Worst Average MPG

xa0sx

What's the worst average MPG you've got over a whole tank? And least amount of miles out of a tank?

Been racing around tonight and have less than 1/4 of a tank left after 120 miles averaging 17.8mpg. I thought that was quite impressive... :) I reckon I can empty the tank by 160-180 miles, I'll keep driving her hard for the remainder of the tank to see. :D

What's the worst average MPG you've got over a whole tank? And least amount of miles out of a tank?

Been racing around tonight and have less than 1/4 of a tank left after 120 miles averaging 17.8mpg. I thought that was quite impressive... :) I reckon I can empty the tank by 160-180 miles, I'll keep driving her hard for the remainder of the tank to see. :D

17.8MPG is amazingly impressive, what the hell are you doing?! I have been known to drive like a knob but I've never seen it below mid 30's on a reasonable journey and I always see at least 300 miles to a tank no matter what. :S

Edited by Barkballz

Did you get out of third gear??emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

18mpg is my economy on track! So I dread to think how the car was being driven to achieve this on the road! :D I don't think I've ever done a journey of reasonable distance and not seen at least 40 something. Perhaps mid 30s for just a drive round Exeter.

Why would you be ar$ed driving like a tool with the price of diesel the way it is?

I know obviously more money than sense spending £50+ a day or 2 on diesel.

The worst I was getting was I think 30's 40's on the motorway slipstreaming an Audi when by the rate he was going as well running late for the England v Algeria game in the world cup. Funny enough I followed him all the way into the same village just a few streets down from where I was going.... Small world!

Errrrrr, Because its fun? (in the right conditions/place) :rofl:

I manage high 20`s sometimes, but takes some hard work. :giggle:

Matt

Mate I totally agree with you - right conditions/place etc, but some posts on this site lately are driving me to despair! You can bet that the OP wasn't "racing around tonight" on a private racetrack - I'm not trying to start an argument and have been trying very hard to stay off my high horse on this subject but pretty much every single day there's several new threads relating to driving basically in a dangerous fashion and ultra chavvy modifications. I'm surprised nobody has stuck a bonnet scoop off a Kia Sedona on their vRS yet. It just seems that a car that was once a well kept secret (the Fabia and specifically the vRS) has been discovered by Max Power readers and it's a bit of a shame really. I mean - who would want to buy any car which had been treated/driven in the way some of the cars are described as being treated/driven on here?!

Jason - prices here are ranging from £1.30-£1.33 man, I think I'll cry if it goes up any more.

Edited by Big Mikey

Mate I totally agree with you - right conditions/place etc, but some posts on this site lately are driving me to despair! You can bet that the OP wasn't "racing around tonight" on a private racetrack - I'm not trying to start an argument and have been trying very hard to stay off my high horse on this subject but pretty much every single day there's several new threads relating to driving basically dangerously and chavvy modifications. I'm surprised nobody has stuck a bonnet scoop off a Kia Sedona on their vRS yet.

TBH I totally agree. Right place and time yeah, but how often these things happen at the right time, who knows. I'm not massively fussed about other peoples cars tho tbh, just means the more that get ruined the more mine it worth. :) every warm or hot hatch goes thru phases

Matt

I can remember when I had just bought my car and was traveling 8 mile to work (Wilton). Once on the main roads at the bottom of a hill I averaged 67 mpg. By the time I reached work it was 65 mpg.

I then drove on a small single tracked road and at the bottom of the hill it was 28.5 mpg. It then went up to 30mpg at work. I think I once did 32 mpg on a track session at Croft.

BTW, last week I filled up with VPD and it was £1.40.9 per litre. (132.9 p/l for normal Shell).

Why would you be ar$ed driving like a tool with the price of diesel the way it is?

Saturday night is 'cruise'/race night in Essex pretty much and it's quite fun comparing the vRS to other cars. To be honest it's about the only time I find people who are prepared to have a little play.

Driving that hard with standard brakes iirc, must be amusing.

Ali said my brakes discs are cracking, they do OK as long as you don't use them a lot so it's kinda like using a 'turbo boost button' on a game, you save the brakes until you really need them. :rofl: I have my 15mm spacers now so need to see if they fit OK and if so the Brembo's will be ordered finally. :)

Our worst average MPG is nothing compared to others though! Just think about Focus ST owners or the like. I get the same MPG on track as they do just driving normally, that makes me smile :)

I managed to drive from Torbay in Devon to Oulton Park in Cheshire last week and proceed to do a whole day out on track - on one tank of fuel! Others were using 2 tank fulls at least just out on track :rofl:

I've also noticed a drop of between 5-10 MPG on my 150 mile motorway runs in the high winds this weekend too :(

Edited by SimonK24

Saturday night is 'cruise'/race night in Essex pretty much and it's quite fun comparing the vRS to other cars. To be honest it's about the only time I find people who are prepared to have a little play.

That makes it ok to race on a public road then does it ?

Nice one ! :thumbdown:

I was 'cleaning my brakes' up last night with a bit of spirited driving and I have to put my hand up and admit I did try to get the lowest mpg possible but it ended up around 44 mpg.

37 miles of a/b roads and a 15min run on the dual carriageway.

Really must be some achievement when you got mpg of 20s or 30s.. but then again I don't do excess of 30's in the 30 zone, keep it safe and out the way of people if you want to have a play.

I was 'cleaning my brakes' up last night with a bit of spirited driving and I have to put my hand up and admit I did try to get the lowest mpg possible but it ended up around 44 mpg.

37 miles of a/b roads and a 15min run on the dual carriageway.

Really must be some achievement when you got mpg of 20s or 30s.. but then again I don't do excess of 30's in the 30 zone, keep it safe and out the way of people if you want to have a play.

Well said.

I used to stick to 30mph, then the 1 day I was running late I was going 40 on the speedo & got clocked doing 36mph.

Now I always stick to the limits, but where it's safe to do so I have a little fun.