide on "unlocker" page(includes a video guide).

Regards!

I manage to use my HTC Desire (rSAP) and Skoda Superb II, with Columbus (only rSAP unit), with this app (http://www.android-rsap.com/).

But you'll have to root your phone, which was quite easy following the guide on "unlocker" page(includes a video guide).

Regards!

What about the phone book. Can you download contacts stored on the phone or just the contacts stored on the SIM card?

rSAP = remote SIM ACCESS protocol.

Ray

BlackBerry (9800 Torch) and Nokia (e51) that i have tried in rSAP mode, will transfer the whole phone book, not just what's on the SIM.

But, the Torch in rSAP mode is soooo slooooow, hence, this thread and changing the module!

Al.

Firstly, can I thank everyone who has contributed to my initial request.

I have given in, changed the module to the latest version and bought a new Samsung Galaxy S. [Great phone]

I now have over 1,000 contacts on the car system, I can receive texts and either read them on screen or get them read out by a woman with quite a nice voice, I can also reply to texts from the car.

The latest voice activation system is much more responsive and accurate, than my old version, I know it's sad but I think this is great, and it has only cost me £135 for the module and £230 for the phone. :giggle::giggle:

One last question.. Does anyone know how to get the car to clean itself :D ?

Thanks again

Hi All,

I have been looking at the forum to get information on the new modules to make the car work with my IPhone 3GS.

Thanks to everyone. I purchased a 5N0035730D from a spanish seller on ebay which cost around £120, fitted to my Superb and volia connectivity.

It took longer to pair the phone to the car than to fit.

What about the phone book. Can you download contacts stored on the phone or just the contacts stored on the SIM card?

It downloaded the phonebook on phone + on the SIM card, but I believe you can disable either one. Also, I receive SMS messages on the maxidot display. Considering the fact that new BT part costs around 100-200 EUR on eBay, I would say it's worth doing it, unless you have absolutely no idea how to root the phone.

regards!

Hi Al, Be gentle please

I have just read this forum twice and been making notes

I have a 5No ending in C - so Ii know this is an old one

I understand that i can change this to a 5NO... D or a 3C8

Got it so far,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8250 and a Iphone 4

Blackberry currently reads texts but not able to reply - OK

Iphone wont connect -OK

Im with it so far but now a silly question.

Can I reply to texts on my Blackberry Curve on an updated version.

I belive this is not possible with Iphone 4 though.

Is there any way of reading emails on the blackberry also.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

To answer Questions;

- Yes, if connected via rSAP on new(er) modules

- Correct, iPhone will connect via HFP (As if it was connected to a Parrot or HeadSet

- Honestly, no idea...! - I know there is set up details in my blackberry's bluetooth for what to send, but i've never tried it. My Torch does not like rSAP...

Hope this helps!

Al.

Anyone know if the Galaxy S2 due out in UK in 2 weeks has the RSAP setup from the cureent Galaxy S.

Also was there a solution to the downloading of contacts from galaxy s phone rather than from the SIM.

I did see a post about Bluetooth File Transfer method but wondered if there was a builtin automated option.

Thnks

D

Hi Al, Be gentle please

I have just read this forum twice and been making notes

I have a 5No ending in C - so Ii know this is an old one

I understand that i can change this to a 5NO... D or a 3C8

Got it so far,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8250 and a Iphone 4

Blackberry currently reads texts but not able to reply - OK

Iphone wont connect -OK

Im with it so far but now a silly question.

Thanks for any help

My blackberry connects with rSAP and the e-mail function is disabled. I only get them when the phone disconnects from the car so you cannot read e-mails with the latest BT module.

My blackberry connects with rSAP and the e-mail function is disabled. I only get them when the phone disconnects from the car so you cannot read e-mails with the latest BT module.

That is expected as on rSAP mode, the SIM card is accessed by the car BT module. Technically u can use the mobile feature like GPS nav, but it must be enabled before the car connects to yr phone via BT.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

I bought the 5N... D module for£115 and it was great! Thanks for the recommend.

Tried rSAP mode and can do all the good stuff except I can't find the reply SMS feature on MFD or Bolero. Can someone advise where to get it?

Another question is my Maxidot is probably an older firmware. Doesn't display the AD2P or batt icons just showed square. Do u know if the MaxiDot firmware can be upgraded to display new icons encoding?

Thanks

I bought the 5N... D module for£115 and it was great! Thanks for the recommend.

Tried rSAP mode and can do all the good stuff except I can't find the reply SMS feature on MFD or Bolero. Can someone advise where to get it?

Another question is my Maxidot is probably an older firmware. Doesn't display the AD2P or batt icons just showed square. Do u know if the MaxiDot firmware can be upgraded to display new icons encoding?

Thanks

Any suggestions?

I have 3C8 035 730 version in my superb (Jan 2009).

Can I order either of these (5N0035730D and 3C8035730A)from ebay for to get the iphone to work.

Is there a difference between 5N0035730D and 3C8035730A.

Ive seen that there is no difference but if that is so why different part number.

Dave

There's no difference in the units apart from the numbers; the 3C8 belongs in a Passatt CC and the 5N0 is from a Golf or other VW / Skoda vehicle (so i believe)

As long as you have a White MFD, then you "Should" be able to go for either unit.

With regard to mcmug's post, i believe a firmware update is needed - i have the Audio and Phone logo's, but no where in the Media section of my Columbus to control it! - So i need an update too - but will get the dealer to do it me thinks.

Al.

Hi Again,

You won't need to cut any wires in the existing loom, as there aren't any there. You simply need to add new wires to carry the left audio channel.

In order to do this, you will need to get some repair wires from your local VW/Skoda dealer. These repair wires give you the correct inserts for the bluetooth and Columbus connector. Without these, the job is virtually impossible.

Repair wires you will need are:

Part number 000 979 009 (Columbus connector) x 1

Part number 000 979 010 (Bluetooth connector) x 1

The repair wires have inserts at both ends, so you simply need to chop the wire in half, and you'll get the two inserts you need.

You then need to get yourself some screened audio cable. Something like this, would be ideal: http://www.maplin.co.uk/high-grade-shielded-audio-cable-125

You need to solder the repair wires to either end of this cable, and then put heat shrink sleeving around the joints.

Running the wires under the carpet is quite tricky, as the carpets are very close fitting to the bodywork. On the drive shaft tunnel, there is a removable trim panel that simply pulls off. This will then reveal all of the wiring and ducts that are behind the Columbus. You will also need to remove the bluetooth module, and the metal baseplate it sits on. You will then find several holes in the carpet that you can run the wires through. I used a piece of flexible steel wire (like an old coat hanger) to push through under the carpet. I then attached the wire to the end using electrical tape, and pulled it back through under the carpet. It was pretty straightforward.

If you've any doubts about doing this, then I suggest trusting it to a good car hifi fitter, as they will be able to do it with ease.

As for getting calls from both speakers, then no, you only get voice from the right speaker, until you add these extra wires.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

Hi, thanks to you guys, I've followed your instructions and is now a happy 'ex-Nokia' Octy driver. And thanks to Andy's posting, I've also connected an additional speaker wire for Surround sound, especially when streaming music using BT.

I've posted some pics on VAGSG. Here's the link (PS, my ride's Octy so am using Bolero instead of Columbus). Otherwise, the operation should be pretty similar:

http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=715391&posted=1#post715391