Anyone used one on a mk1 vrs?

dubDEAN

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has used one of the godspeed golf mk1.8t smic's off the american ebay? Don't want a front mount as wanna keep it looking uber stock plus its just a stock replacement past with no real cutting. Will it make a difference ?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get them from UK ebay, I looked into these but couldn't find any concrete evidence that it would be better. Why don't you buy one and do some before and after runs on the dyno? Then I will know if I should buy one :rofl:

Looks a good bit of kit and for not a lot of money :thumbup:

yes dean i can certainly vouch for these. i bought mine from godspeed direct but from what i hear there are some ebay suppliers that can offer them at a fraction of the price. the build quality is ace and hasnt given me any problems. was a breeze to fit as well just needed to trim the oem ducting to fit it in. i would choose one of these over the forge smic any day mainly because it is literally twice the depth!! no real performance difference because its been so cold since i have fitted it, however on warmer days the car def seems more willing at high revs. there was a guy from a golf forum that had some logs done on his car and they did show a dramatic drop in inlet temperatures so on that i just went out and bought one. will see if i can dig up the link for ya

Edited by vrs200bhp

Just bought one search golf mk4 1.8t intercooler kit and it comes up company down london five left and its only a hundred and five delivered he has 4 left my stock one is full of asap and a bit crusty so gains or not better than another stock one :) awesome like you say hold boost better than leaking stock item and a drop in charge temperature so all cool

Just bought one search golf mk4 1.8t intercooler kit and it comes up company down london five left and its only a hundred and five delivered he has 4 left my stock one is full of asap and a bit crusty so gains or not better than another stock one :) awesome like you say hold boost better than leaking stock item and a drop in charge temperature so all cool

Got a link??

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has used one of the godspeed golf mk1.8t smic's off the american ebay? Don't want a front mount as wanna keep it looking uber stock plus its just a stock replacement past with no real cutting. Will it make a difference ?

Dont waste your money....a 5" thick intercooler core, can not and will wont work efficiently.

Bill.

Hi appreciate that you are after a stock looking car, but you should not need to cut anything off car for a branded FMIC if you were to go that route :thumbup:

Edited by Bowders1

UKMKIVS had a group buy on these last month and it came in at £94 delivered , and someone got some logs :

Its hard to get the same logs back to back. This is a 40-80 sprint In the same gears. Used the same bit of road. There was a 3* difference in temps (Today was 3* colder). What does everyone think :SConfused I was expecting 5* or something but not this.

screenshot20101123at201.png

and heres a graph of the forge SMIC

FMINTMKS_1.jpg

Edited by MickMc

I ordered my Forge FMIC yesterday :D

Good choice. :thumbup:

The fit of these is spot on. I did a DIY guide on this forum but you get good instructions in the kit.

They are cheaper now, then they have ever been, and if you order through Briskoda you get a very good discount indeed. :thumbup: No where near what you pay in the mags.

Well guys i bought one cos my stock one is battered to death done a 125k and i'm sure its leaking a stock unit new from gsf is 80 plus vat so i.ne sure the extra 8 quid on a full alloy one can't be that much of a waste of money compared to a 700 quid forge front mount on a car i'm never gonna really tune and to paint a forge unit black so i don't have to look at it just seems wrong to me .... Opinions appreciated but its done now so guess i will let you know if any improvement lol

Well guys i bought one cos my stock one is battered to death done a 125k and i'm sure its leaking a stock unit new from gsf is 80 plus vat so i.ne sure the extra 8 quid on a full alloy one can't be that much of a waste of money compared to a 700 quid forge front mount on a car i'm never gonna really tune and to paint a forge unit black so i don't have to look at it just seems wrong to me .... Opinions appreciated but its done now so guess i will let you know if any improvement lol

£700 quid? you can get a Forge now for £500 or less.