rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

I have an iPhone 5 connected to my Columbus (Octavia Late 2010) and it works but the sound quality is not as good as my previous Blackberry. If the person slightly raises there voice then it clips and squeals. Turning the volume down makes no difference it seems to be a streaming issue.

Any ideas what that could be?

Fantastic.

Purchased my Christmas present from our friend in Portugal. Replaced 5NO 035 730 C with 3C8 035 730 C on my 2010 Superb Elegance. Now I have my Blackberry curve 9300 and wife’s iPhone 4 working beautifully.

Happy Christmas,

Mal.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Have Superb hands free. Always worked perfectly on Nokia X6. Have now changed to a HTC S8 Windows based system mobile. Does any of this advice apply to a windows8 based phone?

All the Best

Trevor

Car delivered 23/01/2009. The bluetooth on the phone seems to find the car and the car finds the phone but after trying to connect says that the phone is incompatible . I believe it is a GSM III installation, Up to now (with my old Nokia X6 phone) the system has always been hands free. You could use the remote sim through controls on the steering wheel (to access the phone book; the text messages etc) or via voice instructions, either calling a number or pre set voice recognition for the regularly called numbers.

I hope this answers the questions

Thanks for trying to help

Trevor.

2009, you'll need to replace the module to allow for HandsFreeProfile use.

Nokia have dropped rSAP and it's not supported in Windows 8 (as far as i'm aware)

Replacing the module, will allow connection to any Bluetooth Phone - You will still be able to access phone book, but you can't read texts on the MFD. - You will still be able to use the old phone with either rSAP or HFP with the new(er) module.

Hope that helps!

Al.

Hi Al, and many many thanks. Your explanation ties in with whats happening when I try to connect. I switch on the HTC S8 bluetooth. Then tell the car to search. It finds the Phone and tells me it is an HTC S8. The phone finds the car and tells me it is a SKODA_rSAPA and asks me for a pin number. But by then the car gives a message that "The Mobile Phone is not compatible" and does not give the usual number sequence. I can't get any further. The in-car module (under the seat) has the code 5NO 035 730A.

I had a similar problem last time I changed my phone to a Samsung (2 years ago; It connected but did not work fully) so I went back to a Nokia (X6) which worked perfectly (and still does). But from what you say the new Nokias, or any other Windows based phone would not now work. So there's little point in me searching for a new Windows phone that would work.

From what you say replacing with a new module would help Would this be a 3C8 module.

Many thanks for all your help. Any other comments or suggestions would be great. SKODA seem quite poor at offering help

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Yes, Replacing the module will cover all phones currently on sale. - The 3C8 module listed (as i have installed) will work fine, as will the new(er) revision "D" of the module you have - part numbers are made for specific cars, ie, the 3C8 comes from a Passat CC (i think) and the 5N0 (with a D on the end) from other VW's. - But reading through this thread, you'll see members have gone either way, and they all work.

Al.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question on the topic of Bluetooth modules in the Superb.

Will the 3C8 035 730 A unit (which I have) allow for text messages to be read aloud via the speakers over Bluetooth? I had this feature on my 10-reg Mondeo Titanium X, with an HTC Titan (Windows Phone 7) and it work a treat. You could do voice to text too in order to reply to text messages!

From what I've read, you can read/write text messages via the MFD, which I've not noticed/tried yet but can it read aloud/convert voice to text?

Mondeo would say; "New text message from 'Joe Bloggs', you can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'..."

Then it would read the message to you and ask if you'd like to 'reply' or 'finish'...very useful (if a bit hit and miss when replying)!

MFD Will Display Txt's IF connected to a rSAP compatible Phone.

It will not read them out.

If connected to a "HandsFree" device, rather than rSAP, then NO txt message is possible.

Hope this helps!

Al.

MFD Will Display Txt's IF connected to a rSAP compatible Phone.

It will not read them out.

If connected to a "HandsFree" device, rather than rSAP, then NO txt message is possible.

Hope this helps!

Al.

Thought about this a little more and i was having a 'blonde' moment...

Actually, this is a Windows Phone (probably others too) unique...as I first witnessed it after I changed from an iPhone 4 to a HTC Titan...I looked at the settings today on my Titan and you have the following option under Settings > Speech;

Play audio confirmations;

On < currently selected

Off

Read incoming text messages aloud;

off

always on

Bluetooth and headsets

Bluetooth only < currently selected

Wired headset only

Haven't tested in the Superb yet, but will do this weekend and report back!!

• Like 1

I changed my phone today from an HTC Desire C to a Nokia Lumia 620 (Windows 8 phone) and had no problem connecting as I had changed the BT Module when I got the car in December, however I noticed with the Windows phone I have a choice of connection - premium or handsfree. It is currently set to premium as that is what it defaulted to but what is the difference?

I suspect that "Premium" is actually rSAP, which should give you text messages on the screen, whereas handsfree protocol won't, AFAIK. I've tried both as I've changed handsets and I prefer handsfree, but my iPhone 4S doesn't have the choice. Nokia was - at the start - the mobile of choice with Skoda and a very reliable pairing when others were iffy at best, but I've no experience of the Lumia 620 and it's best that other Lumia users advise on the pros and cons.

Ray

• Like 1

I don't know about the Lumia 620, although I do have an o2 one in my possession that I am trying to get unlocked for use with Vodafone...so may be able to comment further shortly... ;)

By way of an update with regards to 'text to speech' I tried this today and it didn't appear to work... :(

I'll continue to test and report back but it maybe that an rSAP connection or similar is required?

Well - I have now got my Nokia Lumia 620 connected to Premium and was driving today when I got a text - it actually read it to me and asked (I think) if I wanted to reply - not sure if that was call back or text back. This was all from voice commands.

Sorry it is a bit vague about the prompts but I was too excited!

This is going to be very useful as I often get sent a text while I am driving and have to pull over to read it. At least now I will know who it is from and what it says so I can phone them back if needs be.

Well - I have now got my Nokia Lumia 620 connected to Premium and was driving today when I got a text - it actually read it to me and asked (I think) if I wanted to reply - not sure if that was call back or text back. This was all from voice commands.

Sorry it is a bit vague about the prompts but I was too excited!

This is going to be very useful as I often get sent a text while I am driving and have to pull over to read it. At least now I will know who it is from and what it says so I can phone them back if needs be.

Yep, you definitely can reply via voice to text...a bit iffy tbh, especially when driving at reasonable speeds but depends on the Superb's mic quality I guess? How do you connect the phone via 'premium'? I was just happy to get the phone connected originally, so didn't look at connection types etc...

I'm going to try and have a look today but any instructions would be great!