Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Not sure what mine are, Skoda are like 'Yeah, they need doing and I'll order them now for you' so as far as I'm aware, they are doing them regardless.

Will check my part number tonight....if it's H or J they need doing? Is that correct?

I had my motor checked at Skoda on Tuesday as part of recall, and can confirm that they are replacing mine FOC next Wednesday. I had 3 rev "L" and 1 rev "J" :thumbup:

Hi Bowders1

Which Dealer did the check for you ,Did you get a recall letter or just chance your luck

as i Should get them to check mine out suppose.

Cheers Bazaa

Well I called up local dealer and it turns out the recall is on my 2 cars...So one booked in thurs. to get done...I have told them to just change coils and they want to flash the ecu for some reason?I have told them NO they do not touch it...so now there saying they may not be able to do it as it is part off the job????? Like hell god I don't even want them to touch my car but it is 4 free coil packs......I also asked the reason for the recal and they said they didn't know..???? Ya right..

Hi Bowders1

Which Dealer did the check for you ,Did you get a recall letter or just chance your luck

as i Should get them to check mine out suppose.

Cheers Bazaa

Hi Bazaa, my Dealer was Fareham , Hampshire. No letter just called a they can confirm over the phone by your reg number if your car could be effected. Then they will ask to book in a free check up. Then confirm what revision you have and advise from there. :thumbup:

Just had a coilpack failure Thursday night. Running on three cylinders. Guessed Coilpack and with the wonders of diags, replaced no.2 from a cheap secondhand set bought off ebay.

Did plugs as well yesterday, as can be linked to Coil pack failure. The set from ebay were 2x from 2004 and 2x from 2007 so used a 2007 pack. Runs fine now.

Just dug old coilpack out of the bin and it is a 7/01 H version.

So do I take this up with the dealer or just expect to replace as they fail? Probably in quick succession...

Edited by goonybird