New mods fitted

Quick update on the milltek. Had the res section fitted today and very happy with the results. Lovely and quiet when cruising but louder on acceleration than stock. Maybe a touch quieter than I would have liked but so much nicer than the boomy non-res. Also, I thought I was imagining things when I had the milltek fitted as I was sure the car was slower at high revs, seemed to have a flat spot around 5k rpm. Since ive had it changed though, it is definitely quicker and pulls right to the red line with no flat spot. Strange as I thought the non-res would be higher flow buy it was certainly causing an issue or sorts!

Also, now in possession of a full set of R32 brakes which have been stripped ready to be powder coated. Just can't decide on red or black?

Glad you have the exhaust sorted.I'm having the centre res section fitted aswell now!

Same problem as you with the non-res. I had the resonated system on my previouse Octy which was quieter than I wanted but as you say no boominess and louder than stock. interestingly it was louder after a long journey!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather has finally improved enough for me to do the spring detail. Took about 12 hours in total and my arm was properly tired by the end. Looks great now though and ready for Castle Combe in a few weeks. The R32 brakes are going on tomorrow which were powder coated red in the end. Here are a few picks from earlier today near the south coast (Dawlish area).

IMGP1806.jpg

IMGP1817.jpg

• 3 months later...

-Update- Just dropped the car off for a service and to have a nice shiny new Milltek down pipe fitted. When that's on, Revo stage 2 will be uploaded. Looking forward to driving it later, not sure I've seen any TSI vRS's at stage 2 yet.

i had my miltek cat back non res fitted on friday and i do find it a little boomy on the motorway but i like it, RARB on order and maybe later in the year the miltek downpipe and stage 2 from shark. :thumbup:

I'm not too far behind you :giggle:

Well, just got back from having a service, Milltek downpipe and stage 2. WOW, what a difference. Bags more power and torque, but feels more linear and pulls to the red line. Initially we set the car to 'performance mode 2' which is for 98 ron fuel. Took the car on the A38 from Exeter towards Plymouth up over Haldon Hill. For those that dont know, its a very steep dual carrigeway with 3 lanes. In sixth from 60 to well into double figures was hugely impressive. Matt (Volkscraft), was massively impressed with the low intake temps it was running and the quick recovery it demonstrated. There was also virtually zero timing pull.

We therefore pulled off shorty after and contacted Revo HQ. They stated that they had run TSI engines on 'performance mode 3' (102 ron fuel) with no issues and advised us to have ago. Holy Crap, this was like a whole new level and surprisingly, all of the engine parameters were still fine, Unfortunately, my clutch didnt like all the extra torque. Giving it some in 5th at about 3k caused some slippage so immediately back off and coasted back to the garage.

Decided to go back to mode 2 for now and hopefully the clutch can take it, but nice to know there is potentially more in reserve. Not been rolling roaded but here is one I found on a scirrocco forum with the same setup as mine, so assuming the figures will be similar. Looking forward to Castle Combe now!

scirocco.jpg

Bloody hell mate, if yours is pulling figures like that I would be impressed, I have heard the TSi engine is more tunable than the Tfsi but 290 bhp from stage 2 software!! :o Thats just sick. :thumbup:

Next stop, stage 3, and 300+...... ;)

Car looks stunning fella and once i have the downpipe and stage 2 will be a very similar silver estate without the facelift front though so im bound to say it looks stunning lol :)

Car looks stunning fella and once i have the downpipe and stage 2 will be a very similar silver estate without the facelift front though so im bound to say it looks stunning lol :)

I noticed from your build thread that you have a Tsi engine also, have you done the conversion or is it a later model vRS?

Got an APR intake inbound, and already have full Milltek TBE system ready to fit, should be Shark Performance Stage 2 by the end of summer I think emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I noticed from your build thread that you have a Tsi engine also, have you done the conversion or is it a later model vRS?

Yea Wardy is spot on, its had the TSI engine and facelift interior standard and was the main reason i chose the car. I had been looking at a few with the FSI engine but really wanted the TSI as knew i would be tuning it and need fueling improvements on the FSI. Glad i waited now with the power increases that are being had on the TSI's

Edited by dainott

Love the look and stance of the car so had a look on the e-Bay website advertising the 15mm wheel spacers. They have various dimensions so I checked to confirm they would fit (confident they would as you've used them). However, I'm a bit confused as on my car (new FL Octavia vRS hatch) the rear hub sits ~15mm proud of the disc while the website dimension states 13mm max - how did you gets yours to fit, did you have to modify ?

Also guess you lose the locking wheel bolt as well ?

I live in the Exeter area so will keep a look out for you - I drive a white hatch with black wheels.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Neil Effer

They fit fine with no modifications at all. I was a little concerned about the depth of the hub as well but they fit perfect. Think I have seen yours once or twice and looked great :thumbup:

Noticed there's a plastic cover over the hub centre - guess taking that off would lower the overall depth by a mm or so.

Re: the question on locking wheel bolts - did you get a longer (locking) bolt or do you just do without ? Did you need to get some new plastic caps for the non-locking bolts as well ?

Thanks again, I'll be on the lookout for you but won't be challenging you to any traffic light grand prix as my engine is standard !!

On a separate note I also use Matt at Volkscraft, top bloke and very knowledgeable on all things VAG related.

Edited by Neil Effer