Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

lol, What have I started? :rofl:

Well called local Skoda Dealer and yes there is a recall and it does effect version L backwards. My car has been initally accepted as a recall. They basically book your car in. confirm it has a recall version, then send you away and order the coil packs then call you in and fit them. I asked just to get the replacement coil pack and fit myself, (no chance). So although 2 trips, if free then what the hell. Mind you they might see my car as a none std one (as it does stick out a bit) and refuse recall against it????

Booked in for Tuesday so let you know how i get on..

mine are all "L"'s so should be fine. I don't think many people are aware of this and Ali and Ross didn't believe me when I mentioned it last week at UNIT18.

Should be, but the point is "L" are now included under the recall, which was not the case before.. :thumbup:

What Mark said.

I've been down today and L versions are affected by the recall. The only ones which are still classed are servicable as version R and D.

A, F, G, H, J, L and N all need replacing :thumbup:

As far as mods are concerned, the Skoda service guys were all impressed by mine, and all came to have a look. They very rarely get MK1 vRS's in, and they don't usually have loads of shiny bits and silicone under the bonnet. B)

Mines booked in a week on tuesday. It says on the invoice I'm getting version R, but I presume all the new ones will be sent out as the latest D revision regardless of what has been ordered.

p.s. This recall (Technical service bulletin) does not apply to bolt down coil packs.

Has to go to skoda mate. Even though VW have had a similar recall, it only applies to VWs. They won't want to know about a skoda.

+1

Yep car must go to a Skoda Service Dealership

apparently they update software in the car before changing the packs.......WTF???

what do you guys think.....?

Not sure i trust the dealer with a spoon in my coffee in the waiting area, let alone trying to update my ecu!

yup thats what i thought, but the service desk insisted on keeping my car for half a day and doing a 'software update' first. Basically i dont think she had a clue about what she was saying.

i then have to go back and have them fitted once they have ordered them in....apparently despite the fact they are a recall item they dont keep them in stock!!!

That's stupid. Couldn't they do the 'software update' when they fitted the coils?

Perhaps they mean scan with a diag machine for misfires and clear any codes?

Shame about not keeping the old coils... :rofl:

i then have to go back and have them fitted once they have ordered them in....apparently despite the fact they are a recall item they dont keep them in stock!!!

The recall has only just come out so they would need to be ordered. Plus how many do you order? We normally keep a couple of sets in now but on a busy day with a few recalls they might go.

...& wonder as mentioned whether theyll let us keep the old ones as 'spares'!

L revision coils do fail too.

I think keeping the old ones is pushing it a little for a Free recall :giggle:

A the "L" does fail that is why they are including that version now in the recall.

apparently they update software in the car before changing the packs.......WTF???

what do you guys think.....?

Not sure i trust the dealer with a spoon in my coffee in the waiting area, let alone trying to update my ecu!

Can't see why Skoda would want to flash the ECU.

I will not let that happen as i don't want the map removed.